1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the generous words! My camera is a Canon Powershot SD 1300 IS. I'd produce better shots if I upgraded, but I'm a creature of habit; I have bought this same exact camera three times now. The best thing is, it's so outdated that it's cheap as hell; my current one cost me $40!

If I spent hundreds of dollars on a fancypants camera, I'd be too afraid to use it. With a beat-to-hell Canon, I never have to fret. And they're great little cameras, for all their simplicity (and I for one like the simplicity; the learning curve of big-ticket cameras intimidates me).

freakin amazing what you have done with a simple camera> The shots are incredible and the life like perception mode shows u have an eye for creating realism with minimal ease> Congrats and keep them coming.

Thank you so much for your reply Monte Williams...I believe that quality of photos is more to do with the person taking the pictures...so kudos to you and thank you for sharing! This is what makes this the best forum!!

You are too kind, thank you!

I love the fact that you've kept your camera tech low-key and that it's your "eye" and creativity that produces these amazing shots. Very inspirational.

Thanks, man. Sometimes I feel like I should cowboy-up and learn to use a "real" camera (and/or learn about lighting and building dioramas and painting, etc.), but this way I get to spend all my hobby funds on toys rather than paint or lenses or whatever.

"The Lonesome Cry of the Mynock" : Gold !!

Ha ha, thanks! I honestly have no idea why I stopped putting more work into my titles. I think only certain characters lend themselves to the moody, pompous tone I always favored.

freakin amazing what you have done with a simple camera> The shots are incredible and the life like perception mode shows u have an eye for creating realism with minimal ease> Congrats and keep them coming.

Thank you so much!

"This is the way."

Studio Session-2535 rz.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3625.jpg
    IMG_3625.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3630.jpg
    IMG_3630.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3641.jpg
    IMG_3641.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 146
Nice work, Sixth Scale Man! I have tried that rifle-behind-the-shoulder pose numerous times, but with no success; I can't get the elbow to bend far enough!

Auel, your lighting is divine!

Nice work, Sixth Scale Man! I have tried that rifle-behind-the-shoulder pose numerous times, but with no success; I can't get the elbow to bend far enough!

Auel, your lighting is divine!

Thanks Monte! I found the elbow only goes so far, the rest is getting the wrist to bend at the right angle to get the rifle on the shoulder.
And I will echo the sentiments re: Auel's lighting - amazing!

WOW using the trigger finger hands for the rifle for a short while really makes it where these same hands can?t hold the pistol blaster any more without pretty much falling out. Anyone else having this problem?

WOW using the trigger finger hands for the rifle for a short while really makes it where these same hands can?t hold the pistol blaster any more without pretty much falling out. Anyone else having this problem?

It seems like it?s a common issue. Best thing to do is find a spare trigger hand and use it for the rifle exclusively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been on the hunt even since lol. Which can only mean this hand will be 30 dollars

Yeah it?s going to be pricey for sure. Least I know this for when my Beskar Mando comes in. I might try hot water, reshape it then cold to try and get it to reform.

Inspired by Monte and Auel, I dusted off my Canon 550D. The setting isn't as exotic or moody as featured in their amazing pics, but it was fun to play around with an actual camera again :)

Beautiful shots and lighting. Can't match a better camera - but, since I've got a thing for diorama bases - a few tablet shots. Also, managed to source a V2 knife, which made me happy as I like knives too.:monkey3:cool: V2 parts are showing up now and then on the 'bay including insanely priced Child.

Also picked up some bendy hands to do something with later - if this fig has a flaw, IMO the hands are stiff enough it can be hard to position.

HotToys_mandalorianV1_wdoor.jpg

HotToys_mandalorianV1_knife.jpg

Waiting on IG:impatient:

That dio is hella dope, Sassafras!

As for his hands, one of my Mando's hands broke when I tried to gently pry it open to accommodate an accessory! The four fingers popped out as one piece; I was able to superglue it back in.

But yeah, these hands are clunky and frustrating, and I also think they look a bit cheap.

That dio is hella dope, Sassafras!

As for his hands, one of my Mando's hands broke when I tried to gently pry it open to accommodate an accessory! The four fingers popped out as one piece; I was able to superglue it back in.

But yeah, these hands are clunky and frustrating, and I also think they look a bit cheap.

Thanks:)! I only get away with heavy stands and backgrounds (even rocks I find, and patio tiles) tho 'coz I use bookshelves for displays. Think cut and painted styrofoam might give the same effect - haven't tried yet.:frank

I thought the hands looked fine, but man they are stiff. Plus the 2-part construction is kinda weird. Gonna try some painted bendy hands eventually (matching the armor plate will take some work). Guess HT figured it was easier to be consistent with the 2-part hands, but not the first time HT didn't care about actual use.:slap

Still, kudos to HT for a lot of amazing details on this one.

Do you guys think I would be able to acquire a mms 136 tech noir terminator if this guy was part of a trade?

Do you guys think I would be able to acquire a mms 136 tech noir terminator if this guy was part of a trade?

God yes!
This is a way better figure than that though and will one day be much higher in value. But if you are looking for that figure and really don?t mind giving up the Mando than it?s more than fair on your part.
I think objectively Mando is a better figure, will be more sought after in a year plus.

God yes!
This is a way better figure than that though and will one day be much higher in value. But if you are looking for that figure and really don?t mind giving up the Mando than it?s more than fair on your part.
I think objectively Mando is a better figure, will be more sought after in a year plus.

I haven?t made up my mind yet on it. I think I?ll just save up for the terminator and just eat the high cost for it. I have beskar mando coming, but I keep looking at my shelf and seeing that mando makes me second guess my possible decision. So for now, Mando stays.

Took old Mando out on another shoot this morning. It was miserably cold, but I had fun nonetheless. (Forgot to add: Thank you again, Sixth Scale Man, for the tip re: posing!)

I'll start with one of the lesser portraits, simply because it provides an interesting look at some of the fire damage that currently scars the park:

Clouds would disappear and it'd warm up a bit, then a bank would roll in like so and I'd be freezing again:

The resulting fog added some nice mood:

A quick palate-cleanser in the form of a look at the ding on Mando's helmet from when the wind knocked him over on my first-ever shoot with him:

I mostly don't mind it, but I'm sure it'll cost me some when I eventually sell him.

To close, some gunslinger portraits:

Back