The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23b81ce28c3a450463b02ad27f373d9e.gif

Batman Begins is the best Batman film. :wave

Maybe, for true fans. Personally, I prefer TDK. But I always think a movie is only as good as its villain. The conflict is much better in TDK... not much going on in BB until the end.

My inner child would argue for Batman 1989 because that really defined and set the stage for all superhero movies to follow -- moreso than Superman '78 -- but I know '89 Bats is such a poorly made film that I'm sure I could sit through TDK before I could make it all the way through '89. So in that sense, TDK is the better Batman film.

I still say a truly great Batman film has yet to be made.

I still say a truly great Batman film has yet to be made.
Sure it has.... Just not in "live action" form.

I'll take many of the DC animated Bruce Timm movies over any of the live action stuff made so far any day.

And I highly doubt this "next" attempt will change that one bit.

For me it's still a toss between BB and TDK. Hard to say one is better than the other.

It's just like when I try to choose with Star Wars, ANH or ESB. No matter how much I may think I prefer the 2nd movie, it wouldn't have existed without the 1st.

Last edited:
Nicholson is one of the best parts of 89 Batman. I always loved the Prince soundtrack too.

I know I’m gonna get a lot of flack for this but I don’t like Nicholson joker at all. Everytime I see him I see trump in make up. Idk why . The vibe is cool. I love returns cause it kinda feels like a live action animated series. Kinda.

Sorry bud but...
tumblr_nwif3cshbl1twcj5xo2_540.gifv

both Burton movies are too goofy and silly.
people gave crap to Schumacher formaking batman goofy and corny. but Burton already had done that but in reverse.
Schumacher made them corny and colorful and cheesy. but Burton did the same but with a goth aesthetic.

the penguin is just as silly as Mr freeze. Burton took a serious mobster and turned him into a hideous bird monster that eats raw fish lol. catwoman had just as many cheesy moments as poison ivy. (the cat tongue bath. the bad one liners. the cat puns)

I know you guys were talking about batman 1. but Burton was just as bad as Schumacher but in goth in returns. and batman 1 had its shared of ridiculous crap like joker destroying the art pieces and Dancing to prince....lol. that's beyond cringe.

if Schumacher had kept the goth aesthetic and kept the dark music instead of that jazz like music he picked, batman 3 and 4 would be indistinguishable from Burton movies.
Burton had so many cringe lines or puns or dumb moments.

There are definitely a handful elements in 89 that completely takes me out of the movie like the silly skeleton after Joker electrocutes the mob guy lol

But what are you gonna do it’s a freaking classic now it’s the Wizard of Oz of Batman movies.

DiFabio has awaken from his hibernation slumber can’t wait for his take on The Batman.

Get your ass in here DiFabio can’t have a Batman release without you here.

Back