Joker 2 : Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/joker-2-todd-phillips-writing-sequel

Naturally, you can't expect a film to make that much cold hard cash and not have the studio consider a sequel, and as both Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix have previously expressed a willingness to at least consider returning, it may only be a matter of time before we see Arthur Fleck once again. Buried in a THR report listing Hollywood's most powerful lawyers was the tidbit that Todd Phillips has apparently "struck a deal to co-write the next Joker installment." Now, it's important to note that the outlet has previously come under fire when it comes to reporting Joker sequel news, even some that was directly shot-down by Phillips himself, but even if a sequel doesn't eventually materialize, it would be foolish of Warner Bros. not to at least explore the possibilities. In addition to directing the first film, Todd Phillips also co-wrote the script alongside Scott Silver.

w1Xqxxg.jpg

The director thought it would be cool for someone to make a Batman in this world. I imagine that is what we are getting. Imagine that, four concurrent movie Batmen within a few years.

Sigh. Come on DC don?t do this your gonna cause fatigue. That?ll be like 3 universes your trying to build

Lol.... not to mention it could ruin the amazing first movie. I like how the first movie ended.

Lol.... not to mention it could ruin the amazing first movie. I like how the first movie ended.

Agreed. It certainly felt like a one and done. I didn't think Joaquin wanted to do another. Money talks.

I could see the sequel taking place in the 90's or 2000's, with a "reformed" Arthur getting out, just like Norman Bates in Psycho 2. Arthur who was convicted of murder is found not guilty by virtue of his insanity, so after 25 years Arthur is released from Arkham hospital by the court, after being deemed mentally sound. That's a good start for a sequel. He tries his best to make it in Gotham once again, but it proves to much for Arthur and he goes full Joker again and things escalate, with Joker taking his crimes much further than in the pervious film. He might even have a cult like following on the outside like Charles Manson did for many years. The movie would need some kind of main antagonist for the Joker to kill, as well as a "good" antagonist like a doctor, social worker or detective that wants to help and arrest Arthur. This film has potential.

Unlike the first film, Arthur needs to go full Joker in the second act, so the first 30 minutes, or first act focuses on Arthur genuinely trying to be good and setting up the new characters as well as the main antagonist.

I know this is a stretch but uhhhhh I think this joker is the joker in the Pattinson universe. Idk I just think maybe that could happen. But it?s a long shot.

Such a perfect movie, no need for a sequel.

I couldn't agree more, although money talks

Also I loved the blade runner sequel but I would have been perfectly happy without it

Some films are standalone classics that don't need another

I know this is a stretch but uhhhhh I think this joker is the joker in the Pattinson universe. Idk I just think maybe that could happen. But it?s a long shot.

I?d call it a no shot. Not happening. Not happening at all.

Back