The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like Pharaoh said, I loved the game and the characters, but unlike other games it sadly doesn't have that much love in the collecting community, the VTS Kara announcement is pretty much dead in the water wherever you look, I'm personally happy we got to work on Connor and Nines as he was my favorite character and is the one that has the biggest following but when it comes to making others, it's too much of a risk, we're a third party after all.

Yeah, I guess you know the market better than most would.

I'm not much a betting man, but I'd be very willing to bet that a Sadie figure would sell real well, especially with how popular a character she became. John would also obviously be a hit, but personally, I'd be more eager to get a RDR2 version of him so I could pair him with his friend Arthur.

Doing a RDR2 version of John Marston after all this time is a huge slap in the face.

It would be like when Hot Toys did Metal Gear figures and made Snake from Peace Walker and not the Sneaking Suit version.

And Sadie would not sell well at all, unless she came dressed in a bikini.

I really liked Sadie but I dont see her selling well due to her not being very pivotal until near the end of RDR2. Im not even sure Dutch would sell well. RDR1 John however $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to RDR1 not being on PC, I never got to be that familiar with John as he was. I'm more familiar with him now though as I skipped story mode in order just to free roam round the map, it was always the open world aspect that appealed to me the most. It seems that, if you want to do it in RDR2, you pretty much can. That said, as the main bulk of the game is devoted to Arthur, I can see why he would sell way more over John.

While Hollywood continues to dominate, the lions share of any merchandising market will always go their way, be it via cinema or streaming. Gaming is niche by comparison and companies have to go where the money is.

Easily one of the worst takes I've seen on these boards.

You have to look at what's selling in the market.

Just because Sadie is the fourth most popular character in RDR2 doesn't mean she's going to sell well.

The reality is, even if the figure is the spitting image of the game, and has impeccable tailoring with real metal guns and real leather cowboy boots, it won't sell that well, because it's still not a recognizable character to the majority of sixth-scale collectors. Secondly, the people that collect female figures won't buy it unless it has rooted hair, and Sadie's hairstyle doesn't lend itself to rooted hair. Thirdly, the people that buy female figures because they're sexy won't buy it because, as I alluded to, Sadie wears normal attire.

And fourthly, if we even need a fourthly to count why Sadie would be a tough sell ... look at the number of Western, or cowboy figures that have been released in the last 10 years. I don't even need more than one hand. Cowboys are not a popular niche in sixth scale.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of the Western genre. But I understand that I'm a small minority in this market. Just because I love cowboys doesn't mean I think they'd be hot sellers.

Just because Sadie is the fourth most popular character in RDR2 doesn't mean she's going to sell well.

It's almost like you don't want a figure of Sadie made - you're literally listing every reason in the book why LIMToys shouldn't pursue a figure where a representative from the company roams the thread. Seems like self sabotage as a fan of westerns if you want more gunslingers.

The reality is, even if the figure is the spitting image of the game, and has impeccable tailoring with real metal guns and real leather cowboy boots, it won't sell that well, because it's still not a recognizable character to the majority of sixth-scale collectors.

They're not looking to mass produce these. They're a third party, they aren't making thousands of these figures like Hot Toys does. Asmus makes limited runs of many of their figures in the Lord of the Rings line. 500, 1000, etc. You're telling me LIMToys wouldn't sell 1,000 Sadie figures if they were made correctly? Rockstar has a dedicated following with their games and Red Dead 2 has a huge fan following, there'd absolutely be fans buying these figures up, of any character.

Secondly, the people that collect female figures won't buy it unless it has rooted hair, and Sadie's hairstyle doesn't lend itself to rooted hair.

There are plenty of people who prefer sculpted hair to rooted. I am one of them. SW Toys Lara Croft has sculpted hair. Looks just fine to me. Same with Captain Marvel. And on top of that, Sadie's hair is a braid, just like Black Widow from Endgame, and most people think that figure is the best recreation of Natasha that's been made.

Thirdly, the people that buy female figures because they're sexy won't buy it because, as I alluded to, Sadie wears normal attire.

This point is outright stupid. People buy these figures because they like the character. They're not buying it because of what clothes they're wearing. How many versions of Leia has Hot Toys done that have all sold out? Zero sexy outfits. SW Toys did two version of Lara Croft with a third on the way, and this is not a sexy version of Lara. Eowyn, despite being a terrible headsculpt, sold out. So did Galadriel and Arwen. They are most definitely not sexy characters. Sure, Wonder Woman and the Scarlet Witch are, but people purchase these for the character, not the sex appeal. Especially not in this day in age.

And fourthly, if we even need a fourthly to count why Sadie would be a tough sell ... look at the number of Western, or cowboy figures that have been released in the last 10 years. I don't even need more than one hand. Cowboys are not a popular niche in sixth scale.

It doesn't matter. People aren't looking to buy cowboy figures here. They're looking to buy figures of characters they love. There's always been a demand for more Pirates of the Caribbean figures from Hot Toys. I've seen plenty of people say they want a figure of Barbosa or Will Turner. It's not because they like pirates. It's because they like the characters. People don't buy figures of hitmen just to collect hitmen...but John Wick got a second run, because people love the character.

Arthur, John, Sadie and Charles are beloved characters from Red Dead 2. People like Dutch because he's charismatic, even if he's a bastard by the end of it. Maybe there's no figures of Clint Eastwood or John Wayne out there, but they don't have the fans that John Marston and Sadie Adler have nowadays.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of the Western genre. But I understand that I'm a small minority in this market. Just because I love cowboys doesn't mean I think they'd be hot sellers.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think your opinion is wrong. A RDR1 figure of John would sell a ton of figures. I can't see a situation where a RDR2 John, Sadie, Charles and Dutch wouldn't hit a minimum of 500 preorders that LIMToys could keep increasing if need be. People love this game and people love these characters. So many gamers complain that there aren't great figures of their favorite characters. With the quality this company can produce, I think people would support them.

It's like Pharaoh said, I loved the game and the characters, but unlike other games it sadly doesn't have that much love in the collecting community, the VTS Kara announcement is pretty much dead in the water wherever you look, I'm personally happy we got to work on Connor and Nines as he was my favorite character and is the one that has the biggest following but when it comes to making others, it's too much of a risk, we're a third party after all.

Yup. I think Connor?s story was also the most interesting as well. So it makes sense he?s got a much bigger fan base than the other characters. I?m glad we?re getting Connor though, really cool character.

Would you all have any interest in Deus Ex? Adam Jensen is wayyyy overdue for a good figure at this point.

You won't see much else new this year, they're only just, it would seem, bringing out a 1/12 MGS figure and that was announced ages ago.

Would you all have any interest in Deus Ex? Adam Jensen is wayyyy overdue for a good figure at this point.
I honestly don't know but it's unlikely given our current backlog, definitely not any time soon.
You won't see much else new this year, they're only just, it would seem, bringing out a 1/12 MGS figure and that was announced ages ago.
False, we released our 1/6 scale Peter head sculpt last week and we're now gearing torwards the release of the long awaited 1/12 Aehab, after that we'll carry on with the releases of LIM008 and the Investigator and the Nines double pack, our 1/12 All That Remains figures are already in production to be released torwards the end of the year. We're also going to be announcing new 1/6 scale and 1/12 products in the comming months.

We're also going to be announcing new 1/6 scale and 1/12 products in the comming months.

4c566cac910917703b5f9a73d187e3d2.jpg

Pls consider Talion

False, we released our 1/6 scale Peter head sculpt last week and we're now gearing torwards the release of the long awaited 1/12 Aehab, after that we'll carry on with the releases of LIM008 and the Investigator and the Nines double pack, our 1/12 All That Remains figures are already in production to be released torwards the end of the year. We're also going to be announcing new 1/6 scale and 1/12 products in the comming months.

I saw that Peter sculpt, didn't know it was yours and I knew the Aehab was due soon, that was the MGS figure I mentioned. I just wasn't sure what else was and thought there may have been delays.

Keep on keeping on...

I would love an FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan from Deadly Premonition. It could even come with two different head sculpts.

I have my own custom ones but would love it if Limtoys brought one out. The attention to detail is really something else with their figures.

Back