The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as best looking Joker I prefer Phoenix > Ledger > Nicholson.

Best Bruce Wayne overall.

Not easy.

I’m still not entirely sold on RP Bruce although it was a nice contrast going from quiet soft Bruce to confident tank Batman it’s just he didn’t do much as Bruce other than sulk which is fine because The Batman was a BATMAN centric movie.

So for now I honestly can’t choose lol

I would say each Bruce have their own positive moments.

I do find it amazing that smaller RP pulled off as menacing a Batman as big boi Affleck did.
I do not know if I have spoken about this here or just with friends.

The flat/sulk Bruce we got in TB was intentional. They wanted to show that all RP emotions were all up in the Batman now. His Bruce Wayne was just a shell of a person , with zero connection to anyone or anything. He was becoming the Batman entirely, and his only focus was “vengence”.

So the wooden Bruce Wayne was part of the point. Its hard to judge RP as BW because the point was , there is almost no human named BW left….only vengeance in the form of the Batman.

I think if we get another RP Batman, we will see more of a synergy between the BW persona and the Batman Persona.

Last edited:
Well the movie has been out for 3 months now and is already available on Digital for home viewing. I can understand your frustration but perusing superhero movie threads after waiting that long to see such a major event film is taking your life in your hands with regard to spoilers.

I mean we're already in full spoiler mode for The Batman and it hasn't even been out two weeks yet. Spoiler tags are nice but I learned long ago to never put it on others to keep me spoiler free if there's a movie I'm looking forward to seeing.
It would have been nice to not have such a list printed out, I got 3 lines down before O relaized he was talking about Spiderman, which I had no seen yet….

So got a major spoiler in those lines….

I have stayed out of the Spiderman threads to avoid spoilers, didn't expect to see them here!!!

Meanwhile The Demon, he of the bat-wing makeup - though based on Black Bat, not Batman - has spoken:

The runtime is something been mentioned before and varies from person to person. The voice is fine. Sometimes though he sounded slightly like Batbale's voice. Not the angry, gravelly instances but the calm ones.

I thought he did such a good job with his voice that it took me a little while to realize it was RP doing the opening narration.

As opined earlier I thought he sounded like Keaton (sorry Jye for reinserting that in your head!)

The gloomy, rainy atmosphere was very Crow-like. Makes this soundtrack the perfect companion (the Violent Femmes track is even Nirvana-esque!)

As opined earlier I thought he sounded like Keaton (sorry Jye for reinserting that in your head!)

The gloomy, rainy atmosphere was very Crow-like. Makes this soundtrack the perfect companion (the Violent Femmes track is even Nirvana-esque!)

I thought the same thing for a secondZ

Agreed, though I did like his tactical suit at the end of ZSJL.
The tactical suit grew on me a lot with ZSJL. It’s still my least favorite look for Batfleck, but it definitely earned some points.

I would’ve loved to see a more “evolved” Batfleck suit for a solo movie. I’m not a big fan of that tactical concept art that’s floating around though - something closer to the Rebirth design with a yellow outline on the bat symbol would’ve been sick.

Baleman(?)
Batfleck
Patman/Battinson

Are there any Batman-ified pet names for Keaton, Kilmer, West, and Clooney?

I just recently watched it a few hours ago, and wow what a fantastic Batman film!!!!

Loved the gothic setting, atmosphere. RP's Batman is another great rendition of the character and Batman delivers in this movie. I just reallyyyy liked how this was basically a detective movie for Batman. The supporting cast was also great and the villains were well done. ZK's Catwoman is excellent too, really liked her in the role. The Batmobile is beast and its entrance is just bliss. Really liked how Gordon and Patman work together and unravel the Riddler's riddles/puzzles. For me, it didn't feel too long at all despite its runtime, I mean, it flowed/paced well. To me this film felt like it took inspiration from various/previous Batman movies, comics, etc. while being its own story, I mean, again it's a great Batman film.

Back