Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m more optimistic than most - let me see the product and then decide if this was worth it - but it’s just so weird. I’m not a Snyder fan, but even I think where things stand with the Snyderverse crew and creators is just… WEIRD.

Cavill out. New younger Superman in. The black Superman film is also still moving forward.

Ben is out as Batman, but they want him to direct? Pattinson’s Batman still a thing, but separate?

Aquaman 2 next year, but Momoa trading roles for Lobo afterward? Affleck Batman cameo?

Wonder Woman 3 cancelled, Jenkins gone, Gadot still around?

Batgirl cancelled, Keaton appearance a no-show.

Flashpoint still happening, Keaton still in, Ezra dropped afterward?

Black Adam sequel dead. Superman cameo meaningless. Shazam crossover unlikely.

Cyborg film deader than dead. Fisher still blacklisted.

Gunn directed The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker. Carrying over, or scrapped with the full-on reboot?

Zaslav announcing $800 million more write-offs coming.

Just… a mess. A complete and utter mess. We could get great films from the ashes of this fire, but right now it’s just a raging inferno.

Last edited:
I’m more optimistic than most - let my see the product and then decide if this was worth it - but it’s just so weird. I’m not a Snyder fan, but even I think where things stand with the Snyderverse crew and creators is just… WEIRD.

Cavill out. New younger Superman in. The black Superman film is also still moving forward.

Ben is out as Batman, but they want him to direct? Pattinson’s Batman still a thing, but separate?

Aquaman 2 next year, but Momoa trading roles for Lobo afterward? Affleck Batman cameo?

Gunn directed The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker. Carrying over, or scrapped with the full-on reboot?

Just… a mess. A complete and utter mess. We could get great films from the ashes of this fire, but right now it’s just a raging inferno.
That’s a great breakdown it’s a convoluted mess unlike any franchise ever seen.

Even crappy Phase 4 makes a ton more sense when compared to that WB breakdown lol

I’m more optimistic than most - let me see the product and then decide if this was worth it - but it’s just so weird. I’m not a Snyder fan, but even I think where things stand with the Snyderverse crew and creators is just… WEIRD.

What a complete disaster I don't see how they think kicking Henry out at this time is a good idea, keep him around for one more solo movie at least.

So wait wait wait….

Black Adam starts tomorrow on HBO MAX.

Are they removing Cavill from that?

That end credits literally promises a match up between the 2!

That is going up AFTER they REMOVED HIM AS SUPERMAN!

AFTER!

AFFFFFTER!

WB i’m good i’ll just see my way out ok thank you…

1671123358265.gif

That's not helping your case, unless this would be a film aimed at little kids.
Eh, I don't see how it's any sillier than most cape stuff. He's a smart guy so he built duplicates in order to fulfill all of his duties. I find that stuff neat (see Doombots and Nick Fury's LMDs), although I suppose it can come off kinda corny if not done properly.

To be fair, the movies have never had Superman be as OP as the comics or cartoons, certainly not his 'ultramegagigabrain'. I think for the most part his power levels have been fine.
You're right on that. I was talking more in general terms, and focused on the comics. Take away the extreme speed, and DCEU Superman wasn't OP. My problem is that if you max every stat, including intelligence and resources, then he makes everyone else redundant. But in the movies they do downplay the intelligence and make him just a normal smart guy not much above the norm, so I suppose that's one of my issues dealt with.

So wait wait wait….

Black Adam starts tomorrow on HBO MAX.

Are they removing Cavill from that?

That end credits literally promises a match up between the 2!

That is going up AFTER they REMOVED HIM AS SUPERMAN!

AFTER!

AFFFFFTER!

WB i’m good i’ll just see my way out ok thank you…

View attachment 613009
The hierarchy of power in the DC universe is about to change!… wait, no, no not like that!
43n9ef.jpg

They will not do a black Clark Kent. That is not to say they won’t do a black Superman, but if they are doing Kent at the Planet then he will be white. Zazlav, and by extension Gunn as he was specifically hired by Zazlav, are in the business of making money.

Whether people want to acknowledge wokeness, incompetence, or whatever DC (and Marvel) have been doing with diminishing returns the past few years, the new regime is looking for increasing profit, at least that’s the indication we have so far based on firings and shut downs (WB TV).

The simple fact is a black Clark Kent would be a franchise killer, not starter. He is too well known a character to garner large audience support as race changed. Plus Asian countries.

The simple fact is a black Clark Kent would be a franchise killer, not starter. He is too well known a character to garner large audience support as race changed. Plus Asian countries.
WB: “we hear you loud and clear. Kong Kenan is the future. China box office, here we come!”
9-Reasons-Why-DCs-next-Superman-Should-Be-Kong-Kenan.jpg

Last edited:
It’s refreshing to see that so many people feel the way that we do about the Cavill news. This does not bode well at all for the new “DCU.” Zaslav putting way to much faith in Gunn right now. It’ll be interesting to see what they do when this new Superman film isn’t a huge hit like they thought it would be. Another reboot? :lol

It’s refreshing to see that so many people feel the way that we do about the Cavill news. This does not bode well at all for the new “DCU.” Zaslav putting way to much faith in Gunn right now. It’ll be interesting to see what they do when this new Superman film isn’t a huge hit like they thought it would be. Another reboot? :lol
If it sucks than that will be the end of WB probably.

Ah well, it is what it is.
I still don't quite understand why they wouldn't want to carry on with the actors from the Snyderverse, since they were never an issue with any part of The Fandom. I think this is just an ego trip from Gunn. He wants his cast, his ideas, his tone and damn the rest. Also, it makes me think that he wants a radically different tone for his DCU, which would mandate a different cast.
But yeah, if they weren't going to give closure to Snyder's story-arc, it made zero sense to keep the cast, or parts of the cast. I mean, what are you going to do: have Cavill and Gadot but a different Batman? That would never work. So I guess it was either Snyderverse or Gunnverse, and it does make sense that they would go with Gunnverse...
Whatever.
I'll just wait for the first trailer in a couple of years and see if I find it interesting.

To be perfectly honest, there were fans who said literally the exact same thing about The Batman when it was announced Affleck wouldn't be in it, and then it wound up doing fine and is already getting a sequel and several spin-offs.

Superman existed before Henry Cavill and is going to exist long after Henry Cavill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back