1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was mentioned in the Anakin thread that Hot Toys shorted the run of dark side Anakin figures leaving several collectors out in the cold, even some on Flex.

That sucks, hope they were refunded everything including the non refundable deposit.

While I'd kinda like to have a figure of The Child to accompany Din, I have always found the Beskar armor look boring compared to the more gritty DIY version 1 look, so I am quite content to have this figure be my definitive Mando. And man alive is it a photogenic toy.

(The wind and the cloth cape made for a fabulous combination!)

Meanwhile, a friend gave me his old Power of the Force Rancor, so I went ahead and bought the 1:18 Mandalorian. The "weathering" on the helmet is unintentionally comical, but there are things one can do with a 1:18 figure that are impossible with sixth-scale.

I have only ever owned a handful of Hot Toys figures over the years, owing to budgetary limitations. My wife made my year by getting this figure for me for Christmas. My mission is to get him to the ocean eventually.

Not the greatest place to ask this but, has the Beskar version been released or something...? I keep seeing reviews and armor addons.

Not the greatest place to ask this but, has the Beskar version been released or something...? I keep seeing reviews and armor addons.

Yes it has been released in Hong Kong a few months back and now US is starting to trickle in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow....just....wow. Great photos! There's a few that could easily pass as "man in suit". Nicely done!
Mother of god those are some awesome pics.
That's some awesome pics Monte Williams. Very nice.
Pure Awesomeness, Monte!
Yep, very cool Monte ! Does this group of photos have a name like you often give them ?

Thank you so much, everybody, for the kind words! Photographing this toy has been so much fun.

Hoody, I've weirdly become much more boring about titling photos in the past year or two, so most of these photos just have quotes from the series for their titles; "Decommissioned Mandalorian Hunter, Din Djarin," "Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession," the obligatory "This is the Way," etc.

However, the foggy shots are titled "The Lonesome Cry of the Mynock"; I like the mood of that title.

And I titled the photos of the Rancor with the 1:18 Mando "Season Three". Why? Because a year ago I captured this photo:

I titled that one "Season Two" a year ago (almost to the day), and I figure if I produce one unlikely prophecy a year, I want the next one to involve a Rancor. ;)

While I'd kinda like to have a figure of The Child to accompany Din, I have always found the Beskar armor look boring compared to the more gritty DIY version 1 look, so I am quite content to have this figure be my definitive Mando. And man alive is it a photogenic toy.

BRUH. :thud: this looks like someone's excellent cosplay.

I have only ever owned a handful of Hot Toys figures over the years, owing to budgetary limitations. My wife made my year by getting this figure for me for Christmas. My mission is to get him to the ocean eventually.

I live on the Gulf Coast and I sooooo want to take my HT guys to the beach, those backgrounds are always in-scale. I used to do a lot of other hobby photography at the beach, back in the day. Best place for figure shots of any kind.

Then I think about losing someone's boot knife during the shoot, or a gun and I'm like..... maaaaaybe not.

BRUH. :thud: this looks like someone's excellent cosplay.

Thank you! Hot Toys figures do a lot of the heavy lifting. :)

Outstanding natural shots! That blowing cape adds a lot.

Thanks! I was pretty happy with the wind, although it did cause Mando to topple once, and consequently he has a slight ding on his helmet; it's barely noticeable, and I tell myself it's battle damage, but it's still a bummer.

Speaking of which...

I live on the Gulf Coast and I sooooo want to take my HT guys to the beach, those backgrounds are always in-scale. I used to do a lot of other hobby photography at the beach, back in the day. Best place for figure shots of any kind.

Then I think about losing someone's boot knife during the shoot, or a gun and I'm like..... maaaaaybe not.

I've lost accessories before, and as noted above, figures do take a header on occasion; I just got home from photographing a custom-painted figure that fell and got a bit dinged up. It sucks when it happens, but it happens seldom enough and toy photography makes me happy enough that it's felt worth it. So far.

About fifteen years ago, I was photographing a huge G.I. Joe Sigma 6 mech on the rim of the Snake River Canyon when a gust of wind sent it toppling over the rim. I climbed down over the rim to retrieve it. :)

Thank you! Hot Toys figures do a lot of the heavy lifting. :)

I've lost accessories before, and as noted above, figures do take a header on occasion; I just got home from photographing a custom-painted figure that fell and got a bit dinged up. It sucks when it happens, but it happens seldom enough and toy photography makes me happy enough that it's felt worth it. So far.

About fifteen years ago, I was photographing a huge G.I. Joe Sigma 6 mech on the rim of the Snake River Canyon when a gust of wind sent it toppling over the rim. I climbed down over the rim to retrieve it. :)

Worth it for a great fig:cool: - hope the photographers who go the extra mile know it's appreciated. Luv the details of a great HT and it's good to see them photographed in a way that does them justice (I save off the pics I like the best).

(And that's not to say quick cell pics aren't appreciated as well; there's a realism you get with fast pics that helps to get a feel for a fig. Or not. Hopefully in time to order, or cancel if needed.)

(And that's not to say quick cell pics aren't appreciated as well; there's a realism you get with fast pics that helps to get a feel for a fig. Or not. Hopefully in time to order, or cancel if needed.)

Agreed! One of my favorite portraits of Hot Toys Joe Colton is a hasty cell phone photo I captured with my front door as the backdrop. It's not epic, but the mundane setting brings out his eerie lifelike qualities more than my more epic shots in nature. Plus, an outdoor photo, when done well, can mislead you because it tells a compelling story that might blind you to the faults of the toy, the same way Hot Toys faces look so realistic that sometimes it's not immediately apparent when a likeness is off.

Monte Williams thank you so much for your photo expose on the Mandalorian! Simply amazing as others have said. What camera are you using if I may ask?

Monte Williams thank you so much for your photo expose on the Mandalorian! Simply amazing as others have said. What camera are you using if I may ask?

Thank you for the generous words! My camera is a Canon Powershot SD 1300 IS. I'd produce better shots if I upgraded, but I'm a creature of habit; I have bought this same exact camera three times now. The best thing is, it's so outdated that it's cheap as hell; my current one cost me $40!

If I spent hundreds of dollars on a fancypants camera, I'd be too afraid to use it. With a beat-to-hell Canon, I never have to fret. And they're great little cameras, for all their simplicity (and I for one like the simplicity; the learning curve of big-ticket cameras intimidates me).

Thank you so much for your reply Monte Williams...I believe that quality of photos is more to do with the person taking the pictures...so kudos to you and thank you for sharing! This is what makes this the best forum!!

Thank you for the generous words! My camera is a Canon Powershot SD 1300 IS. I'd produce better shots if I upgraded, but I'm a creature of habit; I have bought this same exact camera three times now. The best thing is, it's so outdated that it's cheap as hell; my current one cost me $40!

If I spent hundreds of dollars on a fancypants camera, I'd be too afraid to use it. With a beat-to-hell Canon, I never have to fret. And they're great little cameras, for all their simplicity (and I for one like the simplicity; the learning curve of big-ticket cameras intimidates me).

I love the fact that you've kept your camera tech low-key and that it's your "eye" and creativity that produces these amazing shots. Very inspirational.

Hoody, I've weirdly become much more boring about titling photos in the past year or two, so most of these photos just have quotes from the series for their titles; "Decommissioned Mandalorian Hunter, Din Djarin," "Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession," the obligatory "This is the Way," etc.

However, the foggy shots are titled "The Lonesome Cry of the Mynock"; I like the mood of that title.

"The Lonesome Cry of the Mynock" : Gold !!

Back