The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christopher Reeve-like!

Also, like in BR Selina observes their masked personas are their true selves. Must add that to my list of parallels!
This film had an amazing ability to incorporate even the sillier aspects of prior media but in a way that seamlessly fit in this new universe. Riddler tried to frame Batman on camera like the very first episode of the 1966 series. The Batmobile chase even found a way to parallel DeVito being all chatty in his little car while Keaton was quietly trying to navigate the streets with the lanes closing in on him, DeVito is laughing and gloating thinking he won until Keaton outsmarts him and gains control at the end.

"What did you do!?!?" was like a cooler version of "Wherez da triggah!" And so on as others have mentioned. But even with all of the parallels it still resisted the low hanging fruit of "I'm Batman!" and instead leaned into him not saying that line to the point that it became a major aspect of his arc. :yess:

I’m having a hard time going back to Bale…

:chase
I'm having a hard time going back to Boba Fett...lol

the-batman-batman.gif

img_3037-1.gif

:slap

Back