1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO | X-Men - Magneto Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here comes another legendary mutant action figure from HONŌ STUDIO! Rise from the X-Men comic book series, the Magneto figure features a helmeted head, interchangeable hands and attachable color effects for power display with signature comic cover style backdrop!
This 1/6th scale figure’s outfit is a combination of sharp red and different hues of metallic purple, embedded with detail elements. Gesture hands are equipped with a magnetic mechanism, allowing them to hold small metal accessories. Designed to showcase Magneto’s iconic style in various poses, the figure comes with enhanced articulation.
From his facial expression to his classic costume, no detail has been overlooked!
Specifications
– Product Code: HS02
– Product Name: Magneto
– Height: approximately 32 cm
– Points of Articulations: 26
– Special Features: Distinctive costume features including pattern and coloring is carefully designed to recreate Magneto’s iconic appearance
– Product Release Date: Approximately Q4, 2024

Figure Specification:
• Height: approximately 32 cm
• Points of Articulation: 26
• Scale: 1/6th scale

Special features:
• Distinctive costume features including pattern and coloring is carefully designed to recreate Magneto’s iconic appearance
• Signature red and metallic purple costume with wired cape
• Magneto’s helmeted head
• Specialized body
• Fist (1 pair)
• Hand with magnetic feature (1 pair)
• Swirl-shaped magnetism accessory (1 set)
• Comic cover fitting figure stand (1 set)
1710500627282.jpeg

1710500642460.jpeg

1710500663131.jpeg

1710500681161.jpeg

1710500698424.jpeg

1710500718657.jpeg

1710500732673.jpeg

1710500748575.jpeg

1710500768802.jpeg

1710500794908.jpeg

1710500813905.jpeg

1710500829347.jpeg

1710500843629.jpeg

1710500860259.jpeg

1710500913583.jpeg

Last edited:
Dog ****! I'll stick with the Mondo line.

Cloth undies, does this mean they might update Wolverine or just run with the inconsistency?

Dog ****! I'll stick with the Mondo line.

Cloth undies, does this mean they might update Wolverine or just run with the inconsistency?
That's what I have been thinking the moment I saw those undoooooos

While HONO Wolverine was an instant purchase for me, I have mixed feelings towards Magneto. I know Hot Toys is trying to keep the costs down for this line, I would have liked to see an unhelmeted sculpt.
Trying to decide if I like this or the Present Toys version better:
1710503284795.jpeg

Soosoo has also posted that they will make a version but I am sure that will take forever to get released. On the other hand, it is still nice to get a licensed version.

All that being said, I am sure once HONO offers comic Thor, that will be an instant preorder for me. Hopefully it will be offered soon.

What is Entry Grade?

I actually like Soosoo better for Magento.

I also hate the lines in the costume.

Also Wolverine and magneto seem to be the same height? Just wondering as the photo has wondering knees bent...

The Hono Magneto is comic accurate and the proportions seem pretty spot on, but the darker shading and texturing on PT version makes it look less “toyish.” Hono’s fabric bodysuit and underoos have a bit of a Mego vibe. SooSoo still has yet to reveal their version.

Maybe “entry grade” is the basic version and there will be another version with an unhelmeted portrait and a few other accessories.

Last edited:
The Hono Magneto is comic accurate and the proportions seem pretty spot on, but the darker shading and texturing on PT version makes it look less “toyish.” Hono’s fabric bodysuit and underoos have a bit of a Mego vibe. SooSoo still has yet to reveal their version.

Maybe “entry grade” is the basic version and there will be another version with an unhelmeted portrait and a few other accessories.
HONO Wolverine was also listed as entry grade and there was only one version so I seriously doubt there will be a deluxe grade for Magneto. I am pretty sure entry grade just refers to the low pricing.

While HONO Wolverine was an instant purchase for me, I have mixed feelings towards Magneto. I know Hot Toys is trying to keep the costs down for this line, I would have liked to see an unhelmeted sculpt.
Trying to decide if I like this or the Present Toys version better:
View attachment 693407
Soosoo has also posted that they will make a version but I am sure that will take forever to get released. On the other hand, it is still nice to get a licensed version.

All that being said, I am sure once HONO offers comic Thor, that will be an instant preorder for me. Hopefully it will be offered soon.
`I went with the Present deluxe version, with the Sentinel hand throne. Very cool to me!

Beside the ugly boxer pants..
Why every 1/6 magneto looks scrawny, or I am the only one who prefer magneto should be ripped 😂, only mafex and ML get this right but they're not 1/6...

While I agree with everyone that this could be better, I'm probably gonna buy it. For the cost, I doubt anything will be close to comparable to the quality of this. The lines on the pants, though. . .the goddamn lines on the pants. . .damn you straight to hell, Hot Toys.

I dislike the head not having white eyes. Magneto with a gritted teeth expression needs white eyes. A neutral face should have normal eyes though.

What’s odd is that teaser was of a loose helmet and yet the final figure doesn’t appear to have a removable helmet? They set collectors up for disappointment there. I may even cancel Wolverine now with this one hit wonder line. Severely disappointed with Magneto. Not often Sideshow does it better than Hot Toys.

Ya know, if I didn’t already have the Sideshow version I’d get the HONÕ version. As flimsy as the SS body is (and that belt, good grief) it cuts a more imposing silhouette, more “stoic”, I suppose. There are things I like about this over Sideshow’s and vice versa.
IMG_2102.jpeg
-The Present Toys version is cool, but I guess there’s a trade off of “panel lines vs weird chest detail”. The unhelmeted sculpt looks like Nick Nolte on Day 3 of a 4 Day Bender.

-Does anyone have this one from back in the day 😄? It might be a dinosaur compared to today’s figures but a pretty good effort from Medicom.
IMG_2104.jpeg
Hmm, I guess it really comes down to who’s purple undies and panel lines you like the most.

Last edited:
Why are the underwear so rectangular. Even the art that he’s displayed with shows Lee’s use of triangular briefs

Was thinking of replacing the Sideshow with this as I thought it was going to be better, but looks like I'll just keep the Sideshow.

I dislike the head not having white eyes. Magneto with a gritted teeth expression needs white eyes. A neutral face should have normal eyes though.
Do you know the origin of the white eyes look? First thing I can think of was the X-Men #1 from the early '90s, but I don't recall his eyes ever being white in the old days when I was really into the comics. Storm periodically had white eyes going back to Byrne, at least.

-Does anyone have this one from back in the day 😄? It might be a dinosaur compared to today’s figures but a pretty good effort from Medicom.
View attachment 693414
Hmm, I guess it really comes down to who’s purple undies and panel lines you like the most.
I had some other RAH figures, including Spidey and Punisher. I've been critical of that company for a long time, but I like what they were trying to do. HT has the capability to put out something truly awesome, but makes crazy design and accessory decisions. Medicom had the style I want down exactly (they were trying to do Mike Zeck-style Punisher!) but they lacked the ability or wherewithal to do it well. The proportions were all off, the bodies were incredibly cheap and frail, the paintwork was mediocre at best.

Back