1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would almost be tempted to get Venom, but I feel like if I wait there will be a version from the MCU with a Spider symbol. I’d want that version more personally.

As far as the sculpt coming with Carnage- I actually don’t mind it at all. We didn’t get it with the original Venom figure, and it’s a chance to get one without buying a second Venom figure. At least it coming with Carnage you’re getting a new figure, and it has that bonus.

I would almost be tempted to get Venom, but I feel like if I wait there will be a version from the MCU with a Spider symbol. I’d want that version more personally.

As far as the sculpt coming with Carnage- I actually don’t mind it at all. We didn’t get it with the original Venom figure, and it’s a chance to get one without buying a second Venom figure. At least it coming with Carnage you’re getting a new figure, and it has that bonus.
But if you wait, there might not be. Just get this one then if a new one comes out, sell it :dunno

Even if a new Venom with the symbol comes out, it'll be a good few years from now.

Only somewhat close timeframe would be a Venom from the Spider-Man 2 video game. That will be another year or two, then add on another year for the figure at minimum. As expensive as they figures are, I'm not settling for this look. Either classic Venom look or bust. The height on Carnage is a killer for me, pun intended. Sucks, but I'm passing.

Both figures look goddamn amazing, and will look incredible in a Spidey collection. Makes the wait so much harder 😩

Yea he just looks so good. When he gets the white spider I’ll definitely get that aswell.

I hope he gets a spider logo, but it's possible he never will. As much as I love comic Venom, I can live without a spider logo, just like I live without Jackman Logan not in yellow spandex and not being short.

I hope he gets a spider logo, but it's possible he never will. As much as I love comic Venom, I can live without a spider logo, just like I live without Jackman Logan not in yellow spandex and not being short.
O he’s getting that symbol but it’ll be 5 or 6 yrs before we see it on our shelves and this figure looks damn good. I don’t think we have any more venom in 1/6 scale

I think the symbol venom will be revealed in the next year, but even if so it will be the venomized iron man style which I'm also not thrilled with.

That's how Hollywood wins. You settle for their bad take. I never bought anything X-Men cause Fox's take on them frankly sucked.

I just posted my new edition of the Hot Toys Podcast for the month of September. My co-host was saying he was on the fence about ordering Venom. I told him in no uncertain terms that I don't think there will be another Venom figure. He jumped on the waitlist while we were recording lol. You can listen to the full discussion. The main argument against another Venom figure is about 35 minutes.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, that alternate head sculpt should've come with Venom as standard.
Absolutely! But it's just like HT to deliberately withhold accessories that should have come with their respective figures in their sneaky way of getting you to spend more money and order both :cautious:
If you want both figures that's fine. But having to buy Carnage to get the HS of a different figure? :slap

I just posted my new edition of the Hot Toys Podcast for the month of September. My co-host was saying he was on the fence about ordering Venom. I told him in no uncertain terms that I don't think there will be another Venom figure. He jumped on the waitlist while we were recording lol. You can listen to the full discussion. The main argument against another Venom figure is about 35 minutes.

The special edition isnt waitlisted yet. If he is on a waitlist from sideshow then he ordered the regular edition.

if he's waiting for another version
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why would you want a Brock or Cletus headsculpt anyway? Can't say I'd ever use them, I wanna see the symbiotes in their full glory.
I guess if you have extra bodies and clothes they would be nice to have but I wouldnt want them on the symbiote bodies either.

if he's waiting for another version
Spoiler Spoiler:
That discussion has been done to death. Sony pretending it’s in the mcu doesn’t mean marvel is going to adopt Sony’s venom. Your best shot at a real crossover is if the deal falls apart and Tom Holland’s Spiderman leaves the MCU to star in movies produced solely by Sony.
If your evidence hinges on Sony promising things then it’s really meaningless.

Back