1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - The Flash (Young Barry) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who's in the business of teeth...the smirking sculpt easily has the best denture pieces I've seen in 1/6. They've got a lot of the attributes correct. These pics confirm it, but it was one of the first things I noted with the promo shots too.

1713870160428.png

Wow, and he was waitlisted on Sideshow. Was one of the best looking prototypes.

I have Kara pre-ordered from this line, wonder if they can divert more resources to that one now. Even her accessories is bare-bones.

Yikes. I wasn't in on either of these figures, but that's a troubling precedent to set. Gone are the days of "If it's up for preorder, it's coming out." Now if you find yourself wanting a less popular figure, you've gotta hold your breath until blogger photos...
Yes, but I would argue that based on this precedent, if you are wanting a 'less popular" character if you wait for blogger photos to show up, it is less likely to be produced period.

It seems that recent events are an indication that for figures like these, if people do not pre-order Hot Toys will simply pull the plug.

Yes, but I would argue that based on this precedent, if you are wanting a 'less popular" character if you wait for blogger photos to show up, it is less likely to be produced period.

It seems that recent events are an indication that for figures like these, if people do not pre-order Hot Toys will simply pull the plug.
Oh, to be clear, I'm not talking about folks who wait for final release to make their decision. I'm talking about everyone who has an active preorder for any figure. The security of knowing "I've given Hot Toys money, I will get my figure" is officially gone.

Wow! As far as I know they’ve never walked back a preorder before. That’s rather unprecedented. Only recall Sideshow doing that once due to poor sales.

As one of the very few people who preordered this, im very disappointed with the recent announcement. I was surprised this was up for official preorder with the movie bombing at the box office but they really should've made it a small run exclusive

I think I'm more shocked they cancelled anything Iron Man related.

Hoping this isn't going to be the start of a wave of cancelations (Mantis from the Christmas Special, Supergirl from this very movie (given she isn't in the movie very long anyway)).

Hoping this isn't going to be the start of a wave of cancelations (Mantis from the Christmas Special, Supergirl from this very movie (given she isn't in the movie very long anyway)).
I'd be surprised if Mantis was cancelled given she is due to release by the end of June so must be in production by now, and I know a lot of collectors like myself will have ordered her to complete the team.

The problem with young Barry is that he is the lesser version of Barry from a lukewarm film, people would generally either get the first version or neither I would guess. Sakaar Iron Man's issue is he is from one episode of an animated show, and pricey due to size.

But I agree this is a worrying precedent, I already noticed that not even one figure from some recent MCU or DCEU outings have gotten a figure (e.g. Blue Beetle, the Marvels) whereas we used to get at least the main character. Now even if a figure is announced it could be cancelled!

I don't see Mantis getting canceled as (a) there were likely plenty of pre-orders by people wanting to complete their GoTG collections and (b) she should be much further along in the production process. And Supergirl is way more popular than the two they canceled - plus HT already responded to public criticism and reworked her sculpt. Canceling the figure after that would be a very bad look.

I don't see Mantis getting canceled as (a) there were likely plenty of pre-orders by people wanting to complete their GoTG collections and (b) she should be much further along in the production process. And Supergirl is way more popular than the two they canceled - plus HT already responded to public criticism and reworked her sculpt. Canceling the figure after that would be a very bad look.

Yeah that's what gives me hope re: Supergirl.

Still annoyed that Hot Toys have missed two perfect seasons to release the Christmas Special of Mantis and we likely won't? see it until this fall again (or any fall they choose). But then, this is Hot Toys. They could release it on Independence Day.

Just one of the many signs pointing to low sales in general.

Remember when every figure release was being parted out like crazy on the secondary market? That’s pretty much come to a head now. Not nearly as many sellers as there used to be.

Only if the figure is a a character people want. The problem with hot toys is that they got to big and put out characters nobody cares about or wants when they use to just put out stuff they knew would sell.
89 Batman is sold out, mark3 iron man is sold out, PT figures of anakin and obiwan are sold out.
Look on eBay and they go for 800. It’s not about the market not being as good as it use to be it’s about them releasing crap characters we don’t want.

Gone are the days where people would buy to complete the line and just buy whatever they put out. People like me buy the characters we love and want to see on the shelf.

Like for example I’m not going to buy thanos black order figures or Shang chi or eternals or shuri version of black panther toys to complete a marvel shelf I’m going to buy what I like .

I think the license holder has a lot of sway with what HT produces. New movie and it's characters are likely mandated by the license agreement if I had to guess.

Back