The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh... That sounds awful. Following the MCU's next Avengers team it seems. I don't want a JL with all women and one Man. Aquadude. And a toxic male at that. We'll watch the whole movie with the ladies pointing out all of Aquadudes male flaws and how insulting he his... :slap

I can live with it… possibly even enjoy it… as long as it isn’t created in order to scrap the current cast of superheroes Snyder started with. WB had a great cast and abandoned it! I just hope Discovery, meaning David Zaslav, has better business sense.

I know you don’t mean that literally (basically in spirit, right?) but in addition to The Flash, as we know there is Aquaman 2 (and probably 3), Wonder Woman 3, Shazam 2, Black Adam 1, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Zatana, Superpets (it’s for young children, fine), and Wonder Twins (what the holy F is this?). Those movies are going to be released or be filmed.
Just what I like at this point. Ezra's actions is just another sign DC needs total cleansing.

Just what I like at this point. Ezra's actions is just another sign DC needs total cleansing.

Look, I hear you! But there’s too much money already spent or invested to scrap all that now I’m afraid. I just hope they can change the course of things to at least bring back Henry Cavill to make some Superman films. If by some chance Ben Affleck actually does still want to make his Batman film (or TV series, whichever is fine) that would be awesome as well.

They’ve let these characters languish for some kind of bizarre reason. They have had an excellent Superman and Batman. Yet they want to make Batgirl and replace Superman with Supergirl. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Look, I hear you! But there’s too much money already spent or invested to scrap all that now I’m afraid. I just hope they can change the course of things to at least bring back Henry Cavill to make some Superman films. If by some chance Ben Affleck actually does still want to make his Batman film (or TV series, whichever is fine) that would be awesome as well.

They’ve let these characters languish for some kind of bizarre reason. They have had an excellent Superman and Batman. Yet they want to make Batgirl and replace Superman with Batgirl. 🤷‍♂️
I stated my plan for Zaslav if I was him on one of these threads. Let everything finish like AM3, WW3, Shazam 3 if 2 doesn't bomb. Too much in motion and in all honestly, finish JL. IMO it makes sense to do a Knightmare limited series then finish it with JL2. Create some goodwill then try and start over after everyone has their bow. Cavill is clearly owed a Man of Steel 2 at least.

I know you don’t mean that literally (basically in spirit, right?) but in addition to The Flash, as we know there is Aquaman 2 (and probably 3), Wonder Woman 3, Shazam 2, Black Adam 1, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Zatana, Superpets (it’s for young children, fine), and Wonder Twins (what the holy F is this?). Those movies are going to be released or be filmed.
There’s a wonder twins movie coming out before a teen titans movie? Who the hell is in charge there? It’s like they don’t know what kinda brands they have .

There’s a wonder twins movie coming out before a teen titans movie? Who the hell is in charge there? It’s like they don’t know what kinda brands they have .

Dating myself with the reference but it’s like Toonces the Cat. It’s mind boggling how badly WB has screwed DC.

Holy ****. Newest leak I’ve seen is that [hmm, unable to get spoiler feature to work properly... most of you probably know anyway] I just feel like this risks becoming a total train wreck by trying to pack in every possible past iteration of past DC superheroes. Might as well add Ryan Reynolds GL. While we’re at it let’s add Halle Berre’s Catwoman! Josh Brolin’s Jonah Hex! Alec Wise’s Swamp Thing… Why not Shaquille O’Neal’s Steel?

Last edited:
Holy ****. Newest leak I’ve seen is that [hmm, unable to get spoiler feature to work properly... most of you probably know anyway] I just feel like this risks becoming a total train wreck by trying to pack in every possible past iteration of past DC superheroes. Might as well add Ryan Reynolds GL. While we’re at it let’s add Halle Berre’s Catwoman! Josh Brolin’s Jonah Hex! Alec Wise’s Swamp Thing… Why not Shaquille O’Neal’s Steel?
Just read it myself. It's backed up by Vieweranon who has perhaps the highest reliability of any leaker. What an abomination filled with cheap pandering if true.

You can post it I don’t think anybody cares lol. Just put spoiler above

D12B5598-7866-4623-B2F0-BB14A4A38FAB.jpeg

You can post it I don’t think anybody cares lol. Just put spoiler above

Okay sounds good. SPOILER ALERT (if true, for now just rumor but coming from both Daniel RPK and ViewerAnon)…
The Flash movie will feature old clips of Chris Reeves Superman, Adam West Batman, and Linda Carter Wonder Woman that Barry sees as he’s racing through time. Unknown if they’ll use deep fake tech to create entirely new scenes.

Just make this the Burton-verse Batman 3 for goodness sake. That's all people want.

Yeah, but it appears from the reception to WW84 that even though after complaints that BvS was too “grimdark” many critics and fans said this is what they wanted, instead it seems that the majority of the fandom still wants superheroes to feel like they could exist realistically in our present day real world versus being a celebration of the camp escapism of the past.

Wonder Twins is the same as WW3. They're replacing Gal Gadot with Hayley Atwell.

hayley-atwell-photo_128710_2105.jpg

Yeah, but it appears from the reception to WW84 that even though after complaints that BvS was too “grimdark” many critics and fans said this is what they wanted, instead it seems that the majority of the fandom still wants superheroes to feel like they could exist realistically in our present day real world versus being a celebration of the camp escapism of the past.
I don’t think this is entirely a fair assessment, largely because I don’t think a well-executed celebration of the camp escapism of the past has every really been done before. The Burton films, for their time, were incredibly grimdark. The Schumacher films meshed that world with Adam West camp to diminishing returns. TDK trilogy was even darker and more grounded than Burton. The new one is more dark and grounded than that. And Snyder’s Batman was similarly an R-rated, hyper-violent grimdark guy that just so happened to share a world with Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

Basically, I often say that the animated Justice League is the ideal tone that balances the camp of comics with mature writing and great characterization, and I have never seen that equivalent in the live-action films.

I don’t think this is entirely a fair assessment, largely because I don’t think a well-executed celebration of the camp escapism of the past has every really been done before. The Burton films, for their time, were incredibly grimdark. The Schumacher films meshed that world with Adam West camp to diminishing returns. TDK trilogy was even darker and more grounded than Burton. The new one is more dark and grounded than that. And Snyder’s Batman was similarly an R-rated, hyper-violent grimdark guy that just so happened to share a world with Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

Basically, I often say that the animated Justice League is the ideal tone that balances the camp of comics with mature writing and great characterization, and I have never seen that equivalent in the live-action films.

Yeah, that’s perhaps an overstatement on my part, and the truth may be that in fact most fans want a blend.

Yeah, that’s perhaps an overstatement on my part, and the truth may be that in fact most fans want a blend.
Don’t get me wrong either. A good movie is a good movie.

But Batman to me is such a rich universe of colorful characters, that I’m dying to see villains like Clayface and Mr. Freeze done justice and not just recycle the “normal” rogues over and over. I want a Batfamily too, with Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown and all the rest.

Don’t get me wrong either. A good movie is a good movie.

But Batman to me is such a rich universe of colorful characters, that I’m dying to see villains like Clayface and Mr. Freeze done justice and not just recycle the “normal” rogues over and over. I want a Batfamily too, with Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown and all the rest.

Hey, even in the most "grimdark" take yet, Snyder's five film arc was by Snyder's own description essentially a five chapter "elseworld" comic run in which he was going to flashback to Robin's death at the hands of Joker. And by JL 3 he had planned to introduce a Robin to take the mantle of the Bat and was leaning towards Carrie Kelly. Although it sounded like he was still pretty open to other options. He had originally conceived the Robin who was killed as Dick in order for it to have the greatest weight and impact upon Bruce. But as I read what he said about it, it sounded to me like he indicated that he was willing to possibly rethink that.

Ayer's 2016 Suicide Squad, i.e., David Ayer's own director's cut anyway, was still very much aligned with what at that point Snyder was hoping would in fact be a MCU-like universe. SS introduced metas that Lex Luthor had alluded to in BvS with the "metahuman thesis" which not just LexCorp but also ARGUS was researching as well. SS also opened the door to inter-dimensional portals, and Ancient Alien-like gods from the past returning to earth. Using what seems to be "magic." All that was very much what Batman was having to sort out in that more grounded universe. I actually really enjoyed exploring what that might look like, especially for an aging Batman that had drawn inspiration from Miller's TDKR. What does Batman have to contribute in that brave new world or superpowers and metas? ZSJL actually celebrated the return to the fantastical comic book tropes as a kind of reconstruction after the brutal deconstruction of MoS and BvS. I think by JL 3 we would have seen a virtual love letter to all that fantastical stuff in a pure extravaganza of superpowers on full display.

I mean, Batman can also remain self-enclosed within a Nolan-like or Reeves-like very grounded, realistic universe. That's cool too. But I still love seeing how Batman adapts to the world of the fantastical.

Okay sounds good. SPOILER ALERT (if true, for now just rumor but coming from both Daniel RPK and ViewerAnon)…
The Flash movie will feature old clips of Chris Reeves Superman, Adam West Batman, and Linda Carter Wonder Woman that Barry sees as he’s racing through time. Unknown if they’ll use deep fake tech to create entirely new scenes.
That is soooo sad. That they are copying something they already did years ago in the Arrowverse Flash CW show in a big budget blockbuster movie.... :slap

WB is so bad at this... :lol

That is soooo sad. That they are copying something they already did years ago in the Arrowverse Flash CW show in a big budget blockbuster movie.... :slap

WB is so bad at this... :lol

Yeah definitely! Which is why Zaslav is looking for a “czar” to manage coordination of the DC characters development cohesively across film, TV, games, and toys in a vertical structure with one boss at the top. For better or worse. But how much worse can it get, honestly? (Wait, forget I asked that!)

Back