The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

He's alright, I don't dislike him, they probably have something big in store for him, since he's """dead"""

He got sucked in a space ship if I remember right .

Weird... I mean, I think we all figured it would be a stand along story, but to take it right out of the DCEU... wtf.

Welp. Here we go. And I thought Sony was bad.

Hopefully he means it's a prequel that takes place before the events of the current dcu, thus it is not beholden by or has no impact on the current timeline. If its really a new unrelated project,then its a bad move because it will create alot of confusion for the gp

general joe blow doesn't give a **** about universes or continuity in the films- I don't care either as long as it's good

general joe blow doesn't give a **** about universes or continuity in the films- I don't care either as long as it's good

They will when they see a different person playing batman that they have no connection too, especially if WB/DC plans to still sell tickets and make DCU movies. I can see it now they go to see batman and they are like who the **** is this where is ben affleck. Did i miss a movie i was supposed to watch to explain this change??? What about an ironman movie without RDJ, they'd be like who the **** is this... what happened to RDJ, tony stark?? what am i watching... it will be the end of the DCU

Could be that Reeves wants to make a self-contained Batfleck story without having references to other superheroes, hence it "not being part of the DCEU".

...Although I wouldn't mind if this and the Joker origin movie led to a reboot. :monkey3 I wonder what'll happen to that Booster Gold movie that also wasn't going to be part of the DCEU.

I'd give the general audience more credit than that. They'd be just as invested in film continuity as avid comic fans if they've been
following the film's for any substantial amount of time. Personally I would expect a medium that calls itself a "universe" to adhere
to some form of continuity.

Makes perfect sense.

This was the only way to keep Affleck from vacating the role before this movie.

Au contrair..... this is the perfect reason and way out for explaining Ben's departure from being in The Batman. New story, different universe. A nice clean break. They're not gonna use the same actor in 2 different universes. People are easily confused enough and still think all the Marvel movies are connected because of the opening Marvel logo. They still don't get the Fox and Sony movies are separate.

Au contrair..... this is the perfect reason and way out for explaining Ben's departure from being in The Batman. New story, different universe. A nice clean break. They're not gonna use the same actor in 2 different universes. People are easily confused enough and still think all the Marvel movies are connected because of the opening Marvel logo. They still don't get the Fox and Sony movies are separate.

Sony is connected now thankfully.

Whatever it is, no doubt Disney could pay it. But WB won't sell it, not even in this state is the DCEU not profitable, in fact, it's probably more profitable than ever after WW.

I like that it's with WB, it's not necessary to sell it, just change the people in charge of the movies and rebrand if you have to.

And the comics section, just like Marvel's, is pocket change, not even worth the hassle of going through the paperwork to sell it, I would imagine.

Back