Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really into that flick earlier this year and watched it like every night for a week straight, I’ve got that scene burned into memory.

I still remember watching it in the theater and how they passed out eyedroppers due to all the reports of people not blinking, lol.
Man one thing that really stuck out to me watching it - first time since when it came out - was who the hell started the rumor Clooney is a good actor haha

Man one thing that really stuck out to me watching it - first time since when it came out - was who the hell started the rumor Clooney is a good actor haha
He's a great actor with the right material.

See Syriana, The Descendants, Up in the Air and Solaris for examples of this.

1635107480664.png

Attachments

• 1635107494096.png
    1635107494096.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 1635107515014.png
    1635107515014.png
    15 KB · Views: 25
Probably too serious. It needs that goofball humor that the teenagers and media likes.

Or maybe it's just a thoroughly rotten movie with no meaningful plot, zero interesting or relatable characters, a lifeless and bland visual style, and completely lacking any sense of drama or urgency? An ugly, beige, soulless piece of corporate product that can only be described as "The Inhumans but a slightly higher budget and no dog?"

I can't remember the last comic book movie that looks so utterly uninspired and limp. The background goons in 1990's "Dick Tracy" all had more character and charisma than any of these dead-eyed losers in their rubber onesies. There's a reason "The Eternals" failed within a few issues every time it was published. Kirby's "New Gods" was actually a big flop when they came out, and this was his rip-off of his own flop. At least over the years "New Gods" became a cult classic (confession time...I've never been able to get through it...the writing suuuucks) but this is a copy of a copy of a copy.

I have no doubt this will be a box office success cause of people like this:

5s9gfq.jpg

I know I hate everything, pretty much. But this one is especially insulting cause Disney thinks they can literally fling **** at a wall like a monkey and it's gonna be gold.

But everyone knows this is Z-list trash. The MCU is over. If you keep going and paying for these movies, it's only cause you're still chasing the dragon from over ten years ago. It's OK to say it out loud. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Back