The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell ALL that ... from trailers? :LOL:
Pretty much, yeah. :lol Plus, I don't like the new Bat Boy. I think he sucks. Looks like WB were trying to entice a new crowd of viewers. That doesn't include me. But overall, there's plenty I don't like. The Riddler looks like he came out of an S&M dungeon after playing with Mistress Catwoman.

Most movies I've ever thought looked like crap based on the trailer, well, pretty much turned out to be crap. I trust my instincts. I have a pretty good track record.

Besides, isn't that the whole point of a trailer. To get people interested? Well, from what I see, I'm not interested. Just like The Joker movie. Have never watched it, and most likely never will... :dunno

Sorry for those excited about this. But my opinion is mine alone. You don't have to agree with me. We can all still get along. :duff

Sorry for those excited about this. But my opinion is mine alone. You don't have to agree with me. We can all still get along. :duff
:ROFLMAO:

I'm cautiously excited because so far it seems I'm seeing something I haven't really seen on screen yet, at least not for this character. Reserving judgement, but there are aspects to this that look entertaining.

It's already not the Batman I was hoping for, but every fan has something they want to see, and very few of us ever do, so that's not unexpected.

There are only so many directions you can go with Bats at this point, and a major studio may tweak a few things, but I don't see them committing to anything less than safe. So I'm hoping for entertaining, hoping it doesn't suck, and resigned to the idea that it probably won't achieve 'greatness'.

I'm very pumped for The Batman, but I do see Lokis point. Not sure if I am thinking the same thing, but there is a opportunity for a MCU-like Batman. I like to imagine it as like the MCU Spidey trilogy in that I'm surprised they haven't went full CGI with a suit since all the actors seem to complain about it. CGI for action, regular suit for talking. Plus, bring some fun action to Batman with him leaping out of the batmobile, tossing batarangs. I think the world is ready for a more optimistic driven Batman with more philanthropy/problem-solving and ending on a high note of achievement instead of loss.

I'm very pumped for The Batman, but I do see Lokis point. Not sure if I am thinking the same thing, but there is a opportunity for a MCU-like Batman. I like to imagine it as like the MCU Spidey trilogy in that I'm surprised they haven't went full CGI with a suit since all the actors seem to complain about it. CGI for action, regular suit for talking. Plus, bring some fun action to Batman with him leaping out of the batmobile, tossing batarangs. I think the world is ready for a more optimistic driven Batman with more philanthropy/problem-solving and ending on a high note of achievement instead of loss.
Justice League Batfleck is the closest you're gonna get to that.

I said it before but I want more fantasy type elements in Batman . Bring on the monster type villains .

I said it before but I want more fantasy type elements in Batman . Bring on the monster type villains .
Do you think you'll get that in a Batverse that casts Colin Farrell as The Penguin and for some reason puts him in prosthetics to make him look like Richard Kind?

Do you think you'll get that in a Batverse that casts Colin Farrell as The Penguin and for some reason puts him in prosthetics to make him look like Richard Kind?
Nah. I don’t think they’ll do the more monstrous type villains here unfortunately.

Justice League Batfleck is the closest you're gonna get to that.
Not what I have in mind when I picture that, although I see where you're coming from.

Batfleck is similar to Nolan's in that he's broken, albeit more so given the duration of his career. Burton Bats is a bit of a psycho and wants to get nuts.

Surely there's room for a Batman who was inspired by trauma but as an adult is defined by iron will and a stubborn unwillingness to play by the rules that let these criminals operate without fear, and just out of reach of the law?

Someone who wants to give the law an unfair advantage via wealth, extreme skill and ... err ... innovative solutions? Dare I say someone optimistic? Because they're engaging with what they believe is their purpose in life, to defend that which they value. Haven't seen that Batman in a long time...

Most movies I've ever thought looked like crap based on the trailer, well, pretty much turned out to be crap. I trust my instincts. I have a pretty good track record.

Besides, isn't that the whole point of a trailer. To get people interested? Well, from what I see, I'm not interested. Just like The Joker movie. Have never watched it, and most likely never will... :dunno
Yeah, I agree with this. Especially The Joker movie, I could tell from the trailers that I was not going to like that version, and I hated it.

Not what I have in mind when I picture that, although I see where you're coming from.

Batfleck is similar to Nolan's in that he's broken, albeit more so given the duration of his career. Burton Bats is a bit of a psycho and wants to get nuts.

Surely there's room for a Batman who was inspired by trauma but as an adult is defined by iron will and a stubborn unwillingness to play by the rules that let these criminals operate without fear, and just out of reach of the law?

Someone who wants to give the law an unfair advantage via wealth, extreme skill and ... err ... innovative solutions? Dare I say someone optimistic? Because they're engaging with what they believe is their purpose in life, to defend that which they value. Haven't seen that Batman in a long time...
I can’t help but think if the situations were reversed and DC was the one to have been bought by Disney and had Feige and that whole team, then we’d get some fantastical Batman stuff. He’d basically be Chris Evans Cap but with Batman elements, at least as I’m picturing it.

Man could not disagree more. I like dark Batman. The darker the better and this is looking promising!
Yep!
JT3I.gif

I don’t see any need for that laugh to be related to the joker it doesn’t sound like anyone else but the Riddler so I’m not sure why everyone’s all worked up over that.
on another note I do believe this film is going to go down the path of the court of owls. I think we will definitely see that storyline come about and it’s a good foil to give that man a more conflicted stance.

Back