threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather have Mutt & Junkyard, Quick Kick, Snow Job etc....I'm so tired of companies doing the same characters over and over. There is more to GI Joe than Duke, Snake eyes, and Roadblock
Mutt and Junkyard are my favorite Joes and I would love them in 1/6th scale. I am glad the classified line by hasbro has them coming out though. I never got Destro or Cobra Commander by Sideshow so three zero doing them is great for me to pick them up. I only have Flint and Original Storm Shadow and both Snake Eyes from Sideshow.

Then you have Cobra Commander with his 3 accessories (pistol, knife, cobra cane) and cape if you want to include it.

Not saying it’s a bad release as I will probably buy it. But one more gun, specifically his laser gun, wouldn’t have broken the bank. Thankfully, I have spare from the first Sideshow release, but, from a value standpoint, I’m a bit disappointed.

1_a853369c8618888c0a959d652281d843.jpg

I've always wanted to see a 1/6th MASS device. Hear me out on this one. Each 1/6th figure in a wave comes with one of the "elements" and the fill for it and the box and tube. The core of the device would be cardboard / cut fold and paste. But some flat "panels" for the displays/controls/etc and a few outer "slats" would be in molded plastic that you could add onto the "core" Again, spread out across different figures in the line.

And the main "cannon" section would be packaged with Cobra Commander, or some other "light on accessories" figure like a Chuckles or Quick Kick, etc, etc.

I've always been big on how far you could go with Cut/Fold/Paste kind of stuff in this hobby, but I get that others might not vibe on that lack of detail.

I'd rather have Mutt & Junkyard, Quick Kick, Snow Job etc....I'm so tired of companies doing the same characters over and over. There is more to GI Joe than Duke, Snake eyes, and Roadblock

Part of the production pathway is "variations" potential. You can reboot Snake Eyes 2-3 times and keep reusing a lot of his same gear. Someone like Cobra Commander and Roadblock have more than one "iconic" look. The further RAH gets from it's 80's roots, the more that non core characters will lose their ability to stay in a basic frame of reference. Lots of non 80's folks can identify The Rock playing Roadblock. But how many would know Snow Job? But, yes, I agree, I'd like to see more range in the kind of 1/6th Joes coming out for sure.

Personally, my preference is for RAH that is impossible to customize. Most people can make a pretty good Chuckles right now, cobbling together parts from different brands. However it would be a huge PITA to try to custom build the three main Dreadnoks. I can use 20+ years worth of military parts to form some kind of Beachhead, but there is no way I could make a BAT from ground zero. Doc? Get one of those DID Obama heads and find a tan flightsuit, etc, etc. But how can the average person make a Sci-Fi?

I desperately coveted Quick Kick as a kid. But despite that, I'm not sure a 1/6th version would sell that well ( No shoes, no shirt, requires a new body type, basically close to no accessories, etc, etc)

Just some thoughts

Last edited:
I finally broke down and got Firefly. Won an eBay auction for about $145 shipped, so not too bad. Looking forward to seeing what he's like in hand since many say he's the best one so far.

Justin did a walkthrough of 3Z office and looks like another Snake Eyes could be on the way. Unfortunately for me, it’s not a commando version. I do like the look though and makes me wonder if they’ll have a Storm Shadow to go with this version. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t

I will say, I believe the wording was “this hasn’t been released” by the interviewee. Not sure if they mean it won’t be released for mass production or not. It’s such a departure from the current style they’re going with that it does seem like an odd release should they go through with it
IMG_0562.png

IMG_0556.jpeg

Last edited:
Justin did a walkthrough of 3Z office and looks like another Snake Eyes could be on the way. Unfortunately for me, it’s not a commando version. I do like the look though and makes me wonder if they’ll have a Storm Shadow to go with this version. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t

I will say, I believe the wording was “this hasn’t been released” by the interviewee. Not sure if they means it won’t be released for mass production or not. It’s such a departure from the current style they’re going with that it does seem like an odd release should they go through with it
View attachment 668019
View attachment 668018
Commando look for Snake Eyes is my favorite too. I still have the sideshow version on Display with Timber and think it holds up very well. I did did a tactical sweater for him though to replicate the original hasbro figure though. The Destro and Cobra Commander figures look great and I will pick them up to. Really want a Mutt and Junkyard in this scale as well. That Snake Eyes in the picture looks like something from the Devil's Due comics in the early 2000's. Not something I would get but interesting look.

What fell over this time?
I did find it funny that he told the 3Z rep “oh I see you included stands.” Maybe I took it the way I wanted to, but sorta sounded like a dig at 3Z for never including stands with their figures.
Commando look for Snake Eyes is my favorite too. I still have the sideshow version on Display with Timber and think it holds up very well. I did did a tactical sweater for him though to replicate the original hasbro figure though. The Destro and Cobra Commander figures look great and I will pick them up to. Really want a Mutt and Junkyard in this scale as well. That Snake Eyes in the picture looks like something from the Devil's Due comics in the early 2000's. Not something I would get but interesting look.
Yup still have my Sidehshow V2 as well but never did the swap to a more accurate tactical sweater. I did update the body to a Frankenstein of the 3Z snake eyes body but with the sideshow arms. I had to make new shoulder hinge joints which was a pita, but I like the end result. Fills out the clothing more and the body isn’t floppy like the one from Sideshow was.

Hopefully 3z go deeper with this like they have with other lines, so you can get a Mutt and Junkyard. Though, at their current pace, it could many years before we each see our favorites get made.

Last edited:
I like that Justin is doing more of the office tours. Kinda cool to see. Would have liked seeing Power Rangers stuff personally.

I did find it funny that he told the 3Z rep “oh I see you included stands.” Maybe I took it the way I wanted to, but sorta sounded like a dig at 3Z for never including stands with their figures.

His tone can make it sound like he’s taking a dig at everything so there’s that.

Yup still have my Sidehshow V2 as well but never did the swap to a more accurate tactical sweater. I did update the body to a Frankenstein of the 3Z snake eyes body but with the sideshow arms. I had to make new shoulder hinge joints which was a pita, but I like the end result. Fills out the clothing more and the body isn’t floppy like the one from Sideshow was.

Hopefully 3z go deeper with this like they have with other lines, so you can get a Mutt and Junkyard. Though, at their current pace, it could many years before we each see our favorites get made.
The arms on the version 2 Snake eyes are really good. The body was too floppy as usual but overall so much better than the original joe bodies. I think your right about the time frame with threezero. I hope they can pick up the pace and get to some more Joes that we never got from sideshow.

The arms on the version 2 Snake eyes are really good. The body was too floppy as usual but overall so much better than the original joe bodies. I think your right about the time frame with threezero. I hope they can pick up the pace and get to some more Joes that we never got from sideshow.
I think they've shown us their pace and premise. You will only see the upper echelon of what they think will sell. That means no Mutt and Junkyard, no Mainframe. And, you'll be lucky if you get 2 figures per year.

I think they've shown us their pace and premise. You will only see the upper echelon of what they think will sell. That means no Mutt and Junkyard, no Mainframe. And, you'll be lucky if you get 2 figures per year.
Your probably right on release timeframe. I bet most likely upper echelon characters for release but wish we could get some others too. alot of unique character's with no parts for customization yet.

Back