Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't start collecting until after Snyder had left. I collected the JL pieces because I believed in his version and what it could have been. It is a goddamn shame it's not getting finished but it doesn't take away what we did get. An amazing trilogy. My collection reflects those movies.

Yeah, more or less the same for me actually. My first preorder of a 1/6 figure was Hot Toys Battle Damaged Armored BvS Batman in October 2017. I think Zack Snyder exited in early May 2017 if memory serves.

MoS/BvS/ZSJL is tied for my personal favorite film trilogy of all time alongside Peter Jackson's LotR. But as we're saying there's a sense of loss about it now that it'll take a while to digest.

A sliver of a silver lining is that my blog article about ZSJL holds up at least! Small consolation, though.

https://thesnyderverse.com/zsjl-a-mesmerizing-unification-of-reconstruction-and-elegy/

Don't see how Henry is "way" too old for the part, how old was Robert Downey Jr when he ended his run? 54 or something?

What a disgusting way to treat someone! Tell him to announce his return and then new management comes in and tells him they don't want him anymore.
They easily could have continued the Universe on with a few changes. What is the point of their upcoming movies like Flash and Aquaman? They might as well scrap them like Batgirl and write it off as a loss. Do a reboot in 10 years time. This is such a stupid idea.

He's got robots for that.
That's not helping your case, unless this would be a film aimed at little kids.

To be fair, the movies have never had Superman be as OP as the comics or cartoons, certainly not his 'ultramegagigabrain'. I think for the most part his power levels have been fine.

He said it is not an origin story at all. Superman will be in his year one or two probably which is fine. Cavil sadly is way too old for an other 10 years. We will see how it goes but I think it is for the better. The Snyderverse was a faliure all in all. Or more like the DCEU as a whole. I know it is a wishful thinking to get Henry back but Henry is from the overall bad era and sadly if they want any goodwill back they need to start all over again.

I think Gunn watching the universe as a whole. I like Cavil but this is for the best. And yeah the timing of the annuncment is a little weird but it had to be made right now because the shitstorm has to die down before the new start.

As you could probably guess, I disagree. The Snydverse was in fact roaringly success as art for I would estimate about roughly half of the hardcore fandom. That half of the fandom absolutely loved Snyder's more adult take to superhero mythology. It set a new standard for the genre for those fans that appreciate it. And I don't see that toothpaste ever getting put back into the tube.

The half that didn't cotton to what Snyder did will typically dismiss what I'm saying here, or minimize it, etc. There's nothing I can do about that, and I'm not out to change anyone's mind (especially when those minds are so strongly made up by now). But I think roughly half of the devoted fanbase liking or loving the Snyderverse is a pretty fair estimate. It's a large and very substantial portion of the devoted DC fanbase at any rate. Note this poll at the DC_Cinematic subreddit from a year ago, where haters of the Snyderverse are highly vocal (and how):

Don't see how Henry is "way" too old for the part, how old was Robert Downey Jr when he ended his run? 54 or something?

What a disgusting way to treat someone! Tell him to announce his return and then new management comes in and tells him they don't want him anymore.
They easily could have continued the Universe on with a few changes. What is the point of their upcoming movies like Flash and Aquaman? They might as well scrap them like Batgirl and write it off as a loss. Do a reboot in 10 years time. This is such a stupid idea.
Considering the last I read about that Flash actor, whatever his name is, cancelling Flash might not be an impossibility. I know for so many Cavill is their Superman, and this must be possibly the biggest slap in the face in a long, long line of "5 across the eyes" from DC. This too will pass and people will champion the next iteration (barring the unforeseen) but quite a debacle for the holidays.

And I would imagine the Synderverse is officially dead now, which might be like looking at a grave and saying as much at this point. I can also see people still talking about it 10 years from now. :unsure::LOL::giggle:Not sure how well Black Adam did at the box office, I'm waiting to stream at home, but I imagine DC fans are about to pass out from holding their breath, waiting for the ship to right itself. I'm a DC comics fan, but like maybe a couple of "modern DC" flicks at best. I'm wondering if the job ahead might be too much for Gunn, hope not.

Alatar I cannot see your photo for some reason. By the way I feel you man and it sucks if you love something and at the end of the day they drop a whole story, universe like that. What WB did to Henry was disgusting but to be fair as Henry said the old regime said to announce his return. That was before Gunn came into the picture.

At the end of the day doesn't matter where we are standing cause the fact is we have a hard reboot in our hands. Let's hope they will make it worth. This is their last chance.

I like the whole "I've got all these powers, but I'd just rather be normal, but I have a responsibility, but I can't just take over and do it all for them" He's too powerful, his weaknesses have to be emotional/psychological. Having him be President so he can fix things without being heavy handed and do it through more democratic, representative channels just fills in the hole that creates that conflict.

Is there any point in being both Superman and President? That seems like an ego thing. "The world needs me to be both, because I'm the only one who can lead properly" That just isn't 'Superman' to me, I just can't get into that take. He's already a Mary Sue, he needs dialing back, not making President.
I think for me it's because superman believes in humanity, he hopes that the good in humans will prevail. He is not there to lead or govern people. He will help from the periphery yes (be it saving people from external threats like natural disasters or alien invasion / super villain of the week etc.) but he does not want the people to 'serve' him or carry out his wishes or designs.

*Sips drink*

Recent events are once again why you don't trust scoopers telling ya what ya wanna hear. Because remember how the merger was gonna lead to the return of the Snyderverse and that (not the COVID pipeline jam in Hollywood) was totally why Flash and Aquaman 2 were delayed?

Yeah.

Can't wait to see who's playing the new Superman.

As you could probably guess, I disagree. The Snydverse was in fact roaringly success as art for I would estimate about roughly half of the hardcore fandom. That half of the fandom absolutely loved Snyder's more adult take to superhero mythology. It set a new standard for the genre for those fans that appreciate it. And I don't see that toothpaste ever getting put back into the tube.

The half that didn't cotton to what Snyder did will typically dismiss what I'm saying here, or minimize it, etc. There's nothing I can do about that, and I'm not out to change anyone's mind (especially when those minds are so strongly made up by now). But I think roughly half of the devoted fanbase liking or loving the Snyderverse is a pretty fair estimate. It's a large and very substantial portion of the devoted DC fanbase at any rate. Note this poll at the DC_Cinematic subreddit from a year ago, where haters of the Snyderverse are highly vocal (and how):

Oh one more thing. Half of the fandom is not enough to make it worth sadly in a long run. At the end of the day you need way bigger percent of the fanbase to like, love and support what you are doing. Sadly everything is so divisive now and you cannot build good will on that.

If the new movie is good hopefully people will go around.

Man I feel bad for Henry, he probably dropped out of The Witcher believing he would return as Superman only to lose that role too not that long after, I don't believe he will play Bond either so his career has definitely taken a blow no matter how you cut it.

That said I don't see why Gunn and whoever else is in charge of WB/DC could not keep the Snyder Superman as a seperate thing like Reeves Batman and Joker, Cavill only had one solo movie as Superman so they could do a soft reboot with a sequel I mean stranger things have happened in Hollywood just look at the Halloween franchise and all the reboots/different timelines it has, I'm sure they could've made it work and keep their audience happy but oh well, best of luck to Henry and Gunn but I have no interest in watching another Superman origin movie or some cringe teen coming of age story but with Superman.

I’m black and we don’t want a black Superman . We don’t want race changes and we don’t care about Superman being white. We just want a static shock film. Actual black characters. Yes I know there is a black Superman but still
Dude Calvin Ellis and Val Zod are not race changed characters, they are legacy characters like the Superboy prime, steel or superboy( Conner and Jon), they could be a brand new thing and definitly something new to the non comic book audience.

I don't know if you read comics or if you are familiar with Calvin and Val, but they are pretty cool characters to go along.

Of course as a black man i would prefered a Milestone Cinematic Universe with Icon and Static or more original black characters like john Stewart, Mr Terrific, Vixen and Black Lighting to have their own movies, but what we are discussing here is about another unnecessary reboot for the Superman character, a characters that until yesterday had 5 active actors playing the same thing.

We have to invest in new ways to tell stories, because if we don't we get The Batman treatment(a remake from Batman Forever with Nolan's aesthetics)

If "The Batman" was about a black Bruce Wayne, or even a Non white Terry McGinnis, with just this difference would be a totally different thing. And i LIKED Pattinson in the role but as i have said it did not bring anything new, i even want the Hot Toys.

Yeah, more or less the same for me actually. My first preorder of a 1/6 figure was Hot Toys Battle Damaged Armored BvS Batman in October 2017. I think Zack Snyder exited in early May 2017 if memory serves.

MoS/BvS/ZSJL is tied for my personal favorite film trilogy of all time alongside Peter Jackson's LotR. But as we're saying there's a sense of loss about it now that it'll take a while to digest.

A sliver of a silver lining is that my blog article about ZSJL holds up at least! Small consolation, though.

https://thesnyderverse.com/zsjl-a-mesmerizing-unification-of-reconstruction-and-elegy/
Even I'm feeling it and I didn't want Cavill to do Superman without Zack.

I personally never thought the Snyderverse was being restored, and that a lot of the "signs" were either grifters lying for clout or hopeful fans reading too much into things. So it officially ending doesn't sadden me. I do wish we'd gotten to see Cavill's new Superman though. I like Steven Knight, I like Andy Muschietti, and I liked what Cavill was talking about with a new more optimistic tone. There are a lot of other actors in the franchise I rather liked (Viola Davis, Margot Robbie, JK Simmons and Amy Adams, to name a few) and I'd be happy if at least a few of them made the jump to the new version, doubtful as it may be.

But regardless, I made my peace long ago. Superman's always been bigger than one actor, so there'll always be another.

Their upcoming films are going to be so weird.

“Come see the death knell of the DCEU where none of this matters, all post-credit scenes mean nothing, and all these actors will be replaced soon!”

It’s crazy to think WB has been such a mess we’ll have had FOUR different guys vying to be the main Batman within a decade.

Cavill is out. :/ So Gunn reboots the DCEU... For a fresh start with new actors and actresses. Does it mean the Flash Film will be canned ? Since Gunn fired all Snyder actors and actresses. This means Ezra Miller the problematic actor is also fired. I really wonder who will be the new DCEU Superman and Batman after Cavill and Affleck ?

So far the only one who is actually fired is Cavill. Affleck was already likely most likely not coming back (especially since we had it confirmed recently that yes, the plan was still for Keaton to be DCEU Batman despite Ben filming a cameo appearance for Aquaman 2). Miller is definitely gone though, especially after all that controversy. Ray Fisher probably wouldn't want to do it anyway now that the Snyderverse plans are definitely out the window. Gal Gadot has shown a lot of loyalty to Patty Jenkins but who knows.

Jason Momoa's the question mark right now since he did just recently meet with Gunn about something, and a lot of people have been speculating Lobo.

This is such a **** show.

I can’t wait for Safran and Gunn to release (another) DC project that bombs or isn’t well-received, prompting Warner to kick them to the curb too and scramble to slap it all together yet again.

It’s like they have their film slate written on an etch a sketch that can’t handle any shakeups.

Why even bother getting invested in anything DC as long as it’s still owned by Warner?

Last edited:

He isn't too old. Mahershala Ali is about to play Blade he's 48 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back