Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bruce Wayne perspective of the MOS events at the start was fantastic. That sold how serious it was better than MOS itself actually did with Superman and Lois having their first kiss amid the devastation, Superman smugly destroying a drone and giving attitude to the general and then everyone at Daily Planet smiling and going about their day like the city hadn't just been met with a 9/11-topping event.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Question concerning Bruce's vision while he was sleeping.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love BB/TDK and getting to love BvS, depends on that extended if I will fully embrace it or not.

But I do at the very least like BvS.

I for one like all batman flicks including Batman and Robin, but I agree, every time I see super heroes on the screen I forgot how bad the story is and just grin at the fact we live in an age that no matter how horrible the flicks are, we got mor exposure from them.

Amy Adams is terrible imo and she and cavill have zero chemistry.

I agree. Lois Lane really is terrible in this movie. They should have called it Batman vs Superman vs Lois Lane because she was in so many damn scenes. People complain about how bad Padme/Anakin is with no chemistry... I don't see how those people can complain about them without doing the same for Lois/Superman. It really is just awful seeing these "love" moments between the two. I have read quite a few reviews and no one has complained about Lois.

Yeah if anyone tries to paint this movie as a failure they are dead wrong, true that next weeks box office is still critical BUT lets also remember that this opening was large EVEN with the bad reviews holding it back.

To early to not call it a failure. It still could bomb financially. In my opinion, the people who watch it the first week are the die hard comic book fans. The second week and on are the casual fans or those going back to see it twice. The thing is, how will the negative reviews impact the casual movie goer audience. Hopefully it gets pass the one billion mark.

Whilst Star Wars TFA got a 92%? It was a remake of A New Hope and apparently is one of the greatest movies reviewed of all time.

Not signaling you out, but TFA getting a 92% actually makes sense. If it really is a copy/remake of A New Hope as so many people think (which scored a 94%) of course it will score good. Similar plot, same characters, add in a new Vader and an awesome little droid with Rey.... it makes sense why critics gave it the score they did. Plus, it is actually a good movie in my opinion :lol

Seen this twice now. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The negative critical response is more than a little extreme. Some of the editing feels a little choppy, and the film itself is a bit over stuffed, but other than that it's a fine film by my standards.

The performances in particular range from pretty good to excellent. Affleck killed it (not that I ever doubted him) and his every moment and exchange with Alfred had me smiling from ear to ear. I also loved the intellectually misguided and emotionally unstable portrayal of Lex - twitches, shakes, snot running down his nose, and all. He was rather unsettling. Wonder Woman was pretty hot and a lot of fun. The score was beautiful and the visuals were impressive. This is DC's best effort in years.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the recoil of Joe Chill's gun snapping Martha Wayne's pearl necklace in the opening sequence. As far as I know the breaking of her pearls upon her murder has never been depicted like that, and I thought it was just a brilliant visual decision to do so.

To early to not call it a failure. It still could bomb financially. In my opinion, the people who watch it the first week are the die hard comic book fans. The second week and on are the casual fans or those going back to see it twice. The thing is, how will the negative reviews impact the casual movie goer audience. Hopefully it gets pass the one billion mark.

Well, i'm going let the cynic in me come out and say that since this movie didn't beat JW, IM3, AOU and Avengers opening weekends that the suits inside WB are now considering *firing Irishjedi for failing to excite the SSF members. :lol

* I hope that doesn't happen.

Going for the 2nd view this week. I'm going to a 4DX theatre for the first time!:)

I have never been to one and I don't know if I would be excited about a machine throwing water on me when Clark jumps into the bath tub with his dirty shoes on. :lol

The Bruce Wayne perspective of the MOS events at the start was fantastic. That sold how serious it was better than MOS itself actually did with Superman and Lois having their first kiss amid the devastation, Superman smugly destroying a drone and giving attitude to the general and then everyone at Daily Planet smiling and going about their day like the city hadn't just been met with a 9/11-topping event.

I did find it amusing that Wayne had to call the people at his building to tell them to evacuate when it was seconds away from toppling -- like they were waiting for his go-ahead. At that point I knew this thing would have some easily-avoidable problems.

450 mil worldwide it seems. thats great to hear. it wasn't a bad movie at all it just needed work ( a ton of work).

Hey how does lex know that Clark kent is superman? Like he found his mom at the diner but how on earth did he know? Is he watching him to?

450 mil worldwide it seems. thats great to hear. it wasn't a bad movie at all it just needed work ( a ton of work).

Hey how does lex know that Clark kent is superman? Like he found his mom at the diner but how on earth did he know? Is he watching him to?

Greatest criminal mind of the century.

I did lol at Superman's mom working at a bar. Don't forget to take out the trash, Martha.

I did find it amusing that Wayne had to call the people at his building to tell them to evacuate when it was seconds away from toppling -- like they were waiting for his go-ahead. At that point I knew this thing would have some easily-avoidable problems.

He flew a helicopter into Metropolis, got in a car and drove to his building so he could call them on his cell phone and tell them to evacuate. :lol

He did save a little girl though, so I guess it was worth it.

Greatest criminal mind of the century.

I did lol at Superman's mom working at a bar. Don't forget to take out the trash, Martha.

:lol :lol

Pa Kent suicide means no life insurance. :slap

What a loser!

He probably figured Superman would just rob banks to support Ma Kent!

He flew a helicopter into Metropolis, got in a car and drove to his building so he could call them on his cell phone and tell them to evacuate. :lol

He did save a little girl though, so I guess it was worth it.

He figured he was going to get into the building himself.

Even Batman is limited to what his wealth of technology can accomplish.

I believe after Sept 11th they're building new skyskrapers with fast escape elevator tubes, or at least they should!

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already or not but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already or not but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

What criminal gives away information for free, especially if it's just to help society?

No, they hold onto it for extortion or for any of the other dozens of reasons criminal masterminds hold onto critical information that will benefit only one person, themselves.

Release it at the right with greater impact to hurt others!

Think Evil!

Not Evilface....just Evil! :lol

Back