The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think The Batman will have a more lasting impact than NWH.

It reminds me of 1988 -- Roger Rabbit and Die Hard. No one mentions Roger Rabbit anymore but it was that year's anticipated megahit and made a lot more money than Die Hard.
It reminds me of 2012 - TDKR and Avengers. Leading into the summer all the media was focused on the end of the Nolan trilogy but then Avengers released first and was a resounding hit, leaving TDKR to be the little engine that could.....not match it. It's not that people don't remember TDKR, they just wish they didn't. :lol

the best treatment the MCU ever gave Spidey was in Civil War.
Hear hear!

captain-america-spiderman.gif

;)

Last edited:
I said audience score not box office :tap

Remember just because The Batman is a near masterpiece, and boy is it, does it automatically mean that NWH is fluffy nonsense.

I had some pretty powerful emotional reactions in NWH 6 to be exact!

1. Seeing them again
2. Aunt May’s death
3. All 3 swinging together
4. Garfield catching MJ
5. Tobey Peter stopping Holland Peter from killing Goblin
6. Seeing MCU Spiderman in classic costume with no Stark attachment.

NWH was very fulfilling.

As was TB!

I also experienced some great visceral connections to TB as well but let’s not all of a sudden pretend now that NWH is trash.

I am not asking for permission to enjoy 2 movies in one year lol
Yep even if I prefer one over the other that doesn't mean it's "either/or" because as they say a rising tide lifts all ships. When both studios are firing on all cylinders everyone wins. I think The Batman will go down as a masterpiece and is already a contender for my own personal favorite superhero movie but the feels elicited by those NWH moments you listed can't be overstated.

Every time there's an epic cinematic showdown between Marvel and DC it's always Batman facing off against multiple Marvel contenders.

2008: TDK vs. IM and TIH

2012: TDKR vs. all the Avengers

2022: TB vs. all the Spideys

I think this is the best showdown yet. And I can say that while also fully enjoying the new Matrix Resurrections and West Side Story 4K's I just bought, lol. It's funny because of all the movies being discussed Dune was my absolute most anticipated and while I enjoyed it in some ways it was also the biggest let down. Hopefully Part Two gives us a satisfying ending.

Aw bless your heart
Seriously… The Joker movie was ok but in no way shape or form was he the Joker. At least not in any one single comic I have read.

He had the body type but it ended there for me.

Never understood the hate for Leto’s Joker except he was in a less then stellar film and his look was all wrong. Thought they / he nailed it in ZSJL. Give me that joker any day over the Phoenix one.

jdC5dLz.gif

Poor JAWS waiting for someone to agree with his ridiculous post. :LOL:
:lol

Nah.. I’m fine with it. I just don’t like RP’s Joker. I know I stand alone.

I mean can anyone direct me to the comic where Joker acts like that version.

JLs Joker is the one more likely to cut off his own face. JL joker is the one I can see out smarting and killing Robin

I can see RP Joker being a cutter for attention and that’s about it

Just does not do it for me.

So strange cause I really liked the movie the first time I saw it… I boarder line hate it now after only two additional viewings.

Give me JL joker from ZSJL any day.

Loved no way home to. I can’t choose between that and Batman
They are too different to really compare.

Weird thing about the MCU/SONY Spidey films. I enjoy them but never really feel the need to watch them again. I have seen HC 2x, FFH once and NWH once and I am not in a rush to see any of them again.

I just saw The Batman and I cant wait to see it again.

But my first time viewing enjoyment was about the same with both films.

The Batman is just more my kind of film.

I haven't watched Joker since the theater but now I'm really wondering how it'll play to see it again.
I saw it twice in theaters. The 2nd time I fell asleep for part of it so I did not hold that against it... Even though I never do that in theaters.

The 3rd time I just hated it. I can't stand his Cry Baby Joker. The way he says Murray. His stupid little dance he does in front of the TV camera when after he shoots DeNiro. His dance down the stairs that everybody loves for some reason... Blah.. :lol

I pretty much hate almost anytime he is in Joker makeup. His best work is out of the make up. But thats because he is not the Joker to me.

Man , aomwtimes this place is great to remind me how many different opinions there are about what I see as clear cut…

Best Joker is still Ledger…..
then The Mark Hamill video game one..
then the Cartoon Mark Hamill.
then Gothams Joker
then Ceasar
then Phoenix, (even though its entirlly a copy of Taxi Driver…is such a blatant rip off I cannot believe everyone guvea it a pass)
The Letoker, terrible look, over the top acting also (and I like him as an actor)

Now I see people do not like the Nolan Batman? and prefer Snyder? damn….

TDK
TB
Video game Batman
BB
Cartoon Batman
TDKR
B (Keaton)
BR
Snyders Batman films New DC nonsense
BnR
BF
Batman TV

Dunno what that says about how I like my Batmen….maybe someone should analyze it. I know I do not like campy nipple Batmen….

Now I see people do not like the Nolan Batman? and prefer Snyder? damn….

As previously discussed, it doesn't have to be an either/or proposition. I may prefer Snyder but still love the others.

Nolan/Reeves: Best real-world Batman
Snyder: Best at showing the wider DCU while still grounded in reality (and best Alfred/coolest hardware)

:lol

Nah.. I’m fine with it. I just don’t like RP’s Joker. I know I stand alone.

I mean can anyone direct me to the comic where Joker acts like that version.

JLs Joker is the one more likely to cut off his own face. JL joker is the one I can see out smarting and killing Robin

I can see RP Joker being a cutter for attention and that’s about it

Just does not do it for me.

So strange cause I really liked the movie the first time I saw it… I boarder line hate it now after only two additional viewings.

Give me JL joker from ZSJL any day.
BQP18lb.gif

At least we can both agree that First Blood is awesome. 🤗 :hi5:

Last edited:
Back