threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking all the different requests for figures from you guys. Maybe TZ can do Destro, Baroness, CC, Firefly, Zartan to do the main Cobras and then maybe Bludd, Tomax and Xamot. I like the list of the Joes I read too. Bottom line, gotta support the line and as long as they look great and not cheap, I'm all in. Just when I thought I was out of 1/6... they pull me back lol. Maybe a Cobra weapons base diorama would be great too. I'm all in on Cobra, depending on Design and for the Joes, I'd buy a Duke, Scarlett, and Lady J and Flint. Roadblock should have been a half inch taller and a bit less plastic imo but we'll see what they give us. Hopefully Lady J and Baroness will be coming up soon

I'm liking all the different requests for figures from you guys. Maybe TZ can do Destro, Baroness, CC, Firefly, Zartan to do the main Cobras and then maybe Bludd, Tomax and Xamot. I like the list of the Joes I read too. Bottom line, gotta support the line and as long as they look great and not cheap, I'm all in. Just when I thought I was out of 1/6... they pull me back lol. Maybe a Cobra weapons base diorama would be great too. I'm all in on Cobra, depending on Design and for the Joes, I'd buy a Duke, Scarlett, and Lady J and Flint. Roadblock should have been a half inch taller and a bit less plastic imo but we'll see what they give us. Hopefully Lady J and Baroness will be coming up soon
--

You and a couple of others mentioned "supporting the line".

IIRC, that same line was said by others during the time when Sideshow had the license and produced figures we're all familiar with.

I own multiples of every figure Sideshow produced including all of the 1:6 diorama environments.

I didn't do it to "support the line". I did because I liked what was produced during that period. There is not a figure from that period that I didn't like, but at the same time there are some that could have been done better. I'll leave it at that.

I prefer not to use the term "supporting the line" because it comes across as blind loyalty/we're conditioned/forced to buy. Of course, that's not the case.

As long as 3Z remains consistent and improves/innovate what's being produced final production design and quality wise, I'll buy what I like.

"IF" there is a figure that truly sucks, then I will not buy. So far, the only figure from the current line I passed on is the BBTS exclusive Deadgame Snake Eyes aka Dead Eyes aka Snake Pool. Maybe I'll get it just to be a "completist". Maybe not. For now, I'll pass on that one.

I'm just one that would like to see a 1/6 recreation of the vintage figures to a T.

Overall Roadblock is nice. The vest looks like a molded hunk of plastic though and the body could be more beefy.

Firefly, looks like the ones we all kitbashed from 21c swat outfits a decade ago.

And the horrid kneepads on them both! Lucky those can be left off. Unless someone actually likes them . . .

Still nice to see that someone is making affordable 1/6 Joe figures that resemble their vintage counterparts. I would get them both, but HT Classic Spidey is the final 1/6 purchase for me and the first since HT JL Supes shipped.

I do like what Mezco is doing with the 1/12 line, but that looks dead now.

--

You and a couple of others mentioned "supporting the line".

IIRC, that same line was said by others during the time when Sideshow had the license and produced figures we're all familiar with.

I own multiples of every figure Sideshow produced including all of the 1:6 diorama environments.

I didn't do it to "support the line". I did because I liked what was produced during that period. There is not a figure from that period that I didn't like, but at the same time there are some that could have been done better. I'll leave it at that.

I prefer not to use the term "supporting the line" because it comes across as blind loyalty/we're conditioned/forced to buy. Of course, that's not the case.

As long as 3Z remains consistent and improves/innovate what's being produced final production design and quality wise, I'll buy what I like.

"IF" there is a figure that truly sucks, then I will not buy. So far, the only figure from the current line I passed on is the BBTS exclusive Deadgame Snake Eyes aka Dead Eyes aka Snake Pool. Maybe I'll get it just to be a "completist". Maybe not. For now, I'll pass on that one.
Valid points. Lol don't get it twisted though. Firefly is the first one from TZ that I think looks awesome. I'm underwhelmed by Road Block and his cheapish-looking headsculpt and vest. Also not a fan of the plastic chest they've used on Storm Shadow, although there is still much to like about him including the awesome headsculpt and seamless arms. TZ Firefly I'm definitely buying on PO day but if the others look cheap or too plastic, I'm out and Firefly will be a stand alone. He's definitely an upgrade from Sideshow's Firefly.

I think the Nomad 1/6 figure by Pure Arts looks absolutely incredible and I hope TZ does sculpts more like that for the Joes and makes them more lifelike. This line might be hit and miss, but for the awesome ones, I'm all in. Baroness needs to look better than Sideshow's and I'm already concerned about how they'll pull off quality looking glasses. Sideshow's were perfect on her. Also, a new chrome Commander could be incredible if done well. We shall see...

Last edited:
I'm just one that would like to see a 1/6 recreation of the vintage figures to a T.

Overall Roadblock is nice. The vest looks like a molded hunk of plastic though and the body could be more beefy.

Firefly, looks like the ones we all kitbashed from 21c swat outfits a decade ago.

And the horrid kneepads on them both! Lucky those can be left off. Unless someone actually likes them . . .

Still nice to see that someone is making affordable 1/6 Joe figures that resemble their vintage counterparts. I would get them both, but HT Classic Spidey is the final 1/6 purchase for me and the first since HT JL Supes shipped.

I do like what Mezco is doing with the 1/12 line, but that looks dead now.
Glad to see you back if even only for a little bit and if anyone can point out the flaws, it's you. I've been pretty gone from collecting but this line pulled me back in. Hopefully TZ gives us some awesome surprises as I love the work they did with Firefly. Fingers crossed they keep up the quality work. I'm also loving the Super 7 Joe line too

I'm hoping Destro and Baroness and Scarlett and Lady Jaye are just as awesome as Firefly or even better. Can't wait to see the next figures in the line and I POd today too

Given how Roadblock is based on his 1986 V2 design, I hope 3Z is considering the following characters from that year.

COBRA B.A.T.
Dialtone
Lifeline
Low-Light
Mainframe
Sci-Fi
Sgt. Slaughter *

* = Not likely due to likeness/name rights.

--

Yep.

Got my pre-order in for Firefly and Roadblock.

Thus, the waiting game now along with pre-ordering additional new figures when announced and up for pre-order.
Mine also in the hopper.

Shifting my side-creations away from the Joes and Co's that are likely to come from this line and hone-in on ones that I think they won't do.

Mine also in the hopper.

Shifting my side-creations away from the Joes and Co's that are likely to come from this line and hone-in on ones that I think they won't do.
--

You mean those hideous day glow/neon colored Battle Corps figures from the early 90s?

God forbid. If 3Z actually makes any figures from that period, I'll stop buying whatever they produce based on principle alone.

With that said, which characters do you believe will most definitely not get the 1:6 treatment?

--

You mean those hideous day glow/neon colored Battle Corps figures from the early 90s?

God forbid. If 3Z actually makes any figures from that period, I'll stop buying whatever they produce based on principle alone.

With that said, which characters do you believe will most definitely not get the 1:6 treatment?
Ohhh, the least-sellable (not to us, but to the general masses and lack of modern military use); mostly on the Joes side: Tripwire, Blowtorch, Grunt, Flash, Short-Fuse, Mainframe, Dial-Tone, Shipwreck.

Ohhh, the least-sellable (not to us, but to the general masses and lack of modern military use); mostly on the Joes side: Tripwire, Blowtorch, Grunt, Flash, Short-Fuse, Mainframe, Dial-Tone, Shipwreck.
--

And on this day is when I added KitbashOfficer to my IGNORE list at Collector Freaks making him the 100th ignored member.

;) :p

--

The characters you mentioned (your rationale not withstanding) are what I consider "guilty pleasure" favorite secondary and tertiary characters.

d4d-gif.570262
--

;)

View attachment 570262
Shipwreck aka Hector X. Delgado
He could be a hard sell, they might want to add a peacoat, and alternate knit cap look.
7lqpwm.gif

7lqp73.gif
7lqqeg.gif

7lqozh.gif

Last edited:
Back