1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Scout Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jkno continues to bless us with his presence and information on helmets....

Thank you for the input.

It is interesting how closely the HT scout helmet comes in looking like the SSC helmet... Reminds me of when HT first dropped their Boba Fett... and like other Fett enthusiast we awaited with baited breath for what we would assume would be way more accurate than the SSC previously offered... and when it finally came it was pretty much exactly like the SSC, oversized tvisor and long face....

In some aspects, I feel like HT must be looking at original prop photos, then looking at sideshow and deciding whether or not they'll just follow SSC's lead. It's also possible maybe the artists/teams share their own forum of discussion. How else could you explain such similarities in approach to a character that hold the same flaws.

Then when HT ESB Fett came and they tried to clean up the helmet shape a bit, but overall pretty much the same deal.

Let's cross our fingers for the ROTJ Fett... and for more serious clean up

:duff

I really hope HT will redesign the ROTJ Scout helmet when it comes to making that figure

No one asks for 100% accuracy, but when the accuracy is nowhere near the screen used props, then you have a problem, especially at this time and age, when these collectible companies have access to almost everything...

I agree completely.

Gentle Giant Stormtrooper mini-bust, the first version, remains the most accurate 1/6 Stormie collectible. It comes with a helmet scanned from a screen used helmet and besides the fact that is a tad smaller and having big mictips, it doesn't have any other flaws. The GG Scout is also the most accurate. Neither are 100% accurate but if a company would do them close enough today, people will see why some of these helmets are so beautiful even when scaled down

That's good to know, I still have him.

:duff

I really hope HT will redesign the ROTJ Scout helmet when it comes to making that figure

ah my last line was supposed to say cross our fingers for the ROTJ Scout***

Yeah hopefully they will redesign it. And I'm triple crossing fingers for liftable visor :duff

ah my last line was supposed to say cross our fingers for the ROTJ Scout***

Yeah hopefully they will redesign it. And I'm triple crossing fingers for liftable visor :duff

Liftable visor would be awesome, not sure if they will go with it, but I would like it, especially if HT manages to make a good looking and fitting Scout lid.

SPOILER: I haven't seen the show, you're right!

It's almost like we're commenting on the aesthetic of the figure which is all you can do right now. It isn't a criticism of Hot Toys, it's of the lame design, whether that's what they were going for in the show as you say doesn't matter, it looks bad!

Cannot. Unsee. What. Has. Been. Seen.

Again, blame the show, not Hot Toys (except the helmet sculpt, which isn't very accurate to the EFX.) The skinny-fat physique, the nappy, the man-tiddies, the gut - it's all there onscreen, and was clearly intentional. This wasn't an accident, it was part of the joke.

bVHf1BJ.jpg

And in terms of the Mando scout looking inaccurate compared to a ROTJ scout, the Mando one is simply an off-the-shelf EFX helmet (which are decent) and a Walt's Trooper Factory kit of armor (which is on the cheaper end of the scale for cosplayer sets in both price and quality) and the TIE-style jumpsuit. I love the visible zip-ties on the back of the costume (there's only supposed to be one, hidden in the middle of the grenade.):lol

The speeder bike would need at least a dozen (yeah, relatively minor) changes to make it accurate to ROTJ but the Scout would need quite a bit of new armor to match ROTJ. They used a cheap cosplayer armor set that really isn't all that accurate to ROTJ.

Fortunately the Scout doesn't look as derpy when seated on the speeder. I'm not deciding on this until after season 2. I might get one just because the look of him zipping away with the Child slung over his shoulder in that bag looks pretty cool.

But I would not want any of these displayed as foot soldiers.

Any derpiness in the standing pics will probably be minimized with some futzing.

For those guys here who have a serious eye for detail, honestly glad I'm in the 'ignorance is bliss' camp. And to be clear, this is not me being a smart ass. Those guys are AWESOME, but for me to notice an error, it has to be pretty glaring.

I had a blast customizing my HT ANH Vader head/helmet but once those issues are pointed out to you, there is no UNSEEING...lol

To me, the HT Snowtrooper looks dead-on perfect! But, I doubt it is.......

Hot Toys: ANH Tie Pilot please!!!!

In the actual Mandalorian show: yeah, thought the Biker Scout stuff was hilarious myself.

Last edited:
Again, blame the show, not Hot Toys (except the helmet sculpt, which isn't very accurate to the EFX.) The skinny-fat physique, the nappy, the man-tiddies, the gut - it's all there onscreen, and was clearly intentional. This wasn't an accident, it was part of the joke.]

No argument there, man. But I understand why folks pine for the ROTJ version.

This is the Sheriff Hopper mash-up scout. Moff Gideon must?ve relaxed PT standards and equipment care. Wonder what an Imperial Guard would look like in Mando era...

Again, blame the show, not Hot Toys (except the helmet sculpt, which isn't very accurate to the EFX.) The skinny-fat physique, the nappy, the man-tiddies, the gut - it's all there onscreen, and was clearly intentional. This wasn't an accident, it was part of the joke.]

No argument there, man. But I understand why folks pine for the ROTJ version.

This is the Sheriff Hopper mash-up scout. Moff Gideon must?ve relaxed PT standards and equipment care. Wonder what an Imperial Guard would look like in Mando era...

:rotfl

Imperial Guards show up in Mando wearing stained red bathrobes instead of ROTJ robes - love it.:lol

Any derpiness in the standing pics will probably be minimized with some futzing.

For those guys here who have a serious eye for detail, honestly glad I'm in the 'ignorance is bliss' camp. And to be clear, this is not me being a smart ass. Those guys are AWESOME, but for me to notice an error, it has to be pretty glaring.

I had a blast customizing my HT ANH Vader head/helmet but once those issues are pointed out to you, there is no UNSEEING...lol

To me, the HT Snowtrooper looks dead-on perfect! But, I doubt it is.......

Hot Toys: ANH Tie Pilot please!!!!

In the actual Mandalorian show: yeah, thought the Biker Scout stuff was hilarious myself.

Ironically enough, the Sideshow TIE pilot is one of the most accurate troopers Sideshow has ever made (way better than their ATAT driver.)

And HT did only middling work on both their stormies, their sandie and their Imperial Gunner so not sure I'm holding my breath for a HT TIE pilot. I mean even both their Vaders and both their Fetts have issues (though ESB Fett helmet is pretty damn nice other than the T.)

But yeah - the HT Snowie, other than being a bit of a shortie, having cheapo Hasbro-style boots and having odd stubby-legs proportions, is a super nice figure with a near-perfect helmet.

I am definitely a fan of the Sideshow Tie Pilot - aside from it being on a tall body! And here I thought the At-At Driver looked accurate, but haven't watched ESB in a bit

Fortunately the Scout doesn't look as derpy when seated on the speeder.

Watching the last two episodes again recently I couldn't help but notice that even the Deathtroopers had more of a derpy cosplay look than their badass RO counterparts. I guess the Mandalorians themselves ate up 90% of the costuming budget.

Watching the last two episodes again recently I couldn't help but notice that even the Deathtroopers had more of a derpy cosplay look than their badass RO counterparts. I guess the Mandalorians themselves ate up 90% of the costuming budget.

I can only assume the budget for the show has been increased to "whatever you need" due to it's popularity. I am both excited and concerned for season 2. I finished rewatching season 1 yesterday and I think I enjoyed it even more. The filler episodes 4,5, and 6 didn't bother me as much, I just enjoyed them for what they are.

Yeah it's strange that so much of the show's visuals are as good as anything you'd see in a theatrical production (TIE Fighter, Razor Crest, Mudhorn, etc.) but then for the Scouts and Deathtroopers which you'd think would be the easiest since they could just re-use old costumes (or at least re-tailor based on the original designs) they end up being cheap looking. At least they apparently had enough RO Stormtrooper costumes left over that the Remnant Troopers and Gideon's shiny brigade all looked awesome.

I d9 t agree at all. Even if it was suppose to played as comic relief, it doesn?t dismiss the fact that fat cat Disney jus didn?t want to pony up with the money and make costumes, but instead hit up people in the 501st etc, while the truth is, Lucas would never allow such a thing with such low standards as what this show has delivered.

Ah, Lucas and his high standards.

His standards were so high that he cadged Bossk's costume in ESB from the set of Dr Who....? Yes he did, and IIRC Zuckuss' eyes were made from regular old bubble-wrap. Its Cartier, all day every day over in Lucasville, you betcha. Nothing but the best!

Good lord did someone really just claim that George wasn't cheap, even as late as the prequel era? :lol

Go back and watch the Ewok movies if you want to see what a post-ROTJ live-action TV show looks like under George's command.

Good lord did someone really just claim that George wasn't cheap, even as late as the prequel era? :lol

Go back and watch the Ewok movies if you want to see what a post-ROTJ live-action TV show looks like under George's command.

Yeah, it's amazing how they would recycle stuff over and over, even within the same movie. Like Nilo Rodis is like "here's a cool design for the ATST driver!" and George is like "nah, just tear the goggles and plastic sheet off the Snowtrooper helmet from the last movie and we'll use them as ATST driver helmets, along with reused ATAT driver jumpsuits and Imperial belts and while you're at it, paint over those leftover ATAT driver helmets and we'll use them as extra TIE pilots for the DS arrival" - nothing goes to waste.:lol

Even the bounty hunters - Dengar is a bunch of repainted Imperial armor combined with Hoth rebel gloves, belt, shoes and gaiters with a diaper on his head, another is metal junk glued together with a cantina dispenser as a head, another is the head and outfit of two cantina dwellers combined... then they repaint IG for the trash scene?:rotfl Yet... all classics!:yess:

Lando skiff's armor pieces are used for him, Fozec and Klaatu (who also reuses Bib Fortuna's armor as well) - and then Fozec has a Biker Scout armor piece glued to a cast of Lando's skiff helmet.:slap

George was so funny. I mean it's like your depression-era grandma is the film's production manager.:rotfl

Back