1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have plenty of time to improve the cowl sculpt...

But they DID make some improvements...

Wired cape, ratchet joints on the knees at least so it's more poseable,split cut boot ankles, better face plate paint apps, and an excellent DX19 sculpt.

But no accessories, not even a grappling gun and the actual description on the PO page lists an "all in one palm computer"... I don't see it anywhere so don't they have to include it if offered?

Don't know. Whole thing was rushed but I'm still getting it.

To be fair, any custom destroys a mass produced product.

Sometimes customs aren't even necessary. As Dean says in the video there really seems no reason that Hot Toys can't achieve a figure like his custom - it's mainly Hot Toys in the first place. Then it's just

- a more accurate cowl head with a shorter neck
- cape clips in the correct position
- a thinner cape
- gloss black forearm gauntlets

Why wouldn't Hot Toys be able to do those things?

Why wouldn't Hot Toys be able to do those things?

Ah, Andrew. Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers to? Because they?re cheap ****s.

It?s the Hasbro/Mattel/NECA motto. Why make a definitive figure when people will just keep shelling out money for a repaint/rerelease? There?s a bunch of things they could have done differently. Swappable/moveable eyes (their Kilmer, Keaton and Affleck all have them, why not Begins), an accurate suit, a nice cape, glossy gauntlets, etc but that would require actual effort. Time and money are resources they don?t appear to be interested in.

Also feels like Hot Toys doesn?t think too highly of Batman Begins for whatever reason. Scarecrow was only available as an exclusive two pack, Ra?s Al Ghul never happened, they couldn?t give two ****s about Ninja Bruce or Ninja Ducard. It?s why they?re so quick to throw in that first night out gear. All it consists of is a cheap little mask and some fabric straps. Requires zero effort. They think it adds value despite nobody really displaying GIMPman over the Batman look. In their eyes, it provides buyers with perceived added value without breaking the bank.

They?re cheap ****s.

This release would have been a lot cooler if they just ditched the Bruce head/straps/skimask and updated the cowl head, cape clips, cape and threw a gloss coat on the gauntlets. All they needed to do. If they wanna make use of old tooling, should have thrown in the original Batsingal with a clean deco as his ?base?.

FD4F8336-2682-4490-930A-6A6839909946.jpg

No way that hunk of plastic costs them that much to produce AND they?d get use out of existing tooling.

It does seem HT are not the biggest fans of BB...with Maul getting two DX releases on the bounce i really thought there might have been a tiny wee chance of this getting a nice big DX release as well...new cowl with moveable eyes, four or five new mouth plates, a couple of capes(one wired), BW head sculpt with Ninja clothes/armour(so to cobble together a second figure), nice big DX base with interchangeable floor plates to match the Bat cave and Ra's Al Ghul's inner temple back drops...hands, batarangs, Bombs, Grapple gun, Phone etc. etc...It could have been magnificent :(

They don't even have to sculpt the cowl. Just get the digital scan file of the OG and shrink it down. No need to be sculpting cowls and helmets these days with the files out there - every one of them should be perfect.

But then again, if they do that they can't sell you a better version later.

Last edited:
Thank you Dean!

They must have heard it loud and clear from all of us by.now.

Note to HT:

Do it.

Despite the hate it?s getting around here I decided to pre-order tonight. I had a $25 coupon and the fact that I don?t have this version of Batman and it?s my favorite of the Nolan films made me want it.

We are one year away HT has all that time to give us a new and improved version. And plus even if they did the majority of you will buy custom parts to replace bits on it so all this complaining is stupid. Though I understand it's a lazy move on HT part a lot of us couldn't get the 2011 Batman (I for sure couldn't) so buying this new one is a good opportunity for new collectors. But if people mention it enough like the Tony Stark sculpt from Endgame we might just get them to actually try.

We are one year away HT has all that time to give us a new and improved version. And plus even if they did the majority of you will buy custom parts to replace bits on it so all this complaining is stupid. Though I understand it's a lazy move on HT part a lot of us couldn't get the 2011 Batman (I for sure couldn't) so buying this new one is a good opportunity for new collectors. But if people mention it enough like the Tony Stark sculpt from Endgame we might just get them to actually try.

I don't understand. On the one hand you say all this complaining is stupid and then you go on to say that if enough people mention it Hot Toys might make an effort - so you're obviously open to the idea of Hot Toys reacting to the feedback.

And you say HT has a year to give us a new and improved version - haven't they already had the last ten years? So why are we now looking at the same old figure? This figure right here is the figure they are happy to release as of 2021 and the only thing that might change that is the complaining. That's the point of it.

I don't understand. On the one hand you say all this complaining is stupid and then you go on to say that if enough people mention it Hot Toys might make an effort - so you're obviously open to the idea of Hot Toys reacting to the feedback.

And you say HT has a year to give us a new and improved version - haven't they already had the last ten years? So why are we now looking at the same old figure? This figure right here is the figure they are happy to release as of 2021 and the only thing that might change that is the complaining. That's the point of it.
My point is if they change it or not it's up to them so even if we do complain it will fall on deaf ears. But I'm also saying that collectors have pushed them to change things before if they are load enough albeit at times it can be extreme (like the stark sculpt). Personally if they don't improve it before release then it really was a waste and it would make no sense even trying to give criticism or feedback.

It would be really funny, if after this Sideshow exclusive Batman they announce the DX BB Batman with features we have described. :)

Back