Hot toys Star Wars: Ahsoka™ - 1/6th scale Captain Rex™ Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least the perfected it and fixed jawline/mouth line… :monkey1
We're presuming though that they won't just use the same generic sculpt they already have. The Clone Pilot had the correct mouth in its prototype version, but it still was ultimately changed at release for the same "501st" production sculpt with the borked mouth.

If it launches looking as it does in the Prototype I'll be in, but if if they pull another fast one I'm out.

We're presuming though that they won't just use the same generic sculpt they already have. The Clone Pilot had the correct mouth in its prototype version, but it still was ultimately changed at release for the same "501st" production sculpt with the borked mouth.

If it launches looking as it does in the Prototype I'll be in, but if if they pull another fast one I'm out.
This is why this figure is a candidate for "buy when in-stock". If pre-sold out, then it is what it is IMO. More clones are to come, hopefully CGI versions and not the "Realistic" type.

They added the mold lines on the side portions of the helmet. I have already warned them about this during preproduction phase of Rex v1 but they have ignored.

secret-base-photo-of-captain-rex-v2-v0-ow5l034vle4c1.jpeg

Its almost worse that they got rid of the foot prints on the sand base, now our hyper real figures get to float on soft sand, way to go above and beyond HT 😅

1701758626331.jpeg

iPhone shared an old picture with me. As you see (know), our first iteration is a bit green. Thankfully fixed with this new version. Not digging the realistic belly piece. What I really don’t dig is its price…

View attachment 676892
iPhone shared an old picture with me. As you see (know), our first iteration is a bit green. Thankfully fixed with this new version. Not digging the realistic belly piece. What I really don’t dig is its price…

I have extra armor parts that I’ll swap onto Phase 1 Rex. Abdomen included; not a fan either.

Though honestly it might be better if I just put the Phase 1 Rex parts onto another Clone figure. :lol

I have extra armor parts that I’ll swap onto Phase 1 Rex. Abdomen included; not a fan either.

Though honestly it might be better if I just put the Phase 1 Rex parts onto another Clone figure. :lol
Honestly, I think Sideshow P1 Rex would be easier and look better (if do a body swap will be best p1 rex). Consistent colour across the whole armour if you Sideshow as opposed to mixing and matching. This Ahsoka version can be skipped unless folk want an Ahsoka version specifically.

Ignoring source accuracy (since the new one is accurate to the show) and just going by look, the less tinted colour on the Ahsoka version is an improvement as is the helmet (actually has correct visor shape for realistic Rex, and the mouth "speakers" look better too). Pretty much everything else is better on the Clone Wars version IMHO.

Ignoring source accuracy (since the new one is accurate to the show) and just going by look, the less tinted colour on the Ahsoka version is an improvement as is the helmet (actually has correct visor shape for realistic Rex, and the mouth "speakers" look better too). Pretty much everything else is better on the Clone Wars version IMHO.
Boots, pauldron, knee bend clearance, glove details all better on the new one. The one thing I prefer on the old one is the holsters.

Don't really think you can go wrong with either. Both look good to me though I don't know all the accurate details like others do enough to say this is wrong or that is right, etc. From looks alone though, I think my preference is the new one. Proportions on the new one are looking a bit more natural

Last edited:
Boots, pauldron, knee bend clearance, glove details all better on the new one. The one thing I prefer on the old one is the holsters.
If talking pauldron, I dislike both, I honestly would prefer ROTS style pauldron (like Sideshow p1 Rex had). But of the two above, I still would go with v1 plastic pauldron as that v2 one might mis-shapen or flake over time due to material. I would obviously opt for it to be loose not stuck to the chest plate to allow for movement (Sideshow again did that on theirs).

While the boots look good they are a different design from all the prequel/clone wars ones so would stick with v1 boots for consistency. Ditto on the gloves.

If talking pauldron, I dislike both, I honestly would prefer ROTS style pauldron (like Sideshow p1 Rex had). But of the two above, I still would go with v1 plastic pauldron as that v2 one might mis-shapen or flake over time due to material. I would obviously opt for it to be loose not stuck to the chest plate to allow for movement (Sideshow again did that on theirs).

While the boots look good they are a different design from all the prequel/clone wars ones so would stick with v1 boots for consistency. Ditto on the gloves.
The CW pauldron vs RotS comparison has been made many times. Not even the coveted Stormtrooper design has been consistent, I’m accepting both as accurate as we’ve seen both used on screen. I have the Commander Appo, he’s got the RotS style design, I like them both.

The material is what it is, I’m just going to have fun with it before it breaks down eventually. The Stormtrooper faux leather pauldrons have been fine and I’ve been playing with them a lot, if they keep the same material I’m fine with it. The old Rex is very sturdy but I don’t like the arm being limited.

Agreed. The new holsters, while show accurate, look so chunky and oversized. But, I think I can live with it.

I do like the armor being even more different than the "standard" clone or at the very least don't mind as I didn't even really notice until the comparison pics posted above. Given that he already stands out with his unique look, it doesn't break any illusion to me that he'd have even more unique armor pieces compared to regular clones

Last edited:
Agreed. The new holsters, while show accurate, look so chunky and oversized. But, I think I can live with it.

I do like the armor being even more different than the "standard" clone or at the very least don't mind as I didn't even really notice until the comparison pics posted above. Given that he already stands out with his unique look, it doesn't break any illusion to me that he'd have even more unique armor pieces compared to regular clones
it is just my personal head canon now that clone armour and weaponry was produced by multiple manufacturers resulting in differences and each trooper may have more than 1 set of armour during their career. only way to really make it make sense

Back