1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman - Batman (2.0) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its simple. standards are different. some people just have higher standards than others.

like chopper said, there are a lot of people who accept figures for what they are because they either don't care or don't know about certain details. @Nick D it took me a while but nick pointed out the clips on the belt for the TDK and TDKR batman that weren't present on hot toy's figures at all besides the TDK armory set. if people are constantly complacent with inaccuracies (granted, scale restrictions are valid but it's not valid when they clearly show they could do it within this scale and decide to not reuse it for following figures like dx19 and TDKR armory when they've shown to reuse pretty much 90% of previous figures. the awful gloves are still being reused only until recently they decided to announce TDKR armory)

people universally call the dx19 a great figure while i think it's piss poor and mostly made up of reuses that arent even good. i don't get how people don't want to have accurate figures. people should be getting on hot toy's ass just like they did for that awful mk 50 tony stark head sculpt until they decided to change it.

look at what's happening to tobey's NWH mask rn that hot toys put out.

if no one bothers to critique them for their figure's inaccuracies. they'll just accept and continue to push out dirt for people who'll just gobble it all up without question. not everyone likes dirt. everyone can benefit from upgrades. hot toys is no exception. inart, jnd, every company in 1/6 deserves to get a firm hand time and time again to be reminded certain collectors know far more than the people they hire to research a character.
I would also add to that, for me at least, that the standards can vary from product to product.

I have the DX19, I wanted to have Batman on the Batpod in my office at work. I love The Dark Knight as a movie but I'm not well-versed in the minutia of it all. I didn't spend much time in the thread because it was close to release when I decided to get it and it looked better than what came before. It's there in my office and it looks great!

On the flip side to that, I haven't pre-ordered this (and I always pre-order) because currently, it isn't good enough. I'd rather wait and see what InArt does or spend the time and money making the 1.0 better because I am well-versed in the minutia of it all.

I'd just like to say, ignoring the comments suggesting some of us are only encouraging HT to further produce inaccuracte figs...

It dawned on me that I am a stickler for likeness in a human head sculpt. So I do realize how accuracy can be a huge eyesore for some to a degree because likeness is a deal breaker for me.

I get it. I just don't care for some of the blame put on folks for being happy with a product and buying it. That's all.

Criticism is necessary. But don't blame the consumer. That's just crazy talk imo.

I'd just like to say, ignoring the comments suggesting some of us are only encouraging HT to further produce inaccuracte figs...

It dawned on me that I am a stickler for likeness in a human head sculpt. So I do realize how accuracy can be a huge eyesore for some to a degree because likeness is a deal breaker for me.

I get it. I just don't care for some of the blame put on folks for being happy with a product and buying it. That's all.

Criticism is necessary. But don't blame the consumer. That's just crazy talk imo.

What else is that behavior doing? If Hot Toys shows off figures that look like trash, and people across the board praise them, what incentive do they have to change anything?

The DX12 looks like complete trash, yet at the time it went up for preorder all the facebook comments said it looked amazing. Because of that, their 1/4 Batman almost released as a bigger version of it - until Batfan crusaded to get them to change it by posting constructive criticism on their facebook page. They fixed it, and now it’s an incredible figure.

They fixed Supergirl from the Flash movie after a bunch of nerd news sites bashed the figure. I guarantee they wouldn’t have changed a thing about her if everyone had said it “looked great”. Nowadays Hot Toys only changes things if they get nuked with complaints, or have competition.

$350 is no small fee at all. Yes, these are dolls, but the entire point of these dolls is to be realistic, accurate representations of these characters. Otherwise why aren’t we saving hundreds of dollars and just buying the Barbie or McFarlane versions of these characters and being content with that?

Maybe it’s just me having a lower budget for these dolls, but I find spending $350 on something I see so many issues with hard to swallow. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don’t care to spend thousands for a single JND figure; I think that’s crazy. I’m either going to stick with my customized Suicide Squad Batfleck or wait and see what InArt’s standard offering will be.

In this instance, the biggest thing Hot Toys needs to do is alter the body and the abs. I’d argue they need to revise the cowl too, since it isn’t as bulky as the movie cowl. That’s not that hard for them.

What else is that behavior doing? If Hot Toys shows off figures that look like trash, and people across the board praise them, what incentive do they have to change anything?

The DX12 looks like complete trash, yet at the time it went up for preorder all the facebook comments said it looked amazing. Because of that, their 1/4 Batman almost released as a bigger version of it - until Batfan crusaded to get them to change it by posting constructive criticism on their facebook page. They fixed it, and now it’s an incredible figure.

They fixed Supergirl from the Flash movie after a bunch of nerd news sites bashed the figure. I guarantee they wouldn’t have changed a thing about her if everyone had said it “looked great”. Nowadays Hot Toys only changes things if they get nuked with complaints, or have competition.

$350 is no small fee at all. Yes, these are dolls, but the entire point of these dolls is to be realistic, accurate representations of these characters. Otherwise why aren’t we saving hundreds of dollars and just buying the Barbie or McFarlane versions of these characters and being content with that?

Maybe it’s just me having a lower budget for these dolls, but I find spending $350 on something I see so many issues with hard to swallow. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don’t care to spend thousands for a single JND figure; I think that’s crazy. I’m either going to stick with my customized Suicide Squad Batfleck or wait and see what InArt’s standard offering will be.
Because you're assuming that these inaccuracies YOU see, are "poke you in your eye" obvious to everyone. I'm here to tell ya, they are most certainly not.

I know that isn't what you want to hear and I can totally sympathize with your position. But that doesn't change the fact the some folks simply DO NOT notice it. Their eye is not immediately drawn to it.

And that is just a fact. Not an opinion.

If it sticks out visually to a degree that it isn't liked is simply subjective. That's the truth. For me, personally - it's likeness. For others, it's abs ect.

like chopper said, there are a lot of people who accept figures for what they are because they either don't care or don't know about certain details. @Nick D it took me a while but nick pointed out the clips on the belt for the TDK and TDKR batman that weren't present on hot toy's figures at all besides the TDK armory set. if people are constantly complacent with inaccuracies (granted, scale restrictions are valid but it's not valid when they clearly show they could do it within this scale and decide to not reuse it for following figures like dx19 and TDKR armory when they've shown to reuse pretty much 90% of previous figures. the awful gloves are still being reused only until recently they decided to announce TDKR armory)

people universally call the dx19 a great figure while i think it's piss poor and mostly made up of reuses that arent even good. i don't get how people don't want to have accurate figures. people should be getting on hot toy's ass just like they did for that awful mk 50 tony stark head sculpt until they decided to change it.

look at what's happening to tobey's NWH mask rn that hot toys put out.

if no one bothers to critique them for their figure's inaccuracies. they'll just accept and continue to push out dirt for people who'll just gobble it all up without question. not everyone likes dirt. everyone can benefit from upgrades. hot toys is no exception. inart, jnd, every company in 1/6 deserves to get a firm hand time and time again to be reminded certain collectors know far more than the people they hire to research a character.
The part I bolded is what we all need to live by. Too many…to put this politely…brain dead morons that have invaded this hobby are just too accepting of mediocrity. I want the best version of a figure as possible. Too many times I’ve seen these morons say “just don’t buy it” or “stop complaining”.

I want to buy this, and I want hot toys to do the best they can do so EVERYONE can benefit from as accurate a figure as possible. That’s why constructive criticism exists. I have this on PO. I’ll cancel if it if I don’t like it. But I WANT to like it.

If you can tolerate inaccuracy or are accepting of a mediocre product, good for you, but when you tell people to stop complaining, you become a moron, because you obviously want everyone else to accept a mediocre product, and why the hell would you want that? Do you not want hot toys or any other company to do the best they can?

End rant I guess. Maybe being in this hobby for 8 and a half years has made be a bitter ***** lol.

I’d swap encourage for enabling and assert there’s no denying that less effort on HT’s part is an inevitable consequence of a marketplace that rewards mediocrity- and the problem is exacerbated when they have no competition to split the consumer base.
But that doesn't change the fact the some folks simply DO NOT notice it. Their eye is not immediately drawn to it.

And that is just a fact. Not an opinion.
I guess another fact to consider is that certain details are objectively correct and deviations/inaccuracies are wrong/failures.
If an unobservant collector is happy with an incorrect detail they aren’t aware of, it stands to reason that they would be equally as happy with the correct detail.
As such, their opinion on the matter is invalidated since they clearly don’t actually care either way and the view of those who’s experience will be negatively impacted by inaccuracies should be prioritised for setting a benchmark of objectively correct execution.
You either do something right or you do it wrong. One of those qualities has to be superior and universally held in higher regard or what even is life?

What people like/forgive/enjoy is subjective but accuracy and details are measurable qualities, therefore, less accurate figures are denotatively worse than those that are more accurate.

Your somewhat apologetic stance would (and does) allow HT to cater to the lowest common denominator of collectors who could arguably be considered less passionate or invested in what they are buying- since the most devoted fans tend to also be the most knowledgable.
Ignorance may be bliss but it should never be encouraged or admired.

I’d also argue that this medium exists to cater to the detail-oriented, so it is up to the community to uphold those standards via written feedback and voting with our wallets.

That’s my logic on the subject.

I’d swap encourage for enabling and assert there’s no denying that less effort on HT’s part is an inevitable consequence of a marketplace that rewards mediocrity- and the problem is exacerbated when they have no competition to split the consumer base.

I guess another fact to consider is that certain details are objectively correct and deviations/inaccuracies are wrong/failures.
If an unobservant collector is happy with an incorrect detail they aren’t aware of, it stands to reason that they would be equally as happy with the correct detail.
As such, their opinion on the matter is invalidated since they clearly don’t actually care either way and the view of those who’s experience will be negatively impacted by inaccuracies should be prioritised for setting a benchmark of objectively correct execution.
You either do something right or you do it wrong. One of those qualities has to be superior and universally held in higher regard or what even is life?

What people like/forgive/enjoy is subjective but accuracy and details are measurable qualities, therefore, less accurate figures are denotatively worse than those that are more accurate.

Your somewhat apologetic stance would (and does) allow HT to cater to the lowest common denominator of collectors who could arguably be considered less passionate or invested in what they are buying- since the most devoted fans tend to also be the most knowledgable.
Ignorance may be bliss but it should never be encouraged or admired.

I’d also argue that this medium exists to cater to the detail-oriented, so it is up to the community to uphold those standards via written feedback and voting with our wallets.

That’s my logic on the subject.
I'd love not to spend time reading a wall of txt.

Maybe learn to articulate your points of view in a more condensed form. Jesus christ. If I wanted to read a novel I'd do just that.

Anyway, I'll read this later.

This ones problems comes across more jarring and disappointing to see as a 2.0 when there's been so much incredible work done on the 1.0 over the years. These aren't even things that Hot Toys can't achieve. Just comparing the figure to a reference spots out the problems immediately so it's an annoying thing to see them do. What references are they looking at with this one? It's not like they don't have the ability to push the figure to reach this level. It's just odd and frustrating to see in comparison, especially when it's been years and years after the 1st one.

Like I said before, maybe the big brain move they have up their sleeve is to wait for INART to announce theirs and then post a bunch of "updates". As @Captain Clown said, they need a fire lit under their asses to fix or do certain things.

8Lz4shq.png

Vn6RQQC.jpg

Last edited:
This ones problems comes across more jarring and disappointing to see as a 2.0 when there's been so much incredible work done on the 1.0 over the years. These aren't even things that Hot Toys can't achieve. Just comparing the figure to a reference spots out the problems immediately so it's an annoying thing to see them do. What references are they looking at with this one? It's not like they don't have the ability to push the figure to reach this level. It's just odd and frustrating to see in comparison, especially when it's been years and years after the 1st one.

Like I said before, maybe the big brain move they have up their sleeve is to wait for INART to announce theirs and then post a bunch of "updates". As @Captain Clown said, they need a fire lit under their asses to fix or do certain things.

8Lz4shq.png

Vn6RQQC.jpg
I'd take either one of those. Sue me.

I think they both look great for different reasons.

I know.. Oh the horror.

And let's be honest. 95% of folks that own the original on this sub haven't made it look screen accurate, yet the entire comment section will praise it when posted.

So miss me with that nonsense.

This site is certainly not some kind of set bar for accuracy. So the very idea old timer users from this place want to push this "accuracy at all costs" attitude is hilarious to me.

Move on to IA. Lord knows you've declared it enough around here. Bye.

Last edited:
Try hards. Lol.

Is that the best we can do here? Surely not. 😆

Next 2 pages of "I'll rise to the occasion" incoming. Look forward to it. Make me chuckle or sit down.

Entertain us, please. Dance, clown.

Last edited:
Some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously and personally. Just toys at the end of the day guys.
If they can dish it, they can dang well take it.
They'll be alright. I'm sure of it. 👍

Drop the ban hammer. Idc.

If they can dish it, they can dang well take it.
They'll be alright. I'm sure of it. 👍

Drop the ban hammer. Idc.

Not a single thing I said in my long post was confrontational - until that post with the Barbie Batfleck. I just want Hot Toys to do better with this release, as they are absolutely capable of it.

People being happy with anything they put out, regardless of quality, only makes them complacent. It’s happened before, and it’ll happen again. There have been too many times where Hot Toys has released mediocrity when they could’ve done so much better - take all of their Doc Brown figures for example. BvS Superman’s head being reused three times for three different movies, where he had visibly different looks/hair styling in each.

And this figure just needs minor adjustments here and there - not a single thing Hot Toys isn’t capable of. The likeness is definitely great, masked and unmasked. I love that the angry face captures his look beating that dude in the warehouse. My issues lie with the costuming itself. Batfleck is my favorite live action Batman, and I’ve poured over tons of different reference material since I love the suit and gadgets they gave him. It’s disappointing to see Hot Toys, a gigantic company with access to way more reference material than us, cheaps out on some of these details they used to pride themselves on.

Would you be happy or disappointed to see Hot Toys revise this figure and improve it?

I'd love not to spend time reading a wall of txt.

Maybe learn to articulate your points of view in a more condensed form. Jesus christ. If I wanted to read a novel I'd do just that.

Anyway, I'll read this later.
All that because reading 9 sentences was just too taxing.

Tell me you have TikTok brain without telling me…

Back