Seeking suggestions for 1/6 DC figure for Christmas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I‘d love to have a 1/6 figure under the Christmas tree to open—it’s become something of a tradition for me now, making Christmas Day feel a little more special, etc. But this year looks like for the first time since I began collecting in 2017 I may not. I’m mainly a Snyderverse collector. I have Hot Toys Cyborg and Soosoo’s Ozymandias on preorder. But we’re in November now and it’s beginning to look doubtful that either of those will release in time to make it under the tree.

By now I pretty much have all the Snyderverse figures I’m interested in getting. In the past I’ve considered maybe the standard BvS armored Batman… but I have the battle damaged version and that suffices for me to represent that suit for the character. Over the years I’ve had some minor interest in Jor El. But not to the point that I’ver ever pulled the trigger when I’ve seen it listed for sale on FB. If there’s a Faora out there that looks good I might go for that.

This is strictly a personal taste/interest thing, but I’m not really into Nolan’s Batman films, or Reeves’ The Batman. Nor Keaton, Kilmer, or West. I respect them but they don’t light a fire under me enough to want a 1/6 figure from them. In the same sense I’m not into earlier iterations of Superman, i.e., Reeves or Routh. The classical comic book inspired representations of JL characters from Sideshow don’t really grab me either.

So what’s the point of this post, lol? Well, over the last year I did buy Soosoo’s Titan Robin and Nightwing, and even though I never watched the show I was very, very pleased with them. I appreciated how well they fit into the Snyderverse collection! Like, I took a chance on them and they were great. And the Soosoo’s Watchmen line is excellent so far. So I know there’s some good stuff out there, and maybe I have overlooked something cool that would really enhance my collection.

I’ll take fantasy adventure genre suggestions outside of DC as well! I do enjoy the MCU but only very casually. I have a few token figures. (Note: Also, I have very limited display space and already regularly rotate figures.) If there was a figure for 2018 Black Panther’s Nakia I’d be interested if it’s a good likeness. I’m hoping she becomes the next BP.

I’ve completed my collection of Asmus LotR fellowship of the Ring. I’ll get the Crown Series Gandalf the White eventually. And that’ll be it for that collection.

Also although I’m not particularly into Star Wars I do have OG Mando, and that is a great figure. Love the character and it has tremendous shelf presence. But not really into that show so much that I‘d want to go all-out with it.

I’m a fan of the Riddick franchise and have considered Art Figures ”Dark Furyan.” But looking at photos the jointed elbows do bother me a bit. I supposed they can be minimized with some careful posing. I would also hope that the eyes have that opal Furyan sheen to them, since the promotional pics show regular eyes, but I’ve seen people comment that the eyes do in fact have that effect.

I don’t know… this is a Hail Mary, lol. Just make a suggestion for anything, however offbeat!

Are you going strictly retail purchases or secondary market stuff okay?

A lot of the arkham knight figures are pretty cool. Maybe see if you can track down Deathstroke? He's kind of a cool one off even if you aren't into the arkham line.

One I've considered picking up for a while is the SooSoo toys Constantine (forget what the non ip infringing name is). I've never seen the show with Matt Ryan, but I've seen him pop up in other stuff before and voice Constantine in some of the animated stuff so he's kinda how a picture the character now.

Maybe some 1/6 santa hats?

😛 been there done that! (Well, I ordered them on Amazon anyway.)

BC9C9936-9B24-4A01-B1FB-AE613A6B91A4.jpeg

F1915751-27B4-4613-8500-D76F41A165CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you going strictly retail purchases or secondary market stuff okay?

A lot of the arkham knight figures are pretty cool. Maybe see if you can track down Deathstroke? He's kind of a cool one off even if you aren't into the arkham line.

One I've considered picking up for a while is the SooSoo toys Constantine (forget what the non ip infringing name is). I've never seen the show with Matt Ryan, but I've seen him pop up in other stuff before and voice Constantine in some of the animated stuff so he's kinda how a picture the character now.

I would prefer to buy new. Although I could be open to used through FB group as long as the figure’s in excellent condition.

I did see a Constantine, yeah! Anton Daftoys Figures “Hell Detective.” Just wasn’t sold on how convincing it is in hand. I’m tempted though!

Deathstroke would be very cool. Hoping Soosoo will eventually make the Knightmare one as they have hinted they will eventually (I can live with the cleaner version on Luthor’s yacht if that’s what they run with).

Queen Studios has stated they plan to make Mera, right?

Last edited:
I would prefer to buy new. Although I could be open to used through FB group as long as the figure’s in excellent condition.

I did see a Constantine, yeah! Anton Figures “Hell Detective.” Just wasn’t sold on how convincing it is in hand. I’m tempted though!

Deathstroke would be very cool. Hoping Soosoo will eventually make the Knightmare one as they have hinted they will eventually (I can live with the cleaner version on Luthor’s yacht if that’s what they run with).

Queen Studios has stated they plan to make Mera, right?

I think so, but not sure how likely that is to continue with the controversy surrounding the actress.

This was the Constantine I was talking about though.

soosootoys-sst007-paranormal-detective-john-constantine-1-6-scale-figure-img08.jpg

He was kind of a somewhat early soo soo toys figure. He looks great in hand I always just told myself he didn't fit with my collection. He is quite cool though if not maybe a little harder to find now.

Any of the Jared Leto jokers? Even the 3rd party knightmare joker. Tactical batfleck. 3rd party king orm. How about hunting down a deadshot? Also I don't recommend the og armored batfleck, very stiff body that won't move. As far as Jor el, look for it super cheap.

Any of the Jared Leto jokers? Even the 3rd party knightmare joker. Tactical batfleck. 3rd party king orm. How about hunting down a deadshot? Also I don't recommend the og armored batfleck, very stiff body that won't move. As far as Jor el, look for it super cheap.

I have Tac suit Batman. I do have Flashpoint Studios Knightmare Flash and Joker. Also Toys Battalion Martian Manhunter.

An earlier Leto Joker?… hmm. I think I’ll wait for the Ayer cut to see if a new version gets released. And a reissue of SS Harley for that matter. Ditto for Deadshot.

Orm is a possibility…

Thanks for the tip on standard armored Batman. I have Battle Damaged and love it. So good to know.

I’ve got an awfu-I mean awesome 1/4th scale Hot Toys Joker if you’re interested. :naughty

I have Tac suit Batman. I do have Flashpoint Studios Knightmare Flash and Joker. Also Toys Battalion Martian Manhunter.

An earlier Leto Joker?… hmm. I think I’ll wait for the Ayer cut to see if a new version gets released. And a reissue of SS Harley for that matter. Ditto for Deadshot.

Orm is a possibility…

Thanks for the tip on standard armored Batman. I have Battle Damaged and love it. So good to know.
I have SS Joker and Deadshot (with custom LED sculpt) but they are sitting in their boxes until Ayercut does or doesn't happen. I had faith ZSJL would be somewhat of what I expected and collected/displayed as such. Ayer Cut might not be. That's why I halted my SS collecting until I know.

I haven't noticed any difference between the Armored Batmans, I found them both stiff as hell.

Do you have Zod? If I were you, I would be getting Jor-El. Faora is very hard to find.

I have SS Joker and Deadshot (with custom LED sculpt) but they are sitting in their boxes until Ayercut does or doesn't happen. I had faith ZSJL would be somewhat of what I expected and collected/displayed as such. Ayer Cut might not be. That's why I halted my SS collecting until I know.

I haven't noticed any difference between the Armored Batmans, I found them both stiff as hell.

Do you have Zod? If I were you, I would be getting Jor-El. Faora is very hard to find.

I don’t have Zod. I’m sure it must look a lot better in hand, but at least going from the photos I’ve seen I‘m not crazy about the head sculpt. If there was a custom sculpt then maybe. I’d go with Faora before Zod if I could ever find one at a price I felt comfortable paying, and in perfect condition, etc. I don’t collect villains as a rule (mostly for space considerations, my display space it limited and storage space for boxes is getting tight) but for her I’d make an exception.

From Man of Steel Jor El is probably the one that I would most like to have. To be displayed alongside Superman in the vibrant JL suit. (I don’t have MoS or BvS Supes.) It would have been cool to have him in the armored suit, right? But the scholarly robes look good too.

I don’t have Zod. I’m sure it must look a lot better in hand, but at least going from the photos I’ve seen I‘m not crazy about the head sculpt. If there was a custom sculpt then maybe. I’d go with Faora before Zod if I could ever find one at a price I felt comfortable paying, and in perfect condition, etc. I don’t collect villains as a rule (mostly for space considerations, my display space it limited and storage space for boxes is getting tight) but for her I’d make an exception.

From Man of Steel Jor El is probably the one that I would most like to have. To be displayed alongside Superman in the vibrant JL suit. (I don’t have MoS or BvS Supes.) It would have been cool to have him in the armored suit, right? But the scholarly robes look good too.
I was never keen on the head sculpt and Generally kept him with the helmet on. It wasn't until I did my custom that I came around to it. I had the DC Collectibles Jor-El with the armour on and I was going to put the Hot Toys head on him but the size just looked off.

Darn, it looks like the best Constantine figure is Thundertoys and it's nowhere to be found now.

Related to this...

I'm really irked both at myself and at Asmus, equally. I'd been looking in regularly on the Freaks forum for Crown Series Gandalf the White over the past year to check on its status. I'd been checking in weekly on Fridays. I just missed the drop over the past week. And Asmus dropped it without first putting it up for preorder! 🤬 I assumed that a weekly check would suffice to get a preorder in. Plus, with no word of release by mid November I was already definitely expecting Q1 2023 as the earliest possible ship date. Anyway, Asmus has never done that before, and it kind of sucks tbh. It sold out almost instantly. Had I been in on that I would have gotten this excellent looking figure for Christmas. As it is, I ordered instead from BBTS for most likely for Q1 release.

Anyway, I ordered the Daftoys Constantine. I do really enjoy that character and the movie. So as long is it looks as good as it does in Big Breda's video I should be fairly content. I didn't realize there's about four versions out there: Thunder Toys, Daftoys, Anton, and Present Toys. Maybe others? In any case, just from a glance it looks like Daftoys might have the best head sculpt. And the inside of the jacket is faithful to the film.

constantine coat lining.png

constantine coat lining 2.png

There's also an awesome custom head sculpt out there as well by Ikka Studio. But I have no idea if it's still available anywhere or what the price is, etc.

Last edited:
Related to this...

I'm really irked both at myself and at Asmus, equally. I'd been looking in regularly on the Freaks forum for Crown Series Gandalf the White over the past year to check on its status. I'd been checking in weekly on Fridays. I just missed the drop over the past week. And Asmus dropped it without first putting it up for preorder! 🤬 I assumed that a weekly check would suffice to get a preorder in. Plus, with no word of release by mid November I was already definitely expecting Q1 2023 as the earliest possible ship date. Anyway, Asmus has never done that before, and it kind of sucks tbh. It sold out almost instantly. Had I been in on that I would have gotten this excellent looking figure for Christmas. As it is, I ordered instead from BBTS for most likely for Q1 release.
I understand your frustration, but if you were checking in regularly as you say you have been, you should've known that Asmus mentioned awhile ago that there would be no pre-order for that figure. And not sure if you pay attention to their socials, but their first tease about a week ago mentioned that it would be dropping soon as well as the subsequent tease leading up to the full reveal just days later. Maybe you didn't see it or don't use social media (though that screengrab above looks to be from Facebook); but if you did, that should've given you indication to keep a closer on it than the weekly check-in you were doing previously.

Now, they obviously didn't anticipate the demand for it and you can't really blame them given how poorly GTG sold, which is arguably a more popular look than GtW. Many places have discounted the Crown GtG figure heavily from time to time to jut get rid of it. So from a business perspective, I'm sure they didn't want to be left with tons of left over stock yet again that they would have to lose money on with a secondary, less popular look for the character. Most of us weren't expecting the release to look as good as it turned out to be. Good for Asmus for a mostly homerun figure, but bad for collectors who really wanted it but missed out on the initial stock. That being said, you still get to order one, just have to wait a little longer. It's not like you're totally SOL and will never have a chance to own it.

I understand your frustration, but if you were checking in regularly as you say you have been, you should've known that Asmus mentioned awhile ago that there would be no pre-order for that figure. And not sure if you pay attention to their socials, but their first tease about a week ago mentioned that it would be dropping soon as well as the subsequent tease leading up to the full reveal just days later. Maybe you didn't see it or don't use social media (though that screengrab above looks to be from Facebook); but if you did, that should've given you indication to keep a closer on it than the weekly check-in you were doing previously.

Now, they obviously didn't anticipate the demand for it and you can't really blame them given how poorly GTG sold, which is arguably a more popular look than GtW. Many places have discounted the Crown GtG figure heavily from time to time to jut get rid of it. So from a business perspective, I'm sure they didn't want to be left with tons of left over stock yet again that they would have to lose money on with a secondary, less popular look for the character. Most of us weren't expecting the release to look as good as it turned out to be. Good for Asmus for a mostly homerun figure, but bad for collectors who really wanted it but missed out on the initial stock. That being said, you still get to order one, just have to wait a little longer. It's not like you're totally SOL and will never have a chance to own it.

Nah, man, I don’t follow Asmus on social media. I was just going on past experience with how releases have gone with them as I’ve checked in regularly on threads here for the figures that interest me.

Youre not wrong about anything you say. I’m mainly just venting. But I don’t know if I’d make too many excuses for Asmus, though. GtG is a fine figure overall. But for that $350 price tag they messed up with the eyes and the hat, which are both major features of the character. I mean if they gotten those right and priced it at $300 maybe they’d have made out much better? Just saying.

I’ll be fascinated to see how Queen Studios does with their version, actually. I’m not getting it because I’ll live with the Asmus figure. Myself, I can’t justify getting both.

Oh well. live and learn. As I said I’m bugged at myself as well as the company. It’s just annoying. I’ll still get the figure through BBTS and it does look impressive.

Nah, man, I don’t follow Asmus on social media. I was just going on past experience with how releases have gone with them as I’ve checked in regularly on threads here for the figures that interest me.

Youre not wrong about anything you say. I’m mainly just venting. But I don’t know if I’d make too many excuses for Asmus, though. GtG is a fine figure overall. But for that $350 price tag they messed up with the eyes and the hat, which are both major features of the character. I mean if they gotten those right and priced it at $300 maybe they’d have made out much better? Just saying.
I understand. I'm just saying, it was mentioned by Asmus in the dedicated thread that the GtW figure wouldn't be a PO but an in-stock figure when released, so I guess I just don't understand being surprised that there was no PO from them directly if you do check the thread regularly. I know it's a character you really like and were highly anticipating, but, you'll still get one. Not by Christmas like you had hoped unfortunately, but you'll still be able to get your hands on one thankfully.

And I'm not trying to make excuses for the why GtG sold poorly, it's just a fact that it did sell poorly. And as a business, you don't want to constantly sit at unsold stock that you have to then sell at low prices that will either minimize or completely blow through any profit you would've made. Again, as you mention, that is definitely their own fault for the issues that the GtG figure had and there really is no excuse for that, especially when you see what they're capable of with this GtW verison. But, but just going by numbers, if the more popular version of that character sold poorly, I would be a little cautious as well as nervous about how well another, less popular version of that same character would sell. So, I understand why they took that route and why they probably produced way less than they anticipated the demand for that figure to be for that first initial batch.

For what it's worth, I do understand your frustration as something similar happened with the Hot Toys Strike Suit 2.0 Cap. Except there is no second chance with that one. 300 was all Sideshow got and that was sold through within hours as well with no extras being made.

It was mentioned by Asmus in the dedicated thread that the GtW figure wouldn't be a PO but an in-stock figure when released.

I missed that, yeah. I didn’t scroll through the whole week’s work of posts each week, just seeing if it had released from what I gleaned from the current page when I checked in. As I said oh well, live and learn.

Last edited:
Back