1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wished the Tumbler was updated instead of a simple reissue. The plastic color is too glossy and the cockpit is laughably toyish, compared that to the Delorean which was the last 1/6 vehicle and you can see the years of experience was put to good use. It's not a deal breaker, but I'd love to be surprised if there are improvements made.

This is sort of an odd question. But, can anyone who owns both the Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler and the Hot Wheels Elite Tumbler tell me how they compare to each other (and which you prefer)? I have the Elite Tumbler, and it's got a nice mixture of die-cast metal and plastic parts. It's a much smaller scale, though (1/18 compared to 1/6 for Hot Toys).

I agree with everything people have talked about, too little accessoires, rerelease, long neck etc.
My personal issue as a fan looking for his first Batman figure, is primarily the long neck. I wouldnt put this suit in extreme poses, not because of the wear and tear, but just how awkward the suit looks, in movie and figure. He looks the best if the cape drapes over both his shoulders on the front.

Had the DX19 pre ordered but decide to cancel it for the Knightmare Batman, but then I realised it is a 2 pack. Such a shame, such a sleazy move for a top tier company. Sure at the end of the day it is a business, still doesnt make it right in my opinion.

After seeing the incredible ZSJL, it was amazing to see how SPOILER SPOILER Batman was still Batman, even during the end of the world. In contrary to Baleman, he sees Batman as something he has to overcome. Batman should stay Batman.

Now I am really fixated on this, because this is Batman at his prime for me of the Nolan trilogy. I didnt think this will be announced so soon after the DX19 if at all.
Ill wait till they maybe announce a DX version of this in the future, and otherwise Ill pre order this before my reward points expire.

Especially since I?ve seen this picture on the other sub.

317c291f112716750ed9db3d23cb17e6.jpg

The only counter argument I have for Hot Toys for rereleasing the guy like he is, is they dont want to upset the previous collectors, because this would almost force them to buy another BB figure. But I?m probably giving HT the benefit of the doubt.

The only counter argument I have for Hot Toys for rereleasing the guy like he is, is they dont want to upset the previous collectors, because this would almost force them to buy another BB figure. But I?m probably giving HT the benefit of the doubt.

That's never stopped them with Iron Man.

Yeah that logic makes no sense, mainly because no one would want to get an outdated figure over a new and improved version. Though the changes on this isn't even that big of a change. If they make a new cowl with face plates and add the other important accessories like the grapple gun and other items then that would be ideal.

Yeah that logic makes no sense, mainly because no one would want to get an outdated figure over a new and improved version. Though the changes on this isn't even that big of a change. If they make a new cowl with face plates and add the other important accessories like the grapple gun and other items then that would be ideal.

Agreed. One the one side, as a Batman Hot toy fan, there is so much crazy stuff coming. On the other hand, the Batfleck comes in a 2 pack, Baleman BB suit looks terrible.

If I remember correctly, the PS4 Spidey made a DRASTIC change from the first pictures to end product. Even if you try to buy it now, it is still the first pictures of the figure.

Maybe this could be the same thing? I seriously think they are trolling with us.

e9be0a212726d47b15565bf517cb0e03.jpg

Are Batman Cowls made out of the same materials as a headsculpt? If so, I can imagine a Cowl would be way easier to paint/mold then a normal head, especially if it is such a important part of the suit.

I think have to cave in and order this guy, because frankly, whether or not they release him like this, after I?ve seen what I can transform him into with better 3rd party parts, first time owners don?t have a choice.

Agreed. One the one side, as a Batman Hot toy fan, there is so much crazy stuff coming. On the other hand, the Batfleck comes in a 2 pack, Baleman BB suit looks terrible.

If I remember correctly, the PS4 Spidey made a DRASTIC change from the first pictures to end product. Even if you try to buy it now, it is still the first pictures of the figure.

Maybe this could be the same thing? I seriously think they are trolling with us.

e9be0a212726d47b15565bf517cb0e03.jpg

Are Batman Cowls made out of the same materials as a headsculpt? If so, I can imagine a Cowl would be way easier to paint/mold then a normal head, especially if it is such a important part of the suit.

I think have to cave in and order this guy, because frankly, whether or not they release him like this, after I?ve seen what I can transform him into with better 3rd party parts, first time owners don?t have a choice.
Exactly. For me as I've stated a few times for new collectors or people who actually weren't able to get the first version, getting this now is a good oppurtunity to own this version. Although many people have their issues, and some have complained over this on their youtube channels, it's all in the end pointless, because HT will do what they feel like doing for this release. If what we see is all we get there are artist who do amazing custom cowls and capes, so doing a quick switch wouldn't be an issue.
I usually never listen to what others say because you can judge something for yourself, so when a youtuber says "this is a lazy release you shouldn't buy this because it supports HT behavior etc". Take it it with a grain salt because maybe it will be a better piece for you in hand, and missing out due to listening to what others say never goes well.

I mean, it looks awful whether it's a re-use or not. You don't need a YouTuber to tell you that.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Hmm, it does seem peculiar to "re-release" a much older figure (albeit with a few new added parts) especially with how it contrasts to the newer to-date products. Then again the DX19 has the similar suit/base/accessories as the Armory and DX12 figures. Well for me it'd make better sense if they simply downscaled the 1/4 BB figure, but alas..

This is sort of an odd question. But, can anyone who owns both the Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler and the Hot Wheels Elite Tumbler tell me how they compare to each other (and which you prefer)? I have the Elite Tumbler, and it's got a nice mixture of die-cast metal and plastic parts. It's a much smaller scale, though (1/18 compared to 1/6 for Hot Toys).

I have both. I swapped the front tires on the Elite for better scaled ones but it?s still way off. It?s wildly inaccurate and most of the proportions are off as well as it being generally too shiny.

The Hot Toys version is near perfect IMO. Someone just above you complained it?s too glossy. No clue what they?re talking about. The finish is 100% accurate. I?d say it sits somewhere between the flattest and shiniest it looks on screen. Some of the stills of it in the Bat Bunker make it look very flat but in begins it looks almost satin black in some scenes. I?d say the Hot Toys splits that difference and is perfect finish wise.

If I have to nit pick the Hot Toys I?d say that the silver rim on the rear wheels and slight lack of detail on the interior are my only complaints. It would be nice if it had lights and more precision inside but it?s still pretty accurate especially since most people will display it closed. I?ve seen some say the main windscreen is too vertical but I don?t really see it. I think it depends on how patient you are with setting up the closure.

I agree with everything people have talked about, too little accessoires, rerelease, long neck etc.
My personal issue as a fan looking for his first Batman figure, is primarily the long neck. I wouldnt put this suit in extreme poses, not because of the wear and tear, but just how awkward the suit looks, in movie and figure. He looks the best if the cape drapes over both his shoulders on the front.

Had the DX19 pre ordered but decide to cancel it for the Knightmare Batman, but then I realised it is a 2 pack. Such a shame, such a sleazy move for a top tier company. Sure at the end of the day it is a business, still doesnt make it right in my opinion.

After seeing the incredible ZSJL, it was amazing to see how SPOILER SPOILER Batman was still Batman, even during the end of the world. In contrary to Baleman, he sees Batman as something he has to overcome. Batman should stay Batman.

Hard disagree on your interpretation (I?d argue misinterpretation) of TDK Batman. Batman was a tool to inspire change, not a burden, and not something he did for 20+ years out of anger/vanity with no results to speak of. He was Batman every time Gotham needed him.

Any version of Justice League Batman comes across very emotionally needy and openly lonely. Seeing Batman act so desperate to be liked is really off putting and out of character to me.

I have both. I swapped the front tires on the Elite for better scaled ones but it?s still way off. It?s wildly inaccurate and most of the proportions are off as well as it being generally too shiny.

The Hot Toys version is near perfect IMO. Someone just above you complained it?s too glossy. No clue what they?re talking about. The finish is 100% accurate. I?d say it sits somewhere between the flattest and shiniest it looks on screen. Some of the stills of it in the Bat Bunker make it look very flat but in begins it looks almost satin black in some scenes. I?d say the Hot Toys splits that difference and is perfect finish wise.

If I have to nit pick the Hot Toys I?d say that the silver rim on the rear wheels and slight lack of detail on the interior are my only complaints. It would be nice if it had lights and more precision inside but it?s still pretty accurate especially since most people will display it closed. I?ve seen some say the main windscreen is too vertical but I don?t really see it. I think it depends on how patient you are with setting up the closure.

Thanks for in-depth info! :duff Yeah, the Elite Tumbler is almost too shiny, and I never considered the proportions. I've been mulling over pre-ordering the Hot Toys Tumbler for the last couple of weeks and finally did it a few days ago.

Hard disagree on your interpretation (I?d argue misinterpretation) of TDK Batman. Batman was a tool to inspire change, not a burden, and not something he did for 20+ years out of anger/vanity with no results to speak of. He was Batman every time Gotham needed him.

Any version of Justice League Batman comes across very emotionally needy and openly lonely. Seeing Batman act so desperate to be liked is really off putting and out of character to me.

Disagreeing is fine mate, makes for interesting discussions. I agree Batman is supposed to inspire change, not a burden, aka a symbol. Incorruptible.

But the small issue for me during Rises, you could tell Nolan was trying to make Bruce step away from his persona Batman because it was taking a burden on him as Bruce. Which makes sense for his trilogy.

I think Batman should always be Batman and not Bruce Wayne. Don?t get me wrong, it makes for a great ending, knowing Bruce finally can live his life.

Your opinion about Batfleck I can understand. He expresses himself more than Baleman, in and out of the suit. What I respect about the Batfleck or let me say, what I respect about Snyder, is the fact he is trying to push the boundaries of the heroes, instead of letting the heroes hold on to their morals 24/7, forcing them in a box where the character doesnt really get challenged fundamentally.

Maybe because ZSJL is fresh and Im slightly biased, but then again, I also enjoyed BvS...

For anyone interested I am producing an accurate custom sculpt that will fit any HT ?Begins? suit release.

I have some final sizing and detail tests on my printer now and hope to have a final prototype soon. It has three swappable chins and is based on the Enterbay sculpt with a lot of modification by me in Zbrush. You can view more details and back the project with a refundable deposit at my website: shopotcustoms.com

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CkkMaEbypEoNNZnG6

Your opinion about Batfleck I can understand. He expresses himself more than Baleman, in and out of the suit. What I respect about the Batfleck or let me say, what I respect about Snyder, is the fact he is trying to push the boundaries of the heroes, instead of letting the heroes hold on to their morals 24/7, forcing them in a box where the character doesnt really get challenged fundamentally.

Maybe because ZSJL is fresh and Im slightly biased, but then again, I also enjoyed BvS...

Affleck?s only expression in the suit was bewilderment. Every time he?s on screen, especially in JL, it looks like he just found out he?s playing Batman.

I really hope this idea that Snyder was ?deconstructing? the characters and making conscious decisions about their morality dies down. He?s explicitly stated he didn?t think anyone would care about Batman blasting people to bits because ?it was the car that blew up, they were in my way?. And justified having Batman kill based on someone on set explaining to him, incorrectly, a panel from TDKReturns.

Affleck?s only expression in the suit was bewilderment. Every time he?s on screen, especially in JL, it looks like he just found out he?s playing Batman.

I really hope this idea that Snyder was ?deconstructing? the characters and making conscious decisions about their morality dies down. He?s explicitly stated he didn?t think anyone would care about Batman blasting people to bits because ?it was the car that blew up, they were in my way?. And justified having Batman kill based on someone on set explaining to him, incorrectly, a panel from TDKReturns.
The purpose of deconstructing a character is to reveal something about them, and while I guess you can say Snyder revealed something about his version of Batman, it's primarily that his version of Batman is an awful person.

One theme that travels through all three Nolan movies (the central component of of his version of the character, I would argue) is whether Bruce is doing what he does for Gotham, or for himself. It's something he struggles with in each movie. The clearest way this struggle resolves is in Bruce's decision not to become a revenge killer, or as it is written, not "become an executioner."

We see that Batman is willing to kill in battle, but his stance goes back to how he understands the problem: he once had a plot to kill a man, not in defence of himself or others, but because it would make Bruce feel better--and somebody chewed him out because that would be a selfish and bankrupt thing to do, that contributes nothing to the welfare of the city. This is the lesson Bruce carries forward, not a rule against the use of lethal force, but a belief about lethal punishment.

Snyder's Batman also has a plot to kill someone purely to make himself feel better, and... That's it, basically. He eventually decides not to do it, not because he realizes it's wrong, but because his enemy makes a plea that humanizes him in Batman's eyes, preventing Batman from seeing him as a dangerous "other." So in the end Batman only relents because killing Superman would no longer make him feel better, not because he understands his own actions and their place in any sort of moral continuum. Batman remains a terrible person, but fortunately everyone forgives him by the next movie instead of sending him to jail where he belongs.

Sure, you could say it deconstructed the character, but if we're committing to what that deconstruction reveals, well, it did not reveal a redemption story, but rather a dangerous villain who needs to be stopped.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

If we were talking about Josstice League, I have to agree, but ZSJL made a 180 for me.

Regardles, comparing Baleman to Batfleck is like apples and oranges but still fun to compare.

I agreed Batman killing those people after the Martha scene went too far. Most of the kills I could tolerate, like the guy whos head got smashed into the wall, the guy who blew himself up after pulling the pin on a grenade, even the end kill with the flamethrower guy makes sense, because its either him or Martha.

Ill kill her, believe me Ill do it!

Which Batman responds with;

I believe you.

Then he shoots the ****ing gastank, which is for me such a Batman thing to do.

My biggest issue though is when he ****ing used a minigun to demolish the people before the warehouse scene. Terrible.

Ive seen the video about Snyder not caring about Batman killing people especially during the Batmobile scene. That scene does irk me, but regardless, he made a clear decision to show the violent side of the consequences during the chase scene instead of the technical way. I applaud and respect him for taking the risk.

(I suddenly remembered, during the Batmobile scene he also used his minigun to destroy a car, big no no)

That whole scene is also trying to show how the batmobile is a force of nature until Superman shows up, and took out the batmobile by just standing there.

For anyone interested I am producing an accurate custom sculpt that will fit any HT ?Begins? suit release.

I have some final sizing and detail tests on my printer now and hope to have a final prototype soon. It has three swappable chins and is based on the Enterbay sculpt with a lot of modification by me in Zbrush. You can view more details and back the project with a refundable deposit at my website: shopotcustoms.com

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CkkMaEbypEoNNZnG6

Looks amazing! Followed you on Instagram, if they dont change the figure Ill hit you up if this guy releases!

Does this come painted? Whats the price?

Back