Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
The first full trailer looks absolutely lit!

It looks to me like a glorious, unabashed mishmash of fantasy-adventure genres. Knowing Zack Snyder I think the references to other genres that he makes will include a commentary about underlying mythic themes (a la Joseph Campbell) that ultimately tie these various sub-genres together.

I suspect that what Zack is doing by pulling from a lot of different inspirations is updating what George Lucas did for his 1977 film 46 years later. One of the most fascinating things about this to me is that George Lucas was very open about drawing inspiration from many different sources. It’s really eye-opening to browse through the full list: Star Wars sources and analogues - Wikipedia

But anyway, I know there’s some toys that will be released for this universe similar to McFarlane. The company is Diamond Select and the scale is 1/10.

For 1/6 I’m really hoping that InArt/Queen Studios makes this line. Hot Toys would be fine too—although again, my first choice is InArt. And if neither of the above, then my next pick would be Soosoo. Unfortunately Soosoo‘s production has has slowed way down, which worries me. (Fingers crossed that they complete the Watchmen line!)

The imagery for this universe is off the chain, so the figures should be utterly amazing.

Are you excited for a line from this film universe?

The overall aesthetic doesn’t really do anything for me and I’m by no means an ultra mega Snyder fan, but the fact he’s directing makes it really interesting. Snyder’s admittedly fantastic cinematography could really make a project like this work imo!

Back