threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your probably right on release timeframe. I bet most likely upper echelon characters for release but wish we could get some others too. alot of unique character's with no parts for customization yet.
Actually, there are plenty of items out there for customizing your own Joes and Co's (Cobras)! I've been doing it for a while, ever since SS dropped out of the license. I shifted more towards the superhero realm in the last few years but I have been gathering the items for my G.I. Joe characters and mostly have what I need for every figure that I'm looking to craft:

Torpedo, Dial-Tone, Grunt, Mainframe, Airborne (bet many of you would like to see this one!), Zap, Clutch, Wild Bill, Ripcord, Low-Light, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Cover Girl (I have what I need but looking to see if ThreeZero produces the first 2 ladies first), Eel, Copperhead, Snow Serpent to name the ones I can think of top of my dome.

Already completed: Footloose, Tunnel Rat (mostly and sans the face paint which I'll get to eventually), Hit & Run, Alpine, Snow Job (I'll probably upgrade the head), Recondo.

Firefly has arrived and I have to say that you guys were absolutely right about him. Even up to opening the box I was having my doubts. Once I got him out of the package though, I became thoroughly impressed about the amount of detail and care that went into him, yet as the same time, a little saddened wishing that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow had been shown the same amount of care.

Still trying to decide on the type of display stands to get for these figures, but will eventually come up with a few ideas as we get more characters.

Last edited:
The quality of the outfit blows away Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow for sure. Firefly has the classic figure look and I really like his accessories. I have the camo Storm Shadow and like him better than Snake Eyes so hopefully each figure keeps getting better. Really glad your happy with him. I want to do some kind of diorama display for the Joes but haven't figured out exactly what yet.

Some pics I found on ToyArk of Destro and Cobra Commander from NY ToyFair

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

Destro is awesome, but I'm still concerned about some of that jumpsuit cracking apart later.

Destro is awesome, but I'm still concerned about some of that jumpsuit cracking apart later.
It more than likely won't crack for a very long time. Given everything I put the Snake Eyes shirt through (which has the same screenprinted tech Destro's shirt has), it's pretty darn durable.

Last edited:
Hello all, I’m hoping someone who owns the firefly figure can help!

I’ve just purchased the loose trousers from Toy Anxiety (finally!!) for a kitbash, and the listing said that the belt and pouches are glued onto the pants, but the wording has left me feeling a little unclear.

The belt/pouches aren’t actually glued to the fabric of the trousers, are they? Because this will cause problems.

If the belt is just one piece and TA means to remove it I have to cut into the belt - that’s fine. My logic gained from all these years collecting tells me this is the case but you never know these things!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello all, I’m hoping someone who owns the firefly figure can help!

I’ve just purchased the loose trousers from Toy Anxiety (finally!!) for a kitbash, and the listing said that the belt and pouches are glued onto the pants, but the wording has left me feeling a little unclear.

The belt/pouches aren’t actually glued to the fabric of the trousers, are they? Because this will cause problems.

If the belt is just one piece and TA means to remove it I have to cut into the belt - that’s fine. My logic gained from all these years collecting tells me this is the case but you never know these things!

Thanks in advance for any help.
You’re correct in your assumption. The belt isn’t glued to the pants, but it’s a vinyl/soft plastic belt that’s more than likely glued together at the buckle. So, you’ll be able to cut it off if you don’t need it 👍🏼

You’re correct in your assumption. The belt isn’t glued to the pants, but it’s a vinyl/soft plastic belt that’s more than likely glued together at the buckle. So, you’ll be able to cut it off if you don’t need it 👍🏼
Thank you very much my friend 👍🏼

The trousers are being used on a custom punisher figure, my interpretation of the marvel legends 80th anniversary punisher figure at 1:6 scale.

I know we are getting Destro and Cobra Commander but is there any word on what is next after them. I have collector buddies that are chomping at the bit for more Joes but I kinda would love to see Zartan and Major Bludd and more Cobra characters which were always my favorite designs.

When the line was announced, 3Z said that Baroness, Duke, Lady Jaye and Scarlett were also in the pipeline. I'm thinking they'll reveal Baroness and one of the Joe ladies next. It usually seems to take 3z a year for each wave to be shown and we're about due for another wave so hope we get some news very soon. Zartan would be great, I agree

Just picked up a couple extra Firefly bodies. Going to swap them out for my Camo Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes bodies. Which will definitely fix the issues at the elbows on both of them.

Just picked up a couple extra Firefly bodies. Going to swap them out for my Camo Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes bodies. Which will definitely fix the issues at the elbows on both of them.
The pants for Snake Eyes won’t close on the Firefly body due to how much more narrow the waist is on the Snake Eyes body vs the Firefly/DamToys body. Ankle ball joints on the Firefly body are also bigger than those on the Snake Eyes so they won’t fit into sockets on the feet. You also will have to use the wrist joints specifically for that Firefly body as the Snake Eyes ones won’t fit into the arms of the Firefly body without modification to the diameter of opening. I’ve tried so many different bodies and it was never just an easy swap with this guy unfortunately

The pants for Snake Eyes won’t close on the Firefly body due to how much more narrow the waist is on the Snake Eyes body vs the Firefly/DamToys body. Ankle ball joints on the Firefly body are also bigger than those on the Snake Eyes so they won’t fit into sockets on the feet. You also will have to use the wrist joints specifically for that Firefly body as the Snake Eyes ones won’t fit into the arms of the Firefly body without modification to the diameter of opening. I’ve tried so many different bodies and it was never just an easy swap with this guy unfortunately
Do you know if it’s a good substitute for the Camo Storm Shadow?

Do you know if it’s a good substitute for the Camo Storm Shadow?
So the thing about the Storm Shadow body is that under the rubber torso, there’s not really a full body under there, but the inner joints; so, I’m not sure if the rubber torso will fit over the Firefly body. The neck is also kind of long so I’m not sure if the Firefly body has a long enough neck to match. It will also have the same feet problem that that I mentioned previously

Last edited:
Scarlett would be cool considering SSC never made one

For the love of all that is good and holy, will they just make some army builders already.

Cobra Vipers, BATs and Snow Serpents.

My take has always been the same. I'm grateful for whatever is released. However it's always more helpful with GI Joe RAH, if we see things that are much harder to build on our own. All of us can build a Rock And Roll with various parts over the years. It would drive me nuts to try to build a Snow Serpent however.

But that's just me.

For the love of all that is good and holy, will they just make some army builders already.

Cobra Vipers, BATs and Snow Serpents.

My take has always been the same. I'm grateful for whatever is released. However it's always more helpful with GI Joe RAH, if we see things that are much harder to build on our own. All of us can build a Rock And Roll with various parts over the years. It would drive me nuts to try to build a Snow Serpent however.

But that's just me.
But again, I've said this before, what Sideshow did in the Joe line has nothing to do with 3Z's bottom line. 3Z paid for the license so they'll release heavy hitters first which will sell and help pay for the license. Once they see people support the line, they'll get into secondary characters. In business, they're not going to say "let's relase a rando character Sideshow didn't do..." That's not going to happen. If we want more characters, support the line but I understand and hear your frustration. Me? I REALLY want a new Baroness 1/6 and one that tops Sideshow's. We have better sculpting and figure technology these days. Can't wait for my 3Z Destro and Commander to arrive :)

Back