1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman - Batman (2.0) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the long neck there just on the articulated cowl or both?

As awesome as the deluxe base is I know it's something I'd rarely use after a few initial pics.

Because you're assuming that these inaccuracies YOU see, are "poke you in your eye" obvious to everyone. I'm here to tell ya, they are most certainly not.

I know that isn't what you want to hear and I can totally sympathize with your position. But that doesn't change the fact the some folks simply DO NOT notice it. Their eye is not immediately drawn to it.

And that is just a fact. Not an opinion.

If it sticks out visually to a degree that it isn't liked is simply subjective. That's the truth. For me, personally - it's likeness. For others, it's abs ect.
I do think that these things should be critiqued within an inch of their lives to get them as accurate as possible. I do think you are correct though, some people don't see these things. One of the reasons I can 100% believe this is they spend $350 on said figure, it can be an almost perfect 1/6 representation of the character and then they throw up some god awful T-pose making this life-like work of art look like a cheap piece of plastic then post pictures of it on the internet.

Not a single thing I said in my long post was confrontational - until that post with the Barbie Batfleck. I just want Hot Toys to do better with this release, as they are absolutely capable of it.

People being happy with anything they put out, regardless of quality, only makes them complacent. It’s happened before, and it’ll happen again. There have been too many times where Hot Toys has released mediocrity when they could’ve done so much better - take all of their Doc Brown figures for example. BvS Superman’s head being reused three times for three different movies, where he had visibly different looks/hair styling in each.

And this figure just needs minor adjustments here and there - not a single thing Hot Toys isn’t capable of. The likeness is definitely great, masked and unmasked. I love that the angry face captures his look beating that dude in the warehouse. My issues lie with the costuming itself. Batfleck is my favorite live action Batman, and I’ve poured over tons of different reference material since I love the suit and gadgets they gave him. It’s disappointing to see Hot Toys, a gigantic company with access to way more reference material than us, cheaps out on some of these details they used to pride themselves on.

Would you be happy or disappointed to see Hot Toys revise this figure and improve it?
They can still improve it and make it better as its probably a 2025 release. I think its abit harsh to say something is mediocre when its still ages away until its in our hands.

But Imo they have improved it, they didn't need to make a 2.0 but here we are. Alot of others here are happy with what HT's has shown so far of this figure, and since I missed the 1.0 , I'm more than happy to take this 2.0 as it is. Those promo shots were just so amazing to me and that diorama base looked so cool, I think this this will be a standout figure with the presence this will bring.

Maybe me being happy with how this figure looks makes me "brain dead" as somehow has said here, but cant we just accept that some ppl are happy with how it looks? I'm not saying that we have to be happy with everything they put out and just accept it, but we don't have to always be so negative and fight here in this toy forum.

Maybe the 3.0 later down the line or IA will save us all. But achieving perfection in every area is just unrealistic and must make collecting miserable if we nitpick everything. I think we should all just chill and be happy that we're in a position to be collecting at all.

Last edited:
On both unfortunately.
Well that sucks. I'll wait to see if they fix it before ordering then. I'm okay with the rest of the figure but that neck just ruins the look for me. Unless I get it to display purely with the Bruce head.

thats the thing with hot toys and luckily lol they have competition with inart because they both have DC. cant say the same for marvel and star wars. if they can churn out crap for those 2 IPs, they'll likely cut corners and very well do so.

you never know with someone like hot toys whether they'll swallow the pill and actually try to improve their figure or just churn out a below-average figure and call it a day because people just buy it and accept all flaws because its "hot toys, they make good and expensive products" even though i know just about everyone i talk to has swapped that crappy ass paper like material for the 1.0 batfleck

I was checking out the details on this figure. As an upgrade, the new cowl and the wired cape are interesting, but only includes with the deluxe? Wtf. And I'm a little iffy on the new cowl. It only says it is rotatable. I have no interest in a swivel joint had.

No ones mentioned it but the most important additions for me on this is

1. The shoulder size & definition

And more importantly

2. Those wrinkles!

It may seem like a small detail but it really helps for the believability and making him look buff
IMG_9129.jpeg
IMG_0319.jpeg

No ones mentioned it but the most important additions for me on this is

1. The shoulder size & definition

And more importantly

2. Those wrinkles!

It may seem like a small detail but it really helps for the believability and making him look buff
View attachment 683190View attachment 683191
Brother top image is of his test suit which was made after the audition suit, not the final bulky one used in the movie. Have a look at this. Notice the difference specially in his neck, shoulders and torso.

Attachments

• images (11) (22).jpeg
    images (11) (22).jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
And this was the one I helped creating. Still missed out a lot of details as the sculptor stopped updating it because it already took him 1 and a half year and the customers started to get angry. Hope Inart nails this take of Batman, it's my most fav ❤️
mmexport1697175441402.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
Ultimately, this new HT figure is a miss. They should hire these custom sculptors, their preorders would skyrocket because I still don't think they understand that the headsculpt is crucial in a collector's decision making process.

And this was the one I helped creating. Still missed out a lot of details as the sculptor stopped updating it because it already took him 1 and a half year and the customers started to get angry. Hope Inart nails this take of Batman, it's my most fav ❤️View attachment 683241
my favorite. looks like ben underneath the mask

do not like twn's figure he shared though. that's literally fat man

Back