1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having played the game now (it's very good, a nice take on a few classic storylines with some tweaks and nice nods to things to come) I do think Hot Toys have slightly overdone the size. Not massively so, but just enough to notice it.

Obviously posing it with the correct hunch and bent knee stance will make all the difference.

Still probably a pre-order. Probably.
It will be a pre-order.

Having played the game now (it's very good, a nice take on a few classic storylines with some tweaks and nice nods to things to come) I do think Hot Toys have slightly overdone the size. Not massively so, but just enough to notice it.

Obviously posing it with the correct hunch and bent knee stance will make all the difference.

It will be a pre-order.
I just finished the game. I know it’s not possible but the figure just doesn’t capture how alien and unnatural he looks, the way his mouth and face etc. is always shifting. He looks off as a static piece.

The body proportions don’t look quite accurate either.

I just finished the game. I know it’s not possible but the figure just doesn’t capture how alien and unnatural he looks, the way his mouth and face etc. is always shifting. He looks off as a static piece.

The body proportions don’t look quite accurate either.
Then pass on it. I think it looks great. Best venom figure yet!

It will be a pre-order.
I think they nailed the size but again, Venom is never standing up right like he's getting examined at the local doctor office for a check up.

He's never really standing like this in the game:
mAwrUJc.png

He's usually always hunched forward, legs and knees bent, closer to what you see on display at Echo Base and in some of the prototype photos. They have the height right but if you're gonna display him standing up like a mannequin, it's gonna look off compared to how he came across in the game. Proportions also looks correct to me. He has really weird and skinning looking legs to hip ratio in the game as well. Honestly, I think Hot Toys did a better job by making the hip portion wider.

5622b657172d3b4917f0b2c801df5879.png

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I think they nailed the size but again, Venom is never standing up right like he's getting examined at the local doctor office for a check up.

He's never really standing like this in the game:
mAwrUJc.png

He's usually always hunched forward, legs and knees bent, closer to what you see on display at Echo Base and in some of the prototype photos. They have the height right but if you're gonna display him standing up like a mannequin, it's gonna look off compared to how he came across in the game. Proportions also looks correct to me. He has really weird and skinning looking legs to hip ratio in the game as well. Honestly, I think Hot Toys did a better job by making the hip portion wider.

5622b657172d3b4917f0b2c801df5879.png

IMG_4274.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:
Sadly no. And tbh. I don’t like that at all. I feel like the story was decent at best and the people behind this game just saw venom as “big scary monster” than an actual villain who can think. Yea we got the white spider but at what cost?

So... Anyone who have played the game, why is Venom that big?
Boss fights.

The characterisation also just sucks in this game. It’s not Venom at all apart from being a black symbiote.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Boss fights.

The characterisation also just sucks in this game. It’s not Venom at all apart from being a black symbiote.
Spoiler Spoiler:
pretty much this. As soon as they said Eddie Brock wasn't going to be Venom that was a huge red flag. He was pretty much a Xenomorph in this game. The 3rd act just fell flat imo.

pretty much this. As soon as they said Eddie Brock wasn't going to be Venom that was a huge red flag. He was pretty much a Xenomorph in this game. The 3rd act just fell flat imo.
I don't care about it not being Eddie Brock, I think it being who it is opens up more potential for a bitter rivalry. But they just didn't pull it off at all.

Between the Venom details, and the side mission nonsense with Miles I'm hearing about, I'm not in any rush to buy it now. Certainly not dishing out $70. I'll get it under $30 next holiday season.

If I feel like swinging around I'll just play the first one.

Between the Venom details, and the side mission nonsense with Miles I'm hearing about, I'm not in any rush to buy it now. Certainly not dishing out $70. I'll get it under $30 next holiday season.

What nonsense? Most of the side missions in this game are better than the main story.

Just get it. Yeah there's some woke crap with Miles side missions but thats it. Otherwise great game!

Back