The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

The less Disney owns, the better.

Can Disney technically buy DC/WB?

hHFochK.gif

And here I was looking forward to Battfleck's 20-year crimefighting history getting explored (preferably in a Bronze Age costume!)

So was I, one would think that 20 years would be more than enough time frame for Reeves to utilize with no attachments
To any previous films. At this point the more news that comes out regarding the future of DC films the more apathetic I become.
It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and they're just throwing anything hoping it sticks.

It would be cool if they made a movie based on Noël. You could show Batfleck's lighter, earlier crime fighting days, his transition to using darker tactics following the death of Robin, and a cool Superman cameo, all while maintaining the noir and detective themes Reeves is interested in exploring.

I wouldn't put it past them to but WB. They wanna buy everything. I didn't think they'd get marvel. If Disney did buy Dc you can say goodbye to great dc cartoons and angsty Batman and dark stories.

If justice league flops then I would expect that they would announce a reboot but not after.

On the other had they have come to understand there is money to be made with out having a movie that is completely dependent on Universe that it exists in as what was demonstrated in WW.

I always felt that being in a shared universe was not necessarily a great thing. Although its fun to see an avengers movie or JL movie its can be constricting when you try to create a story and only to be bound by the other movies that have already been done and have yet to come even though your character is not active with in only in name.

If the use the comic book format you only really see heroes team up in event comics but in their own comic run they act as they are alone even when things are dire or else when ever batman is about to kick the bucket superman can come and save him and that would we the ultimate duex machina. And it would make the justice league meaning less as they crossover freely.

This is good news. It means we can get a good stand alone movie that doesn't need to be compromised for the need to throw teases and references to other films in the same universe.

This is good news. It means we can get a good stand alone movie that doesn't need to be compromised for the need to throw teases and references to other films in the same universe.

We already had that with Wonder Woman. You can still exist in the continuity without having every film be a prequel to the next one.

This is really a bizarre and confusing decision considering a lot of the audience does care about the shared universe.

How do you figure a compromise is needed or that teases and references are required? The Batman in the DCEU
has been active for 2 decades prior to MOS. That's a far adequate timeline for the creative freedom the film requires.
Even if it took place after JL it's not mandatory to reference previous films. Not only is it not a good idea it's completely unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. Jenkins made a quality WW film established In the DCEU there's no
reason why Reeves can't do the same under similar circumstance.

If justice league flops then I would expect that they would announce a reboot but not after.

On the other had they have come to understand there is money to be made with out having a movie that is completely dependent on Universe that it exists in as what was demonstrated in WW.

I always felt that being in a shared universe was not necessarily a great thing. Although its fun to see an avengers movie or JL movie its can be constricting when you try to create a story and only to be bound by the other movies that have already been done and have yet to come even though your character is not active with in only in name.

If the use the comic book format you only really see heroes team up in event comics but in their own comic run they act as they are alone even when things are dire or else when ever batman is about to kick the bucket superman can come and save him and that would we the ultimate duex machina. And it would make the justice league meaning less as they crossover freely.

All of the NY Marvel characters do crossover issues all the time

Thank goodness DC isn't following Marvel's "let's just tease and build up stuff in this film in subplots going everywhere and leading to nothing for the next one- it's part of a chain"

Thank goodness DC isn't following Marvel's "let's just tease and build up stuff in this film in subplots going everywhere and leading to nothing for the next one- it's part of a chain"

I believe Fox has Marvel beat substantially in that particular category though.

WB has no spine.

Instead of improving upon Marvel's formula they choose to chicken out instead and go the solo route.

Wimps.

WB has no spine.

Instead of improving upon Marvel's formula they choose to chicken out instead and go the solo route.

Wimps.

I thinking they're trying to eat their cake and have it too. Keep the floundering DCEU afloat and instead of simply rebooting they're going to create a parallel continuity. However rather than calling the parallel continuity the new official universe they're already leaving themselves an out if THAT fails. "Oh we didn't screw up yet another reboot we, uh, always intended to keep all future films separate." If the new Elseworlds universe turns out to be a rousing success THEN they'll team up those characters and act like it was going to be the new universe all along. If it fails they just disown them as meaningless one-offs.

Finally we have some clarity... i hate reporters they never get their stories straight. What happened to integrity in journalism, they just make **** up or purposely misconstrue meaning to get hits...

After his comments about the upcoming standalone Batman flick sent DC fans into a frenzy, Matt Reeves, director of "The Batman," is clarifying those remarks, insisting that the flick is indeed part of the comic powerhouse's extended film universe.

In a series of Twitter posts on Thursday, Reeves tried to set the record straight about the statement he made in a recent interview with Los Angeles radio station KCRW, in which he said, "When [Warner Bros.] approached me [to direct 'The Batman'], what they said was, 'Look, it's a standalone, it's not part of the extended universe.'"

Reeves noted in his Twitter spree that the very presence of the Batman character made the flick a DCEU property. Instead, the director said, the comment about the flick not being in the extended universe meant that there wouldn't be any characters from other DC superhero properties in the movie, nor would "The Batman" be part of an elaborate set-up for future DC flicks.

"Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN," Reeves wrote on Twitter. "In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman...not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn't be filled with cameos servicing other stories -- that it would be a BATMAN story."

That definitely makes sense, and certainly fits with DC's trajectory for its other heroes, who've gotten their own standalone features that weren't filled with Justice League member cameos. (Think "Man of Steel" and this year's "Wonder Woman.") Sure, events from "The Batman" may serve as a jumping off point for more movies, but it sounds like it will be its own thing -- an individual slice in the whole DCEU pie.

"The Batman," starring Ben Affleck as the Caped Crusader, doesn't have a release date yet. Production is scheduled to begin sometime next year.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/apos-batman-apos-director-clarifies-192000886.html

Last edited:

All part of the hip hate on DC craze. Who cares about delivering a factual story when you can just embrace the zeitgeist and spread misinformation and negativity? It's the same old **** we've seen for a couple of years now.

Marvel film undergoes reshoots: "Yeah well so did Rogue One and that turned out awesome, these are normal movie procedures, calm down. DC film undergoes reshoots: "Classic DC, they have no ****ing clue what they're doing, also did you hear Ben Affleck murders puppies?"

Marvel recasts literally any actor: "Yeah well Terrence Howard was a **** anyway, recasting characters is nothing new, calm down. Plus Mark Ruffalo was a way better Hulk." DC rumours about recasts: "**** DC. Do they have any idea what they're ****ing doing at ALL?"

Edgar Wright quits Ant-Man: "You know, I'm good with that. He has a vision that doesn't coincide with Marvel's plan, I'd hate to see him compromised."Rick Famuyiwa quits Flash: "**** DC."

Marvel makes average movie: "Yeah still pretty fun though guys, you know they found a formula that works and not every movie can be perfect, calm down." DC makes average movie: "This is literally the worst thing ever."

And so on.

All part of the hip hate on DC craze. Who cares about delivering a factual story when you can just embrace the zeitgeist and spread misinformation and negativity? It's the same old **** we've seen for a couple of years now.

Marvel film undergoes reshoots: "Yeah well so did Rogue One and that turned out awesome, these are normal movie procedures, calm down. DC film undergoes reshoots: "Classic DC, they have no ****ing clue what they're doing, also did you hear Ben Affleck murders puppies?"

Marvel recasts literally any actor: "Yeah well Terrence Howard was a **** anyway, recasting characters is nothing new, calm down. Plus Mark Ruffalo was a way better Hulk." DC rumours about recasts: "**** DC. Do they have any idea what they're ****ing doing at ALL?"

Edgar Wright quits Ant-Man: "You know, I'm good with that. He has a vision that doesn't coincide with Marvel's plan, I'd hate to see him compromised."Rick Famuyiwa quits Flash: "**** DC."

Marvel makes average movie: "Yeah still pretty fun though guys, you know they found a formula that works and not every movie can be perfect, calm down." DC makes average movie: "This is literally the worst thing ever."

And so on.

:exactly:
Que marvel white knights in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 lol

Back