1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven?t made up my mind yet on it. I think I?ll just save up for the terminator and just eat the high cost for it. I have beskar mando coming, but I keep looking at my shelf and seeing that mando makes me second guess my possible decision. So for now, Mando stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The above pics should make up your mind haha.
I get if Terminator is priority in your collection. I have a few myself, including the B/D T1 T800. I just think the quality is no match...Mando is a way better figure. Old T1 is very dated and doesn?t have the same polish that HTs has generally kept as a standard during the 2013-14 and on releases.

I think most ppl are saying this Mando will probably not get rereleased...at least not for a long long time. Mando most likely won?t downgrade the armour and will only upgrade through the seasons. And HT will concentrate on making those armours rather than going back to older ones. So I imagine this OG Mando will be very rare, sought after and if reselling is a priority than I don?t think there is a figure with as much potential to rise in price as the OG Mando.

Last thing is if you are getting both the OG and Deluxe, you can use all those accessories on both and have two Grogus to display. But if I had to chose one I?d go OG over deluxe for the simple fact that his shiny Beskar armour will probably be Mandos standard armour with only minor changes and HTs will release future season full Beskars.

Anyways. Just one collectors opinion to another.

Took old Mando out on another shoot this morning. It was miserably cold, but I had fun nonetheless. (Forgot to add: Thank you again, Sixth Scale Man, for the tip re: posing!)

I'll start with one of the lesser portraits, simply because it provides an interesting look at some of the fire damage that currently scars the park:

Clouds would disappear and it'd warm up a bit, then a bank would roll in like so and I'd be freezing again:

The resulting fog added some nice mood:

A quick palate-cleanser in the form of a look at the ding on Mando's helmet from when the wind knocked him over on my first-ever shoot with him:

I mostly don't mind it, but I'm sure it'll cost me some when I eventually sell him.

To close, some gunslinger portraits:

Haha! Yes, you got the pose. Love the new pics.

Thanks for the compliment guys :hi5:

There are far better photos on Instagram with super talented people.

I'm just lucky with my lightings :rotfl

Studio Session-2564 rz.jpg

Yea. Thanks for the advice guys. He will stay on the shelf.

Originally I got this guy to satiate my Mando craving until I got Beskar Mando and then possibly sell it. But every time I look at him on the shelf, I don’t know if I could bring myself to part with it.

Originally I got this guy to satiate my Mando craving until I got Beskar Mando and then possibly sell it. But every time I look at him on the shelf, I don’t know if I could bring myself to part with it.

Yeah, to me it's worth having both versions of Mando on the shelf. With the S2 upgrade kit Boomix is selling, having a Season 1 and Season 2 mando represented is pretty ideal. It also gives me a Mando companion for both the Heavy Gunner Mando and IG-11. Everyone's a winner! :)

I think it is worth having both as well. Honestly I have quite a few HTs, three detolfs full, and originally I was going to buy just the Deluxe Mando. But my wife told me to not buy any figures before XMas and she got me the OG Mando. Opening it up, I was blown away with the workManship that has gone into this figure. So I thought maybe I don?t need the DLX but I looked at a few older SS figures I had (Proto Fett, SS Jango, SS Grievous) and decided to sell them off and make space for the DLX (plus fund Scout with bike and HT Jango).

Honestly this line is getting HTs extra amount of care and detail. Like I said I have quite a few HTs and this Mando is up there. (Maybe I should do a top 10 figures video on YouTube hmm).

I think it is worth having both as well. Honestly I have quite a few HTs, three detolfs full, and originally I was going to buy just the Deluxe Mando. But my wife told me to not buy any figures before XMas and she got me the OG Mando. Opening it up, I was blown away with the workManship that has gone into this figure. So I thought maybe I don?t need the DLX but I looked at a few older SS figures I had (Proto Fett, SS Jango, SS Grievous) and decided to sell them off and make space for the DLX (plus fund Scout with bike and HT Jango).

Honestly this line is getting HTs extra amount of care and detail. Like I said I have quite a few HTs and this Mando is up there. (Maybe I should do a top 10 figures video on YouTube hmm).

Yeah, tho I'd put Qui-Gon up there for having a great costume and just being a satisfying purchase. Still waiting on the Beskar version but thinking this Mando and TWS Winter Soldier may be my 2 top fav figs - and there are some great figs like IW Bucky, CW Wanda, IM 46 diecast and IW Rhodey...

OK, this never happened, but this fig is so personable and fun to work with...

Mando_child_opt.jpg

When I get the Beskar version and can mix and match, I will be beside myself:lol:frank:elefant

PS. The Hallmark ornament at the moment is only available from 3rd party sellers at 2x the price.

Going back over the show, I totally forgot how this armour really is only in 2 episodes. It is such an amazing look and really an amazing piece!

Seriously one of the best figure I've own, the looks, playability, functionality are all top notch!

Going back over the show, I totally forgot how this armour really is only in 2 episodes. It is such an amazing look and really an amazing piece!

Yeah, luv my TWS Bucky, but the issues with weapons just falling off is well known - I guess my Doctor Strange v1 is a great release but I don't think of him as an action hero really; and there's figs like Iron Man that I have to make sure I don't scratch...

I think this armor - tho it wasn't in the show for long - is pretty defining, thanks to it being the first; and also a great look and color scheme. It's kind of burned in my brain along with those first trailer images. I mean we were all there for something NEW in the SW universe.

Mando_season_opt.jpg

PS. So many excellent images of this fig!:clap:clap:clap I'll throw this one in, tho I already posed him with the knife.

Hot_toysMandalorian_blu1.jpg

Just waiting on the Beskar so I can mix it up. Was talking to Sideshow and they said re the Beskar they had gotten a small shipment in - and those were the ones some folks got already, but no word yet on the next shipment - stay tuned.

Your angles, poses and toning/lighting are beautiful:clap. Really brings home how great this fig is - every detail including the rifle.

Looking forward to everyone's V2 + V1 pics.

Killing it with the amazing photos, Auel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That pic is kick-arse! Great job, Auel!

Thanks guys, this is just a wonderful piece of art. Can't stop taking pictures of it.

I doubt I'll have the same feelings for beska tho, it's just... chrome :(

Thanks guys, this is just a wonderful piece of art. Can't stop taking pictures of it.

I doubt I'll have the same feelings for beska tho, it's just... chrome :(

I feel like that off and on - watching the series, IMO when the undersuit looks chocolate brown and the Beskar really gleaming (Season 2 Episode 1) it's pretty spectacular. Like whatever is going on with Mando, he's not poor. Or going hungry.:cool:

I've seen side by side shots, but hard to say until he's in hand. But - I don't regret picking up a second of the V1. Besides being a great fig, I couldn't decide between display with rifle or display with blaster - IMO the rifle blast effect is pretty effective. He's fairly easy to work with, tho not as easy as Qui-Gon, say.

And now V1 is sold out $$$$ - saw someone charging 70$ for the cape alone on the 'bay:horror. I wanted an extra cape to permanently stiffen into a windblown effect but not paying that just for a cape.

2mandosv1_opt.jpg

Still futzing with this shelf - waiting on IG-11, really:impatient: Cara at this point would be a bonus:pray:

Wow these photos look amazing! Really great stuff guys. I have the figure myself but it is amazing to see the potential with this guy in terms of realistic photos.

Back