The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not like the original suit wasn’t lame either, it’s just your nostalgia goggles :lol
The original suit was impractical and stiff, but from a design perspective it balanced the fictional tech demands against Burton's aesthetic sensibilities. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it, in this case.

The new suit literally copies the thigh panel lines from the over-designed MCU suits, then throws on a bunch of segmentation and go-faster lines as needless embellishments that serve to evoke a large tropical cockroach, isopod, or beetle. Sleek curves have been replaced with crude angles.

Tried my hand at editing the cowl, and this is what I came up with.

64EA7FB0-4E43-494A-9521-5EFD5A86DCEF.jpeg

I angled the eyebrows more dramatically, made the area underneath his eyebrows a bit more visible, blackened his eye makeup, made the nose a bit more pronounced, and removed the pointless lines.

It’s not great, but I think he looks more like Keaton Batman, to me.

EDIT:

Made one more, this time trying to keep the 89 look.

1178EF19-0C15-4B4D-A981-A5A5C73E763F.jpeg

Last edited:
Good call. Definitely looks like the Returns suit made sweet, sensual love to the Begins suit, and this is the result.
More like the Returns suit cheated on the 89 suit with the Begins suit in a cheap motel for five minutes of meaningless pleasure after paying 50 dollars to that Begins whore. Now the Returns suit is getting divorced and resents the new bastard Flash suit baby. 😭

Back