Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WB messed up by "killing" Superman so early. It's dumb an unnecessary to take such a famous storyline and waste it on this film. Not to mention, they went full Marvel...on their first film by "killing" a character and bringing him back, which means that death means nothing to Superman, so why should we care about Darkseid or Brainiac? What...they are going to kill Sups? He'll be back again :dunno

Also, he didn't earn that death yet, because he's not a beloved hero yet, he's a polarizing alien that some people like and others hate, so again, his death should be meaningful, but most people are probably happy that he's dead. His death should be epic, with cameo appearances of other heroes showing their respect at his funeral.

Damn thanks for completely ruining this movie for me! :gah:

I think the intention is that it's supposed to be just actual shadow around his eyes created by the cowl but obviously it doesn't really work that way and it has to be applied make-up. But...the idea of Batman leaning into a mirror to apply eye shadow as part of his gearing up routine is just too ridiculous.

:lol

Project Batman Runway

Disney owns The Times newspaper in London?
Wow, didn't know that.

I think Disney owns Times Square. :lol

While I don't fully subscribe to the tin foil conspiracy, I am also not naive enough to think shenanigans aren't happening behind the scenes in that industry.

I wish I could embrace the Evil Disney Agenda lifestyle. It answers all of life's questions!

:lol :lol

I completely forget in my review to mention the 3D quality. :slap

Conversion better than I expected for a dark movie.

There were a good 4-5 scenes in varying length that benefitted from the 3D, most involving Superman in the air or metropolis buildings crumbling.

No Avengers, Jurassic Park or TWS here but it wasn't half bad either.

I will buy the 3D....probably won't even have a choice. :lol

Disney owns The Times newspaper in London?
Wow, didn't know that.

I just love how people easily discard what would be one of the simplest ways for a billion-dollar corporation to influence box office and damage box office competition.

Take Matt Goldberg at Collider. The guy pretty much hates everything. Yet that epic film snob gave IRON MAN 2, THOR: THE DARK WORLD, IRON MAN 3, AOU & ANT-MAN positive reviews. He also bashed MOS & BvS.

Does Goldberg really think THOR: THE DARK WORLD is a good film? No ****ing way. But if he gave it an honest review that Disney check for $20K wouldn't have made it to his bank account.

Now picture that same scenario with a hundred critics willing to accept those checks. Its pocket change to Disney.

BvS did great this weekend but it wouldn't surprise me if the negative press will affect it over the next month because sadly alot of people listen to critics.

I wonder, since they are already doing the R rated Blu-Ray, if they'll wait a few months after tickets dip and re-relase the film theatrically with the R rated special edition? I mean, I'm already sold on the BR but I'd go see it again theatrically if they did release the R cut. Maybe after all of the bad press, they might need the facelift.

I wonder, since they are already doing the R rated Blu-Ray, if they'll wait a few months after tickets dip and re-relase the film theatrically with the R rated special edition? I mean, I'm already sold on the BR but I'd go see it again theatrically if they did release the R cut. Maybe after all of the bad press, they might need the facelift.

Sounds interesting. Would that be a first in Hollywood?

WB messed up by "killing" Superman so early. It's dumb an unnecessary to take such a famous storyline and waste it on this film. Not to mention, they went full Marvel...on their first film by "killing" a character and bringing him back, which means that death means nothing to Superman, so why should we care about Darkseid or Brainiac? What...they are going to kill Sups? He'll be back again :dunno

Also, he didn't earn that death yet, because he's not a beloved hero yet, he's a polarizing alien that some people like and others hate, so again, his death should be meaningful, but most people are probably happy that he's dead. His death should be epic, with cameo appearances of other heroes showing their respect at his funeral.

So much right in these thoughts.....too early for the movie universe and the viewing audience...tons a different avenues in the movie verse but in terms of viewing audience.....his death had little to zero emotional pull for me. I'm not vested enough in this version to care if he lives or dies...I was just starting to get on board with his struggles then boom......another sacrifice that'll mean squat.

Different, sure, that's a valid statement. I'm not a big MCU guy as I've already said, TWS, IM & GotG are the only films I've seen more than once. And yeah, it in now way deserves a 30% score, that's true. But even the audience score is dropping, so I don't think there's a "conspiracy". First of all, it's not good for Marvel for CBMs to go back to the era of Steel. One rotten apple messes up the apple-pie and all... And then, it'd be an extremely risky and expensive move to bribe everyone. You're telling me there's not one critic who'd expose this?

That critic would 1) Be blackballed from journalism in all forms 2) Be sued by Disney for defamation 3) Shunned by his brethren who don't wanna go through the first two and would rather keep getting checks in the mail.

One guy stepping up wouldn't make much of a difference. You would need at least a few for it to become a viable story of a massive corporation manipulating box office via the press.

These Disney theories are absurd.

Take off that tin foil hat folks. This film was not all that great, period.

You like it, it's all that matters.

It won't change the fact that critics absolutely hated it (some fans did too).

I just love how people easily discard what would be one of the simplest ways for a billion-dollar corporation to influence box office and damage box office competition.

Take Matt Goldberg at Collider. The guy pretty much hates everything. Yet that epic film snob gave IRON MAN 2, THOR: THE DARK WORLD, IRON MAN 3, AOU & ANT-MAN positive reviews. He also bashed MOS & BvS.

Does Goldberg really think THOR: THE DARK WORLD is a good film? No ****ing way. But if he gave it an honest review that Disney check for $20K wouldn't have made it to his bank account.

I don't think Goldberg is a paid Disney shill. He's not. What he is, though, is a huge dork with base insecurity issues that are obviously at the root of all of his sanctimonious, elitist views and reviews. He's not fooling anybody. At least not me. Same goes for Devin and most of the other usual Online Movie Blogger dweebs, many of whom I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with personally.

These are the guys the jocks and bullies would give swirlies and wedgies too in High School. So now that they have their soapbox they enjoy taking it out on people like Zack, who they see as one of the jocks who pushed them around back in the day. But the thing is he wasn't/isn't... He was one of the distant guys who stuck to himself and ignored all of the BS and posturing. And he's still like that today, which is one of the reasons why I personally relate to him. Much moreso than people like Goldberg, Devin, McWeeny, Russ Fischer, et al. Ironically, they are the bullies now.

Carl Jung would have a field day studying these dorks. :lol

That critic would 1) Be blackballed from journalism in all forms 2) Be sued by Disney for defamation 3) Shunned by his brethren who don't wanna go through the first two and would rather keep getting checks in the mail.

One guy stepping up wouldn't make much of a difference. You would need at least a few for it to become a viable story of a massive corporation manipulating box office via the press.

Even if that were true, do you honestly think Marvel wants all other CBMs to fail? If bad CBMs become the majority once again and oversaturate the market, theirs will be hurt as well. Besides, the whole thing is absurd. It's not as bad as they're making out to be, but there's hardly a giant conspiracy behind it. Maybe Disney bribed SOME Top Critics, that I could buy, but not everyone, and not at every damn country. Even the audience score keeps dropping (73% at RT and 7,5 at IMDB, the same as AoU's).

Believe whatever you want, and like the movie as much as you want, nobody's forcing you to change your views. It's just that some of us prefer to think that the movie honestly has some problems as opposed to buying into a huge interconnected conspiracy.

Dude's so bad-ass he eats his own kind.

So are you saying Arthur is a fish?

Or that cannibalism is "bad-ass?"

'Cuz either way the derp is strong with that statement. :lol

Post-Nu52 Aquaman has been trying hard to erase that part of the characters.

Sure, but DC has been trying to erase the Nu-52 entirely, no? Since it went over like a lead balloon?

Personally, I find endless reboots that attempt to rectify poor publishing gimmicks inevitably dilute the brand.

Your mileage may vary.

__

These Disney theories are absurd.

Take off that tin foil hat folks. This film was not all that great, period.

You like it, it's all that matters.

It won't change the fact that critics absolutely hated it (some fans did too).

What's absurd about ensuring your box office longevity by buying the people who tell the masses what to watch? What's absurd about making sure your competition isn't successful critically and in result commercially?

Do you know what propaganda is?

wow this thing is boring as hell.... wtf, i wasnt this bored since hancock....... (this actually reminded me of hancock )
this was dreadful and it was so long... so much unnecessary things

the whole africa bullet thing was ridiculous.... not needed, i cant believe that was greenlit.... i wish they cut everything involving the bullet out, Felt like came out of Law and Order or something...

Lex plans made no sense... Yeah I KNOW he hates Superman, I KNOW he wants to take him out. But he didn't even wait to see if Batman beat him before creating that Cave troll thing....
It made no sense he was playing with Zod's body if he was counting on Batman to beat him, AND if he KNEW batman wasn't going to beat him then WHY the HELL make them fight...........
It's not that lex plan to take out Superman didn't make sense, It made perfect sense, he wanted to take out God. that makes absolutely perfect sense..... I completely understood why he wanted to destroy him. He wanted to destroy a perfect being. (reminded of fight Club when they say "I wanted to destroy something beautiful")
BUT WHAT a CONVOLUTED PIECE OF CRAP....

OMG Im so freaking disgusted now, I want my time back....
This is not a joke review or me being sarcastic or anything like that I swear. I HATE this STUPID f ING MOVIE

not even the batman scenes saved this for me, not even the cool batman stuff. it was dreadful. and Boring. BORING...

When critics say that this movie is not fun and it should be like Marvel, I dont think they mean that they want one liners and stuff like that. I think what everyone means is that This is just dull and boring.
One hour into the movie, nothing important had happened and not big action scenes had happened. nothing... some crap about the bullet, some crap about Lex and that peach tea lady... I did notice one hour into the movie, nothing good had happened.

to be perfectly honest the best part for me was when Doomsday showed up.... I felt like I woke up from daydreaming, Doomsday was actually fun. it was fun, it was cool, the last fight was the only thing worth seeing this for. that and batman beating superman (Which was kind of stupid because Superman could have just fly away or pick up batman and fly into the air when he first arrives... wtf)
Superman could have just literally pick him up and talk to him on the air... the moment he put his hand on him. I expected batman to hit him with kryptonite as soon as he showed up.

I hate to say it but I can see why people hated it.
I was a big fan of Man of steel, I legitimately liked it and this made me hate it now.

Highlights, Wonder woman of course
Cave Troll saved the movie for me.
Alfred was cool.
thats it

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think that the Disney conspiracy ain't plausible. I love Disney but I also know their influence and extent that the one article I saw about them kind of pissed me off.

Tarantino owns a couple of movie chains in LA, so when the Hateful eight was being released on "his"theater featuring the 70mm roadshow version, Disney out of nowhere decides to play the force awakens and take that theater over. Tarantino was pissed because he couldn't even play his own theater on his movie chain because Disney just wanted those theaters.

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy but you can tell that every where you look it's Disney everywhere and kids start at an early age, you could say Mickey to any one or two year old and they will know who he is 99% of the time.

Even then Civil war will be totally interesting because you and I both know it will get movie of the year, higher scores and higher reviews, more than anything DC fanboys will maybe boycott this film, or something huge will happen where they won't want it to succeed.

Going back to the Disney influence. My BvS tickets where 15.00 bucks for iMax 3D each. My civil war tickets were 18.00 bucks for the same exact theater room and place. You check back other movies sharing the screen the same time it's back to 15.00.

Disney took over our life's and we are nothing but blind sheeting feeding their interest and for me ignorance is bliss I Guess.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

So are you saying Arthur is a fish?

Or that cannibalism is "bad-ass?"

'Cuz either way the derp is strong with that statement. :lol

Twas sarcasm. Johns was trying so hard to erase his campiness and reinforce the "bad-ass king of the sea" thing, that he had him repeat "I don't talk to fish" every 3 issues or so. Having him eat fish was meant to shatter the whole "Aquaman talks to fish" thing once and for all and distance Atlanteasn and him from fish and the like.

Sure, but DC has been trying to erase the Nu-52 entirely, no? Since it went over like a lead balloon?

Personally, I find endless reboots that attempt to rectify poor publishing gimmicks inevitably dilute the brand.

Your mileage may vary.

Eh, reboots/relaunches are everywhere nowadays. Bad or not, new readers do jump on board with them and sometimes they work. DC has been left behind though, so I'm hoping REBIRTH works. Marvel amounts to about 50-55% of all sales every month, and DC for about 30% or so. Batman always sells, but the rest, eh... Some are thinking that REBIRTH is playing it too "safe", but you need a strong basis at first, in order to support the lesser known properties. We all saw how much of a fiasco DCYou was.

What's absurd about ensuring your box office longevity by buying the people who tell the masses what to watch? What's absurd about making sure your competition isn't successful critically and in result commercially?

Do you know what propaganda is?

A succesful BvS movie would be good for Marvel. People would want more and be more excited for CW. If they leave the film disappointed and they might not be as excited to see another superhero vs superhero film in a couple months.

Back