1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Scout Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to pile on but the side by side is pretty glaring.

Would like to get the speeder though. Sideshows looked too short, and I think it was over $300.

The sideshow scout trooper is just fine for me.

Yes! Endor version is on the horizon! Waiting for cleaner ROTJ scout. Very nice set though. Love the child expression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guaranteed delivery in Q2 2023.:monkey3:lol

Wow that helmet really IS off. Strange how neither company go the upper curve of the visor right. And in fact it almost looks like HT relied more on the Sideshow as a reference than the screen version.

Yeah it reminds me of the HT ANH stormie helmet, which almost looked like a cleaned up version of the SSC stormie helmet rather than them looking at the costume helmet and starting afresh.

I find it strange that HT would base the mid section off of the actors wearing their costumes the wrong way. I noticed when I saw the show that the mid section was sagging down, rather than it being colored differently. This figure jus looks strange. But of course, jus because it?s hot toys, everybody will give it a pass.....

Yeah, I think that's what people aren't getting - the Mando Bikers look kinda funky, and HT is matching that look, it's not just a dirtied up ROTJ scout.

Guaranteed delivery in Q2 2023.:monkey3:lol

No joke, that might be optimistic. No way HT puts ROTJ version out until after the Mandalorian version has sold through. And even then HT has a now well deserved reputation for dragging their feet, especially when it comes to OT Star Wars.

Do you think HT will pass on an easy way to make money? They might not release the ROTJ Scouts now, but in the future they will come. And they have enough time to fix the Scout helmet too.

you could say the same for my beloved sandies that never came, sergeant and enlisted ranks... :(

So, I guess The Mando version was quite different than ROTJ. Not sure I like it.. Looks like he is wearing a diaper.

HT v SS

View attachment 483697

You know, I knew something was wrong with this costume, but could not put my finger on it. You're right. That new version is hideous. Its sooooo unflattering to the wearer. Why would they do something so hideous? Was the seamstress out sick on the set that day? Ugh.

also, couldn't SS version visor actually lift up? there was a mod and somebody put heads inside the helmets I remember and was able to get their visors to swing open and closed, they were hinged but just glue dabbed shut.

I wonder if HT put any thought into a functional visor...

You know, I knew something was wrong with this costume, but could not put my finger on it. You're right. That new version is hideous. Its sooooo unflattering to the wearer. Why would they do something so hideous? Was the seamstress out sick on the set that day? Ugh.

you know what though, at least the HT gloves look nice... haha. Do a glove swap on the infamously always large SSC hands... and you got a pretty nice update to the sideshow figure

oof, tough day for the release bandwagon hype when Sideshow slam dunks over HT like Shaq is back..

I definitely needed to see this side by side. Hard pass.

What gets me is people trying to make the Mando Scout into a ROTJ Scout. They're two different characters from two different times. Obviously different on screen costumes. The Mando version is a Remnant Scout without the original gear.

I don't get the comparisons. Clearly 2 different characters.

What gets me is people trying to make the Mando Scout into a ROTJ Scout. They're two different characters from two different times. Obviously different on screen costumes. The Mando version is a Remnant Scout without the original gear.

I don't get the comparisons. Clearly 2 different characters.
Or jus two bad cosplayers with not so accurate uniforms....

How many of you tried to think about it before you jump to "diaper" hate train? Try to sit on speeder bike for all day without any kind of crotch protection :cuckoo: :wink1:

3xxk47.jpg

Not gonna lie, it does look like a massive nappy. Also looks like he's skinny-fat, with a big gut and droopy man-tiddies. 10/10 not gonna get.

Not gonna lie, it does look like a massive nappy. Also looks like he's skinny-fat, with a big gut and droopy man-tiddies. 10/10 not gonna get.

As has been discussed, the lame-dude look of the Bikers in Mando was intentional - they were mostly played for comic relief. :dunno

Not sure why everyone is discussing this as if something went wrong - my guess is it was SUPPOSED to look like a flabby older Biker with beer gut and diaper. It's all hanging around his waist in the show with his knee pads upside down and way too high.

It's almost like people haven't seen the show. These are NOT badass ROTJ biker scouts - this is like Seth Rogen and James Franco as Biker Scouts, and the outfits reflect that.:slap

As has been discussed, the lame-dude look of the Bikers in Mando was intentional - they were mostly played for comic relief. :dunno

Not sure why everyone is discussing this as if something went wrong - my guess is it was SUPPOSED to look like a flabby older Biker with beer gut and diaper. It's all hanging around his waist in the show with his knee pads upside down and way too high.

It's almost like people haven't seen the show. These are NOT badass ROTJ biker scouts - this is like Seth Rogen and James Franco as Biker Scouts, and the outfits reflect that.:slap

Totally agree.

Comparison is a waste of time, and this coming from Talibane the comparison master !

True but we are an elite group of nitpickers here. We demand perfection in all ways, shape, form, story...

lol @ this dude talking about cosplayers like some sailormoons beat him up

I like the scouts in the series, and I like the set, but If we were comparing, those are some diaper azz looking scouts. Maybe after the fall of the empire the scouts had some remnants in their pants amiright

Talibane you trying to convince yourself it'll still be cool if you buy them? Set mode to relax. Buy them if you like them dude, that golden rule numero uno. The rest of us will hold off on the diaper troopers for an ROTJ scout that will never come despite immediate linear logic into leading us to believe that they should come...

RIP Sandie Sandtrooper
RIP Snowie Commander
RIP Navy Trooper
RIP me

True but we are an elite group of nitpickers here. We demand perfection in all ways, shape, form, story...

If it wouldn't be for being able to post my opinion, watch people get angry and laugh about things... what would the internet even be for?

I think it's important the comparison is made so people understand the difference from an OT trooper and this Mando series trooper. So I don't find this to be nitpicking. Lots of dough being dropped.... we gotta stick together holmes, blood in blood out.

Back