The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder the folks at WBD are thrilled. That trailer makes this look like overstuffed nostalgia bait dressed up with cheesy CGI. They're finally getting their Marvel movie. The CW got a big budget. If the new regime thinks this looks like the greatest superhero movie ever, stick a fork in DC. It's done.

We literally just went through the same song and dance of "It'll fail because it's not the Snyderverse" with The Batman and now that's getting a sequel and a TV spin-off. Just enjoy the damn movie (or not) as the sendoff it is.
You know they won’t . Anybody who thinks this will hit a billion cause it has Snyder influence is delusional. Just stop and move on lol.

We literally just went through the same song and dance of "It'll fail because it's not the Snyderverse" with The Batman and now that's getting a sequel and a TV spin-off. Just enjoy the damn movie (or not) as the sendoff it is.
It’s a sendoff to a bunch of movies that range from garbage to painfully average though.

That Supergirl costume looks like they stole a couple of Spider-Man suits from the MCU props department, stitched them together and slapped a Superman emblem on the chest. That said, it doesn't look too terrible...

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 08-51-56 The Flash - July 2022.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a sendoff to a bunch of movies that range from garbage to painfully average though.
You'll get no argument from me (save for a few I really enjoyed). The reply you're quoting was me saying the idea that audiences won't accept new versions of these characters is most likely untrue going by history.

But those films certainly have their fans, especially Affleck, so if they wanna view this as a sendoff well I guess that's what it at least partially is by virtue of being a reboot.

Wow... didn't expect all the negativiy in here. It actually looks like a fun summer blockbuster to me. I'll definitely check it out at the theatre.

It's how they always roll. Hate on everything at first, try to be witty, then when it comes out and it's good they change their tone. Just look at the Maverick, Avatar 2, Andor, for recent examples.

It's how they always roll. Hate on everything at first, try to be witty, then when it comes out and it's good they change their tone. Just look at the Maverick, Avatar 2, Andor, for recent examples.
People were hating on Maverick?

My expectations were low in general for this, for two reasons: 1) the general dysfunction at WB over the past several years; and 2) Ezra Miller was painful to watch in the JL movie. But, trailer has me more cautiously optimistic that this will be a fun movie worth checking out. I thought Keaton might be relegated to a largely advisory role like Wayne in Batman Beyond, but they come right out the gate showing him in the suit, jumping around and flying the Bat-Plane, etc. And also nice to see Zod return. Shannon is a great actor, and he was one of the better things about Man of Steel. To someone's earlier point about revealing too much in the trailers, I'm assuming there are many other surprises we will get here, hopefully involving Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew, as well as Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Why are most directors afraid to adapt suits really accurately? The few suits that really nail the comic book looks are adored.

Probably to sell toys.

Back