Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end of an era…

Attachments

• 2F8F5B2A-E0A3-47B8-A4AD-5DA2CD06F6D9.jpeg
    2F8F5B2A-E0A3-47B8-A4AD-5DA2CD06F6D9.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 0
The end of an era…
I'm not a huge DC fan but I have a lot of faith in james gunn to make something cool. It would have been nice to have one more snyder justice league shot because I really enjoyed the snyder cut but maybe that could still happen someday though I'm not sure how.

I'm ambivalent. I loved Super way back when, and his Guardians films and special are absolutely great. Didn't think too much of The Suicide Squad. I'm not really looking forward to a more cartoony version that we'll probably end up getting. Interested to see how it all turns out, but me personally, I don't think it'll capture me like Snyder's stuff did.

Very open to it, but I don't really like the animated DC or overly light-hearted stuff. Guess I prefer the more mythological Gods and Men aspect of DC, never been much for the talking dogs or the like.

I don’t think we’ll even get an animated JL 2 and 3 by Snyder now. There was talk of that once. But I think if it were to happen post-DCU-reboot, it would risk making whatever WBD chooses to do moving forward potentially look bad. Not saying it will automatically do that, but there‘s a significant risk of that. And for that reason I doubt WBD will ever let it happen.

Actually, now that I think of it WBD stock tanks even further… like it’s currently trading at $9.25 having plummeted from a high of $77.27 the weekend that the Snyder cut released on HBO Max… and gets sold to a new owner like Apple or Disney… then maybe the animated conclusion to Snyder’s five film saga could come to pass.

And I hope that the stock continues to sink and he rights to the DC IPs do get sold again. Here’s hoping! 🤞

Last edited:
"Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened."

It's upsetting to see the end of an era but I'm glad I was able to be around when it happened. From seeing Man of Steel early through the Walmart special screening, seeing the trailer, the movie, and the Ultimate Edition of BvS in theaters, and then staying up all night to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League drop on HBO Max. It's been one hell of a ride.

I hope James Gunn's universe does well. I hope other people will get the same enjoyment that I have had from these characters.

InArt Man of Steel. Instant buy!

I, without hesitation, would gladly pay to have that, BvS, and Zack Snyder's Justice League collection. Even if it takes 10+ years to fulfill. It would be an awesome adventure to have that collection!

Nup. Personally I'm out. You can only burn the fans so many times. I hope Gunn's vision tanks and the company gets delisted from the stock exchange.

All anyone wanted was a finalisation of the Darkseid / Superman arc. That would have kept everyone happy and been an almost immediate start. But no....

Now I'm focusing more on Rebel Moon and other things that Zack is working on.

WB can burn in hell. They don't care about their fans.

Nup. Personally I'm out. You can only burn the fans so many times. I hope Gunn's vision tanks and the company gets delisted from the stock exchange.

All anyone wanted was a finalisation of the Darkseid / Superman arc. That would have kept everyone happy and been an almost immediate start. But no....

Now I'm focusing more on Rebel Moon and other things that Zack is working on.

WB can burn in hell. They don't care about their fans.

And it stings even more because apparently Mike DeLuca and Pam Abdy were setting things up to continue at least with the same actors, whether or not Zack ever returned. Although I suspect DeLuca was leaving the door open for a Zack return for JL 2 and 3 as well.

Then they promote Gunn—and he guts all that. It’s just bizarre.

It’s almost as if they want for the franchise to fail. Their stock is tanking. The price went from $77.27 the weekend that ZSJL released to $9.03 this morning. What Gunn is currently doing almost looks like it might be intended for WBD to be “forced” to sell the company. They’re already $50B in the red and about to seek and additional $1B in further write-offs.

Henry Cavill was apparently verbally promised he’d get a multi picture deal and they encouraged him to go out and start promoting it! Perhaps it was overeager of him to bail on Witcher on that basis… and yes, I know he claimed it was because of creative differences with the show’s writers… but was it really? i.e., I mean, come on, that decision coincides with him being told he’s back as Superman, etc. So evidently a hasty business decision on his part. Hopefully he’s fired Dany Garcia.

But anyway, the studio really screwed Henry badly. If Rebel Moon is a big hit…🙏… I hope and pray Zack puts Henry in a lead role in that franchise in Part 3. I’d love to see that happen and for Henry to be every bit as successful—even more so—as he would have been as Superman.

If I keep HBO Max I’ll probably eventually get around to watching the new rebooted stuff on that platform with mild curiosity. I will not go see it in a movie theater. My wife likes the idea of us having the full library of HBO Max, so we’re debating whether to keep it. But tbh we never actually watch it except for the DC content. And I’m not really into animated DC movies. I’ve given it a try and it’s definitely not for me. I liked TDKR and Flashpoint: Paradox, that‘s it. But I feel no inclination to rewatch those two movies—and if I liked them that much I’d just get them as 4K disks.

But in any case, WBD has made it’s bed. Now they’re going to lie in it. They alienated half of their fanbase. Although business-wise I can see their logic. I think they’re going to try to create a franchise that copies MCU and Star Wars, that captures those two Disney franchises’ style, which should attract MCU/SW fanboys who aren’t currently interested in DC. That should make up for the Snyderverse fans they’ve lost.

The only hope I see right now for the type of superhero content that speaks to me as a fan, is for Zack Snyder’s Stone Quarry studio to get the rights for some obscure but very cool superheroes, or for Zack to create his own superheroes Rebel Moon style, and thereby to create a unique new superhero universe that rivals DC and MCU.

Last edited:
And it stings even more because apparently Mike DeLuca and Pam Abdy were setting things up to continue at least with the same actors, whether or not Zack ever returned. Although I suspect DeLuca was leaving the door open for a Zack return and JL 2 and 3 as well.

It’s almost as if they want for the franchise to fail. Their stock is tanking. The price went from $77.27 the weekend that ZSJL released to $9.03 this morning. What Gunn is currently doing almost looks like it might be intended for WBD to be “forced” to sell the company. They’re already $50B in the red and about to seek and additional $1B in further write-offs.

Henry Cavill was apparently verbally promised he’d get a multi picture deal and they encouraged him to go out and start promoting it! Perhaps it was overeager of him to bail on Witcher on that basis… and yes, I know he claimed it was because of creative differences with the show’s writers… but was it really? i.e., I mean, come on, that decision coincides with him being told he’s back as Superman, etc. So evidently a hasty business decision on his part. Hopefully he’s fired Dany Garcia.

But anyway, the studio really screwed Henry badly. If Rebel Moon is a big hit…🙏… I hope and pray Zack puts Henry in a lead role in that franchise in Part 3. I’d love to see that happen and for Henry to be every bit as successful—even more so—as he would have been as Superman.

If I keep HBO Max I’ll probably eventually get around to watching the new rebooted stuff on that platform with mild curiosity. I will not go see it in a movie theater. My wife likes the idea of us having the full library of HBO Max, so we’re debating whether to keep it. But tbh we never actually watch it except for the DC content. And I’m not really into animated DC movies. I’ve given it a try and it’s definitely not for me. I liked TDKR and Flashpoint: Paradox, that‘s it. But I feel no inclination to rewatch those two movies—and if I liked them that much I’d just get them as 4K disks.

But in any case, WBD has made it’s bed. Now they’re going to lie in it. They alienated half of their fanbase. Although business-wise I can see their logic. I think they’re going to try to create a franchise that copies MCU and Star Wars, that captures those two Disney franchises’ style, which should attract MCU/SW fanboys who aren’t currently interested in DC. That should make up for the Snyderverse fans they’ve lost.

The only hope I see right now for the type of superhero content that speaks to me as a fan, is for Zack Snyder’s Stone Quarry studio to get the rights for some obscure but very cool superheroes, or for Zack to create his own superheroes Rebel Moon style, and thereby to create a unique new superhero universe that rivals DC and MCU.
You're very generous. No way in hell I'll be subscribing to anything WB. I have all I need on physical media.

I'm not a huge DC fan but I have a lot of faith in james gunn to make something cool. It would have been nice to have one more snyder justice league shot because I really enjoyed the snyder cut but maybe that could still happen someday though I'm not sure how.
i just hope it's not like "The Suicide Squad", did not really wow me.
but, who knows.. let's see...

"Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened."

It's upsetting to see the end of an era but I'm glad I was able to be around when it happened. From seeing Man of Steel early through the Walmart special screening, seeing the trailer, the movie, and the Ultimate Edition of BvS in theaters, and then staying up all night to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League drop on HBO Max. It's been one hell of a ride.

I hope James Gunn's universe does well. I hope other people will get the same enjoyment that I have had from these characters.

I, without hesitation, would gladly pay to have that, BvS, and Zack Snyder's Justice League collection. Even if it takes 10+ years to fulfill. It would be an awesome adventure to have that collection!

I wouldn't mind if InArt decides to do the JL series for us.. I would grab em!!

And it stings even more because apparently Mike DeLuca and Pam Abdy were setting things up to continue at least with the same actors, whether or not Zack ever returned. Although I suspect DeLuca was leaving the door open for a Zack return for JL 2 and 3 as well.

Wow what a huge drop in their share price, I see that they were at 9.04 at close today …that is horrific. That said, to be fair a lot has happened in the market since ZSJL released in mid 2021. However if you consider the drop since last December things still look bad, they peaked at around 30.06 in December 2021 and stayed in the mid 20’s through the middle of April then started dropping significantly recently as you indicated.

A lot of you guys in this forum know a lot more about the moves that have been going on with this studio than I do. I have been a Marvel guy my whole life but I do like Batman and enjoyed the Snyder Justice League (hated the first version) and it is puzzling why the DCEU is in so much chaos/turmoil. Whatever the problems are it seems that investors don’t have a lot of confidence that things are going to turn around anytime soon. Of course the market can be fickle and probably isn’t the best indicator, but damn WB, they have the three best known comic heroes in the world yet they can’t get their ish together enough to do them justice (yeah I said it).

What the hell is the problem over there???

Last edited:
I don’t think we’ll even get an animated JL 2 and 3 by Snyder now. There was talk of that once. But I think if it were to happen post-DCU-reboot, it would risk making whatever WBD chooses to do moving forward potentially look bad. Not saying it will automatically do that, but there‘s a significant risk of that. And for that reason I doubt WBD will ever let it happen.

Actually, now that I think of it WBD stock tanks even further… like it’s currently trading at $9.25 having plummeted from a high of $77.27 the weekend that the Snyder cut released on HBO Max… and gets sold to a new owner like Apple or Disney… then maybe the animated conclusion to Snyder’s five film saga could come to pass.

And I hope that the stock continues to sink and he rights to the DC IPs do get sold again. Here’s hoping! 🤞
probably not the answer to your prayers but there is this coming out christmas day apparently ,dont know anything about it other than whats said in the video ,doubt it will cheer anyone up much ,
it ain't much but it aint nothing i suppose lol

probably not the answer to your prayers but there is this coming out christmas day apparently ,dont know anything about it other than whats said in the video ,doubt it will cheer anyone up much ,
it ain't much but it aint nothing i suppose lol

It's based on the story written by Snyder and Terrio before they rewrote it after BvS.

Back