1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C50F73BF-0879-4E97-8D03-516BBB1B0D37.jpeg

Better than making us buy a second Venom with it being the only main difference. Smart move on HT to quickly move the Venom they just recently released and secure orders for Carnage. I’d much prefer this approach to 2.0s or 42.0s like they’ve been doing with Iron Man.

Last edited:
Basically like an upgrade kit. Prefer this over an extra weapon for Carnage. Makes me wish Carnage had a bust as well, with a reveal/changing head.

I have no skin in this game, but I gotta agree with @Buttmunch. Super smart on HT part to include what I would say is an essential accessory to the Venom figure with the Carnage figure. Gets you to buy both even if you were on the fence or not even really planning on getting Carnage as well as get more sales on the Venom figure itself.

Sort of like what Prime1 has done with their 1/3 TDK Joker. The full statue includes the sculpt that has collectors divided, but then they put out a separate bust for sale with a much better headsculpt that can also be used on the statue to get you spend a little more money.

I can understand how people who might not want Carnage would be upset. But think of the alternative. HT funny enough has a figure of Venom available now or still in preorder for immanent arrival in a lot of places. Usually HT is 2+ years behind the films.

Once HT realized Venom wouldn’t change his look any in this, that doesn’t leave them lots of room to make a second version of Venom without adding something like a Hardy portrait. I guarantee you more people would be upset with a second venom with the Hardy head and maybe slightly different or less symbiote accessories than there are with the head coming with a deluxe Carnage. I imagine a majority of people wanting Venom will also be wanting Carnage. And nearly everyone buying Carnage will be getting Venom. There is the non-deluxe without the bust for the rare few that aren’t picking up Venom as well but they’d honestly be better off buying the deluxe and selling off that bust for an easy $100+ and recoup some of Carnage’s cost.

The only other possibility that could have satisfied about everyone would have been to offer the bust on its own as a sort of accessory pack. That probably comes down more to what HT is licensed for. You just don’t see many accessory sets like the Iron Man workshop happen and outside of what would essentially be a head set, there probably isn’t much more they could have done. It’s a great marketing gimmick but as far as they go, I feel rather benign compared to what they could have potentially pulled. They still might but this is a good compromise.

Oh I completely agree. It's a much better compromise than them making a 2.0 with the most likely only difference being the Hardy sculpt and "let there be carnage" logo slapped on the base and you're stuck paying more for a figure you already have from the first film. I definitely think this is the way to have less angry collectors. Like you said, fans of Venom will most likely buy Carnage and vise versa. It's like Joker and Batman. You're more than likely going to buy both. This way, getting the Deluxe Carnage feels like a nice bonus for your Venom.

I'd like full sculpts of Eddie and Cletus. I'd be all for them getting stand alone figures. They could have the tentacles coming out of their backs with the Venom heads. Give Cletus a 2nd morphing head. Maybe throw in some extra accessories to use with the Venom/Carnage figures. That would be a nice set.

Guess I was right. Lol who would have known it was because of Carnage Deluxe accessory. Lol
Regular might be waitlisted, but you can still PO the Exclusive which is odd considering they're the exact same price. If you're buying from SS, no idea why you'd go for the regular even if you didn't care about the extra piece when the EX costs the same amount. Same thing happened with the WW84 figure, the regular is Waitlisted but the EX is still available to order (at least last I checked).

Regular might be waitlisted, but you can still PO the Exclusive which is odd considering they're the exact same price. If you're buying from SS, no idea why you'd go for the regular even if you didn't care about the extra piece when the EX costs the same amount. Same thing happened with the WW84 figure, the regular is Waitlisted but the EX is still available to order (at least last I checked).
Yeah I thought that was pointless I did preorder the ex so it's fine but now I definitely will be getting Carnage for the extra Eddie/Venom sculpt. Those two will look amazing with Classic Spider-man when that comes out.

Watch HT will release a deluxe venom now…I noticed the base venom is standing on in the carnage pics seems to be a let there be carnage movie title. 🤔

Back