1/6 Hot Toys - Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Carnage Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Controversial opinion here, but I have very little interest seeing Sony-verse Venom fight MCU Spider-Man. At this point there's no logical reason for that to happen: Venom's origin is completely dis-associated with anything Spider-Man, and on top of that he's ALREADY being portrayed as an anti-hero, which didn't happen in the comics until long after Brock came to grips with his Spider-Man hatred.

I'd be far more interested to see them trend in a direction more akin to the more recent Venom stuff in the Cates/Stegman run....particularly some of the mythology around the Absolute Carnage/King in Black stuff.

There's a line in the first Venom flick where the symbiote talks about "being more." Let's see that pay off.
Your opinion isn’t unpopular. I don’t know why they made a venom film with no connection to Spider-Man I don’t see how they can have a conflict

Controversial opinion here, but I have very little interest seeing Sony-verse Venom fight MCU Spider-Man. At this point there's no logical reason for that to happen: Venom's origin is completely dis-associated with anything Spider-Man, and on top of that he's ALREADY being portrayed as an anti-hero, which didn't happen in the comics until long after Brock came to grips with his Spider-Man hatred.

I'd be far more interested to see them trend in a direction more akin to the more recent Venom stuff in the Cates/Stegman run....particularly some of the mythology around the Absolute Carnage/King in Black stuff.

There's a line in the first Venom flick where the symbiote talks about "being more." Let's see that pay off.
I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel this way. A big aspect of Venom comes from Peter having used the symbiote first and then abandoning it. That mixed with Eddie Brock's hatred for Spider-Man/Peter is a huge part of it. You then have Venom who carries Peters memory so that he learns to target the ones he loves like MJ and Aunt May. Another aspect a lot of people like is that Venom doesn't trigger his Spider-Sense, putting him at a disadvantage that other villians don't normally have.

Putting Tom Hardy's Venom who already acts like a jokester that promised to save Earth, with Tom Holland's Spider-Man is a weird random dynamic.

It's just that Marvel's long moved past Venom being a pretty one-note "I hate Spider-Man" villain and developed him into a more well rounded, complex character capable of carrying his own stories, so I can't help but shake my head at the the "WhEn wIlL hE FiGhT sPiDer-MaAaAaAaAnNnNnnnn?!?!?" broken record.

It's just that Marvel's long moved past Venom being a pretty one-note "I hate Spider-Man" villain and developed him into a more well rounded, complex character capable of carrying his own stories, so I can't help but shake my head at the the "WhEn wIlL hE FiGhT sPiDer-MaAaAaAaAnNnNnnnn?!?!?" broken record.
I mean that'd be fine if Sony's Venom was anything more than "Hey we're human/alien buddies who eats bad guys and cracks jokes 24/7."

You can blame all the dumb decisions on avi arad. How that idiot is still hired by Sony after almost destroying the brand baffles my mind .
I seem to recall him saying he didn’t want Spider-Man in the mcu and if he was it would be a last resort. Idiot .

https://www.newsweek.com/spider-man-rumors-avi-arad-no-way-home-marvel-1584650?amp=1
It may make more sense how he is still with sony if you check out his bio on wikipedia, I had no clue how successful he has been.

I do disagree with the direction they have went with venom though, comics and film invluded. Now he is a bit of a goofy anti-hero.

It may make more sense how he is still with sony if you check out his bio on wikipedia, I had no clue how successful he has been.

I do disagree with the direction they have went with venom though, comics and film invluded. Now he is a bit of a goofy anti-hero.
Yea. He did technically save marvel but his decision making and idiotic anger towards feige is silly.

Those emails were ridiculous. Some of the stupidest decisions I’ve seen from a studio.
Aunt may the movie. Wow.

Jeez a lot of back and forth since I've checked the thread. Lol it's funny Sony has dropped the ball with Spidey in recent times. I hope this film will be good, and It won't be bad but I do wish MCU handled Venom and Carnage in their films just because a Maximum Carnage film would have been the greatest thing ever done as the entire cast was already there for that story so it does make you think what could have been.

Maximum Carnage would be a great event film. But I am betting Carnage is another one and done.

242217097_10158235562677344_7776209170901829891_n.jpg

View attachment 539097
Hot Toys have teased an image of Carnage already, so he'll get made.......:)

As hot toys just started shipping Venom, i'm certain they'll also make Carnage to go along side Venom........:)

This week would be the perfect time to announce him, PLEASE HOT TOYS PLEEAASSEE!!

Back