1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - The Flash Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost think it’s too good of a release to pass on. Curious how much it’ll be.
Have not seen this movie yet but tempted to buy this figure regardless of whether the film is good or bad.

Miller is far and away the best thing about the movie. They really just blew me away.

The movie itself is also excellent. What a really great step forward for the new DCU.
This is good to hear. You've seen it?

Yep! Aussie cinemas are unusually screening it a few days before release…

Keaton is great also. I’ve read his involvement is largely unnecessary and a ploy to get bums on seats and to an extent that’s true, but I felt his presence was pivotal and made complete sense. Sasha Calle is effective with the limited screen time she has.. it’s a difficult role because it’s almost like a super condensed origin story for her too, we are made to feel for her in such a short period… her character definitely trades off the audiences knowledge and love of the ‘S’ on her costume and what it means.
No one else really gets a significant look in… Zod is menacing but underused… the film opens with an excellent action scene, flipping between Barry and Batfleck (which yet again saddens me to no end at just how much potential has been wasted with Affleck as Bats… I would’ve paid a lot of money to see a solo film). And then we focus on Miller from the outset… and as I mentioned before, they are superb. Truly one of my favourite superhero film performances I’ve seen in recent memory they were that good. Funny, charismatic, traumatised, emotional… their main Flash really goes through a lot in this film and I really hope we see them in the future and that they anre indeed the new DCU’s Flash.
Of course there are nice surprises and nods, but nothing earth shattering like we were promised, in my opinion anyway. The film did promise a lot in terms of resetting the DCU but I feel not enough was reset for how radically different Gunn is shaping the universe moving forward… there’s still a tonne of work to do to fully realise his vision of a new DCU… and I’m not really sure how he’s going to achieve that now unless Aquaman has a lot of multiverse heavy lifting within its runtime… I can’t really say more than that without going into spoiler territory.
Finally, the CGI at times was quite dodgy, in fact it took me out of the experience a few times it was that mediocre… but Barry’s desperate run to Gotham city very early in the film is an absolute delight and made me feel like he was the fastest man alive in a way I haven’t seen before. Plus it is super funny… in all the right places. I didn’t find myself groaning or rolling my eyes, the comedy was genuinely woven in seamlessly… for me the script was really good and the whole thing just ran competently and efficiently. It’s a fast, frenetic thrill ride… I genuinely just had a blast watching this and I will see it again to catch anything I may have missed, especially in that Easter Egg-filled climax.
I am very cautiously optimistic about the prospect of the DCU moving forward if this is the sort of standard we are to expect from now on… but I’ve been let down by this company so many times before… only time will tell.

Miller is far and away the best thing about the movie. They really just blew me away.

The movie itself is also excellent. What a really great step forward for the new DCU.
Miller may have done a good job, but I'd be glad to be rid of him regardless. He's such a little psychopath. If we're seriously going to boot Jonathan Majors over far less substantial allegations, it seems ridiculous to heap praise on miller.

The figure is great looking, but I'm glad I decided to go for the TV Flash instead. He looks just fine with the rest of the Justice League, and I don't have to put a mental asterisk next to him every time I look at my display.

Real life problems aside, I was really impressed by how engaged I was with Miller's acting and both versions of the character that I think I'd love to have the figure.

I enjoyed the movie but I’ll stick with my JL figure. The suit looked weird on screen and when it’s not lit up it just looks like Christmas pajamas. Don’t need Millers unmasked head either.

I liked this new suit…but it isn’t an instant must have for this figure even after I enjoyed the film

I enjoyed the movie but I’ll stick with my JL figure. The suit looked weird on screen and when it’s not lit up it just looks like Christmas pajamas. Don’t need Millers unmasked head either.
Agreed, i think they should have gone with the permanent light-up look aka new 52 style…because the figure looks kinda drab as it is.

Now that they announced Supergirl, I'm definitely buying this sooner rather than later! It's great to be able to have the trio and it would've been sad with only two of them, and now I'm back to being super excited about any extra figures they might reveal.

I finally just Pre-ordered the special edition of Flash. I'm going to love this movie I'm sure so I opted to get everyone.

The movie was actually better than I expected. All of the suits were a massive step down from what came before though.

I liked this suit far better than the Justice League version which always looked kinda goofy to me. I know it was supposed to be more homemade and thrown together but wasn’t a fan. This looks more like a take on the classic outfit.,

Never liked the Flash in armor so I didn't care for his JL look. The new one had some problems (the oversized cowl) but it looks much better in figure form.

Back