1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean was spitting venom! But, I don't blame him at all. Hot Toys is lazy when it comes to DC. Yet another reissue, yet they leave so many figures off the table (btw this is the 2 year anniversary of the Shazam figure tease). I predict in about 5 years I won't even be buying Hot Toys anymore. High prices and rising, lack of unique figures plus the 3rd party companies actually taking the risks and producing what HT won't AND kitbashing my own...yeah Hot Toys you are now just like a cable company.

My guess is that if we were to see Hot Toy's internal sales numbers, we would see that DC figures don't sell anywhere near as much as Marvel and Star Wars.

It's not about being "lazy," it's about practical business decisions. Whether we like it or not, having to chose between a Cyborg figure, which may sell 5,000 units or a Mandalorian figure that may sell 20,000 units is not a hard choice for a business to make.

Re-releasing Nolan Batman figures may be them trying to test the waters and gauge interest in a low risk manner. The newest Harvey Dent figure (which was an entirely new figure and sculpt) is still available from SS almost two years later, which would indicate that it did not sell well at all.

My guess is that if we were to see Hot Toy's internal sales numbers, we would see that DC figures don't sell anywhere near as much as Marvel and Star Wars.

It's not about being "lazy," it's about practical business decisions. Whether we like it or not, having to chose between a Cyborg figure, which may sell 5,000 units or a Mandalorian figure that may sell 20,000 units is not a hard choice for a business to make.

Re-releasing Nolan Batman figures may be them trying to test the waters and gauge interest in a low risk manner. The newest Harvey Dent figure (which was an entirely new figure and sculpt) is still available from SS almost two years later, which would indicate that it did not sell well at all.

Yeah but they can't 'test the waters' with a completely rehashed figure and then, off the back of that, make a brand new one shortly thereafter because that would rightly piss people the hell off. :dunno

I wasn't born during the pandemic, I know all about sales and numbers. Hot Toys has made enough money by now to take some risks on something new every now and again. That's like billionaires being scared to lose money - bro....you're still a billionaire!

Re: Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Is it asking for your credit card info when you checkout on a waitlist?

I have been ordering from Timewalker for so long, I already have my info on file so I have not previously given it much thought.

My experience with TW stretches back about 7 years and they are reputable store with excellent customer service. The owner (Steven) is a real stand up guy.

Timewalker and their stock is at the whim of what SSC decides to distribute to them so that is why a lot of new Hot Toys preorders get waitlisted quickly.

I forgot exactly how SSC handles waitlist but from what I recall with Timewalker, you are not required to give a deposit and you will not get charged for a waitlist item. Usually, Timewalker will notify me via email or phone call if they can convert a waitlist to a solid order.

I am trying to think of couple recent waitlist experiences:

A few months ago, someone cancelled their PCS 1:3 statue. The owner notified me via email just to make sure I still wanted it and then billed my card.

I was on the waitlist for a Hot Toys figure and the owner called me to tell me they could fulfill the order.

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, it's asking for my credit card info.

Maybe I'm just a newb on the website, but it seems the only way to get on the waitlist is to checkout with the figure in my cart. I don't see a separate box to simply enter my contact info. It is requiring me to checkout as if I was actually going to purchase the item (even though it's not in stock), asking me to input shipping and credit card info...so I find that whole process to be eyebrow raising.

I know Timewalker is a reputable vendor since I see many collectors purchase from them, but it just seems peculiar to me so I wanted to double check before forking over all my info. Because the last thing I want to do is be committed to ordering from them, just in case another vendor's wait list opens up before Timewalker's, ya know?

I just hope HT revisit other older franchises. Predator, Alien/Aliens & Terminator pls. Still waiting for a T1 Sarah Connor. :impatient: I would rather HT complete some other lines, then just go for rehashes but obviously the Predator/Aliens lines could do with an update. I hate to say it, as I am like the millionth to say it, but where is Ra's Al Ghul already! :lol

Last edited:
I just hope Hot Toys decide to go for a re-release Back to the Future Delorean with Marty while they're at it.

This pic was from one of the freaks setups.

So iconic !!

back to the future display delorean.jpg

I completely agree with you about the Cyborg vs. Madalorian decision - that's just economics. Makes complete sense, and you really can't fault them for that.

I think where the "lazy" comment came in was regarding their attention to detail on this particular figure. This is their fifth time at the plate and they always seem to swing and whiff - and it's the same stuff over and over again. You would think they would take some of the apparent wisdom they use with their product selection and maybe make the same figure progressively better, even just a little bit. If they're in it just for the profit, and they're going to release the same figure again, at least pretend to be responsive to the feedback from the preceding four figures and get your current customers excited to pick one up. It's been proven that it's far cheaper to sell to your existing customers, than to go out and get new ones.

It just comes across as a really poorly planned money grab.

I'd love to get the Tumbler, or any HT vehicle really, but space is so limited unfortunately. Though if they do ever re-release the delorean.......man I might have to put away some statues and buy it.

Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, it's asking for my credit card info.

Maybe I'm just a newb on the website, but it seems the only way to get on the waitlist is to checkout with the figure in my cart. I don't see a separate box to simply enter my contact info. It is requiring me to checkout as if I was actually going to purchase the item (even though it's not in stock), asking me to input shipping and credit card info...so I find that whole process to be eyebrow raising.

I know Timewalker is a reputable vendor since I see many collectors purchase from them, but it just seems peculiar to me so I wanted to double check before forking over all my info. Because the last thing I want to do is be committed to ordering from them, just in case another vendor's wait list opens up before Timewalker's, ya know?

Like I mentioned earlier, I can only speak from my own personal experience but a Waitlist from Timewalker has never been a commitment - they contact me to confirm before billing.

Actually, I am recollecting now one instance of a 3rd party figure that I was on the waitlist. TW contacted me when the figure was released to inform me they had extra but I told them not to go through with the order (after watching subpar reviews on YouTube) - so there was never a commitment.

Not sure if that puts your mind at ease but I definitely understand where you are coming from about giving your payment info and believing it might be a commitment.

Perhaps you can contact TW just to clarify what their waitlist policy is? Or just order somewhere else where your payment info is not required.

With Sideshow waitlist, I recall they give you a week to decide if you want to commit. If you ignore the notification, you will not get charged and your waitlist is automatically canceled.

I'd love to get the Tumbler, or any HT vehicle really, but space is so limited unfortunately. Though if they do ever re-release the delorean.......man I might have to put away some statues and buy it.

The Delorean is relatively small and not a huge space hog, at least relative to the Batmobile 89 or Ecto-1.

I have not seen the Tumbler in person but I am glad it is being re-released despite the lazy effort being made by Hot Toys.

I preordered some display cases for all these vehicles so that I can finally get them off the floor (and out of the dust) for proper showcasing.

I just hope Hot Toys decide to go for a re-release Back to the Future Delorean with Marty while they're at it.

This pic was from one of the freaks setups.

So iconic !!

View attachment 509889

I know it usually/always means nothing, but Hot Toys making new BttF cosbabys was interesting since I didn't think they still had the license at all. They've got Lloyd and Fox's likeness licenses before and they're both doing NECA's too (and Tom Wilson at least also). I'd love a re-release if that ever happened.

Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

I know it usually/always means nothing, but Hot Toys making new BttF cosbabys was interesting since I didn't think they still had the license at all. They've got Lloyd and Fox's likeness licenses before and they're both doing NECA's too (and Tom Wilson at least also). I'd love a re-release if that ever happened.

With Hot Toys, I learned to never get my hopes up. [emoji38] but sometimes they surprise me like with the Val Kilmer Batman and the bulging Robin - BatmanForever figures.

Hot Toys released a bunch of cosbabys for characters that never saw the light of day in 1/6 scale - for example, Catwoman and Penguin from Batman Returns. So I am pessimistic about a proper Biff or other BTTF 1/6 figures in the future.

Obviously there is less R&D involved to pump out a simple and cheap cosbaby (compared to a 1/6 figure) but I wonder if Hot Toys can skirt around getting the rights to the likeness of an actor since cosbabys are more of a caricature.

I have the Tumbler on pre-order and I have absolutely no clue where I am going to put it. There is definitely no room in my office, where I keep all this stuff.

Like I mentioned earlier, I can only speak from my own personal experience but a Waitlist from Timewalker has never been a commitment - they contact me to confirm before billing.

Actually, I am recollecting now one instance of a 3rd party figure that I was on the waitlist. TW contacted me when the figure was released to inform me they had extra but I told them not to go through with the order (after watching subpar reviews on YouTube) - so there was never a commitment.

Not sure if that puts your mind at ease but I definitely understand where you are coming from about giving your payment info and believing it might be a commitment.

Perhaps you can contact TW just to clarify what their waitlist policy is? Or just order somewhere else where your payment info is not required.

With Sideshow waitlist, I recall they give you a week to decide if you want to commit. If you ignore the notification, you will not get charged and your waitlist is automatically canceled.

Understood. I appreciate your insight on all this man! I think I may go through with the Timewalker waitlist then. :hi5:

Not a week anymore. I had 3 days to decide on a recent waitlisted item from Sideshow (Tiger stripe Wolverine EX). Oddly enough it's still a waitlisted item so I guess no one took my spot :lol

I know the re-releases are getting old for a lot of people but I got kinda excited for this one because I sold my BB figure off a long time ago and want to get one back. Of course I had it in my mind that it would be upgraded. So when I saw the cowl sculpt I couldn't help but be disappointed. I mean seriously? The same one they've used for all the previous ones? The neck and general sculpt that everyone complained about and/or modified? Not to mention the customs that have come out the 5 or so years that have crushed this thing. Ill probably buy it and only keep the base figure and sell off the sculpt and most other items and just pick up one of those killer customs that I've seen around.

And yeah, the derp mouth is hilarious and the best thing ever.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back