The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think a single bad guy made fun of it which is rare for live-action?

Didn't the iceberg lounge bouncers made fun of him the first time he went there or was it the thugs on the train station? I can't remember either.

I know that previous Batman actors all did a pretty good job of playing Bruce Wayne as the larger than life aristocratic playboy and that that is pretty accurate to the comics but I just loved Pattinson's detached and seemingly unstable vibe that he couldn't bury even as Bruce. It just seemed so much more authentic for a character that actually lives and survives in the world presented on screen and really helped sell why criminals would genuinely fear him despite the costume (I don't think a single bad guy made fun of it which is rare for live-action?) to the point that even cops were unsettled around him.

He truly was Batman first and foremost and Pattinson was absolutely perfectly cast.
The way his demeanor posture and confidence changed when in costume was awesome.

The lead thug at the train station says something like "you seeing this guy?" before he says "'the hell are you supposed to be?" (probably because it's halloween and wondering what his costume is) and then gets his ass kicked.

The bouncers just say something like "You better leave or that suit's gonna get blood on it", to which Batman replies "Mine or yours?". Badass.

Last edited:
Movie-Wise though, BaleMan wins for me. It helps I suppose that Bale has a more aristocratic air to him.

dx19-17.jpg

How do you feel about Bale playing Dr Doom?

Didn't the iceberg lounge bouncers made fun of him the first time he went there or was it the thugs on the train station? I can't remember either.
The thugs at the station did derisively say: "What're you supposed to be?" or something to that effect, but it was also Halloween.

Okay maybe I misremembered that but overall his vibe and presence throughout was just so believably menacing.
If a wild-eyed weirdo in a costume who already has a rep for hurting people walked out of the shadows, staring me down, I'm probably not gonna make fun of the suit.

I imagine the first ones did before they found themselves taking their meals through straws.

The lead thug at the train station says something like "you seeing this guy?" before he says "'the hell are you supposed to be?" (probably because it's halloween and wondering what his costume is) and then gets his ass kicked.

The bouncers just say something like "You better leave or that suit's gonna get blood on it", to which Batman replies "Mine or yours?". Badass.
That's right, and that was freaking awesome, lol.

If a wild-eyed weirdo in a costume who already has a rep for hurting people walked out of the shadows, staring me down, I'm probably not gonna make fun of the suit.

I imagine the first ones did before they found themselves taking their meals through straws.
Yep. I also loved how his recording contact lenses' created the super off-putting side effect of him seemingly staring through people for prolonged periods of time. When Pattinson's Batman looks at you he isn't connecting with you as Selina quickly learned when trying to have a face to face conversation with him.

At least not until the end of the film when he started truly seeing both the people he was inspiring (Riddler goon) which caused him to also take a closer look at the people he was saving.

@Khev Bruce Wayne shows that as a (realistic) response to childhood trauma he's dissociative and unable to connect with people. The events of the film start to heal that trauma.

Start to ... he needs to hospitalize a lot more goons before he'll be okay. :yess:

@Khev Bruce Wayne shows that as a (realistic) response to childhood trauma he's dissociative and unable to connect with people. The events of the film start to heal that trauma.
Ah man this movie is just so perfect on so many levels for me. (And before anyone gets rattled no I don't mean literally perfect but damn close enough.) :lecture
Start to ... he needs to hospitalize a lot more goons before he'll be okay. :yess:
:lol

How do you feel about Bale playing Dr Doom?
He was in my fancast shortlist back in the day, but then they went and got him for Gorr. Which makes sense, he'd never sign up for such a lengthy role. Still, I do think he and his crazy dedicated acting techniques would've managed to make acting behind a facemask work. We know he can play psychos and charming liars, while also going through the necessary body transformations. He'd have been good at the very least. Alas, we'll never know...

1. Seeing them again
2. Aunt May’s death
3. All 3 swinging together
4. Garfield catching MJ
5. Tobey Peter stopping Holland Peter from killing Goblin
6. Seeing MCU Spiderman in classic costume with no Stark attachment.
Great job on the spoilers man! Haven't seen NWH yet. I'm in The Batman thread hoping I won't see spoilers from another movie. Anyway, will just tell myself it's only a Marvel movie. No big deal I guess.

Great job on the spoilers man! Haven't seen NWH yet. I'm in The Batman thread hoping I won't see spoilers from another movie. Anyway, will just tell myself it's only a Marvel movie. No big deal I guess.
Well the movie has been out for 3 months now and is already available on Digital for home viewing. I can understand your frustration but perusing superhero movie threads after waiting that long to see such a major event film is taking your life in your hands with regard to spoilers.

I mean we're already in full spoiler mode for The Batman and it hasn't even been out two weeks yet. Spoiler tags are nice but I learned long ago to never put it on others to keep me spoiler free if there's a movie I'm looking forward to seeing.

Come on buddy the spoilers for no way home dropped two weeks after release. It’s been months. You should know full well that if you didn’t want to be spoiled you had to watch it earlier. Sorry man.

Back