The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

technically speaking, robins were adopted or warded and thus became bruce's "sons" as well. At least Tim and Grayson that i'm aware of.

Well they're all his wards, and Bruce sometimes says they're all his sons, but ultimately Damian's the only real son, and still, he was still raised to be much more capable than any other robin, that's why he is so damn smug, but that doesn't make it a bad character, he's really not badly written, he makes a lot of mistakes precisely because he's so conceited.

BTW: Damian's the best candidate to be the next Batman :chase:

I still don't get the hate for Damian.

He's an annoying brat for one. Thinks he's better then everyone and cocky as hell. The animated movies make him extremely unlikable. He comes off as some rich brat rather then a good character who wants to do good. Glad blue beetle blasted him in the face.

Well they're all his wards, and Bruce sometimes says they're all his sons, but ultimately Damian's the only real son, and still, he was still raised to be much more capable than any other robin, that's why he is so damn smug, but that doesn't make it a bad character, he's really not badly written, he makes a lot of mistakes precisely because he's so conceited.

BTW: Damian's the best candidate to be the next Batman :chase:

Nah Tim drake is the better successor and the better robin. Best detective of the robins.

you won't if they make him a girl or black

I could care less as long as it's faithful to the character's moral and traits tbh.

I could care less as long as it's faithful to the character's moral and traits tbh.

Agreed. Never cared for all the superficial stuff that other people seem to be hung up on. Then again most people are fans of these characters just because of their costumes don't expect them to understand.

Agreed. Never cared for all the superficial stuff that other people seem to be hung up on. Then again most people are fans of these characters just because of their costumes don't expect them to understand.

sound point. :lol :lecture

He's an annoying brat for one. Thinks he's better then everyone and cocky as hell. The animated movies make him extremely unlikable. He comes off as some rich brat rather then a good character who wants to do good. Glad blue beetle blasted him in the face.

The animated movies make everyone extremely unlikable tho.

That's literally the most untruth thing I've read ever.

People actually like characters for the characters themselves, they love the costume because they love the character, not the other way around.

IDK Gasp, there's a lot of heroes/villains out there that look great, but beyond that nothing else does it for me.

But as the old saying goes.. "can't judge a book by its cover."

it might also be because i don't have as much time as i used to do to read, it's hard to keep updated when everything gets rebooted so quickly.

The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

That's literally the most untruth thing I've read ever.

People actually like characters for the characters themselves, they love the costume because they love the character, not the other way around.

I was exaggerating but my point being that people focus way too much on the design of characters and not what matters most, mainly on the internet though. I saw people calling Leto's Joker an abomination as soon as he was revealed, Jackman still gets hate for not being a midget, Keaton got ripped on for being small and frail.

I've literally seen people on here say they want Marvel to get the rights back to X-Men so they can be in costume, that's not a lie :lol

Edit: Just re read my comment, It came out wrong. I meant to say, most people are fans of certain certain movies just because of these characters costumes, basically remaining faithful to the source material.

I'm sure people love these characters in on the comics for other reasons.

Last edited:

IDK Gasp, there's a lot of heroes/villains out there that look great, but beyond that nothing else does it for me.
I'm not denying that there are hollow characters, that's not my point, what I'm saying is people don't like Guy Gardner for his benis haircut, or plastic man for his awesome costume, they like them because they're fun af characters, it's because of that that people like the costumes.

Makes sense actually. He's the most interesting, and his temper and self control would be constantly tested by certain villains.

He's the most obsessive and an*l of all the Robins, and he is also the smartest and most efficient.

Definately Damian for me.

IMG_5805.JPG

I'm not denying that there are hollow characters, that's not my point, what I'm saying is people don't like Guy Gardner for his benis haircut, or plastic man for his awesome costume, they like them because they're fun af characters, it's because of that that people like the costumes.

He's the most obsessive and an*l of all the Robins, and he is also the smartest and most efficient.

Tim is the best robin tho. Always has been. Literally ever robin is modeled after him. 90s cartoon had his suit on **** grayson. Teen titans had his personality and fighting skills on the show.
Tim is a better detective and a worthy successor to Batman. Damien is a Whiny spoiled brat who thinks he's better than everyone cause he's Batman' son. Got his ass kicked multiple times cause of it to. Should of stayed dead. Tim is the better character.

Back