The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t see any need for that laugh to be related to the joker it doesn’t sound like anyone else but the Riddler so I’m not sure why everyone’s all worked up over that.
on another note I do believe this film is going to go down the path of the court of owls. I think we will definitely see that storyline come about and it’s a good foil to give that man a more conflicted stance.

plus it’s 💯 Danos voice and you can see his reflection in the glass in that scene from the previous trailer. 😂

LOl….nothing will make any of those movies look good….

DC Batfleck was. failure
Agreed. I couldn’t stand the Batfleck dreck. The Joker was an original, gritty take on the character which I have watched at least 4 times. Something for everyone, I suppose.

Apparently there's a quick shot in that japanese trailer of a pin up board with newspaper articles pinned to it and in one of the pictures there's someone with a big, grinning face standing behind Bruce.
That's where the joker speculation is coming from.

Yeah, I found a picture.

the-batman-joker-1639407144687.jpg

I don’t even think that’s a face with a grin. Just looks like regular background shapes someone has assimilated as a face, and the conjecture has followed.

It says Wayne seen with mystery woman. So I'm assuming it's just a woman smiling.

Super excited for this movie - I know some people are hating on a dark(er) take on Batman, but a thematically darker more detective-focused, almost horror-genre batman story, in the line of Se7en or Zodiac etc is exactly what I think is drawing so many people (including myself) to this film.

Darker stories work for Batman as long as it doesn't get to the point of parody.
Gotham and the monsters inhabiting it should be dark, some of them should be pitch black in terms of dark tones - look at the Joker movie, extremely dark but in a way that felt appropriate, and I think thats because of who the main character was - In my opinion its when they make Bruce overly dark for the sake of it that it starts to feel forced or stale.
I'm thinking the comic book runs when they have Bruce betray or abuse the Robins for no real reason just to show how tormented he is, or then retroactively justify it by it being "training" or part of a plan or some ********; or movies where they have him kill guys and brand them for no particular reason beyond it showing how "hardcore" he is, or the iterations that emphasize that he "only works alone/is always alone/Batman must be alone etc" that ignore the reality that he probably has the biggest support group, friendship circle, and extended family out of any character in DC.
Bruce should be a light in the darkness, with real humanity and compassion - not just some sentinel of distant stares, emotional emptiness and ass-kicking. This is why the superior Bruce Wayne/Batman is still the one from the Animated series, and then Keaton (with his genune desires to create emotional ties outside of his Bat-persona and the lack of overly-philosophical introspection - I'm looking at you Bale - Keaton's period-typical 80's nonchalance with murder aside).
Batman is tormented, conflicted, paranoid etc - but those traits don't and shouldn't define a characterization of Bruce Wayne. That is leaning into the parody/unnuanced level of "darkness".

That said, if Pattinson's Batman IS a touch too moody, etc - I would be able to justify it if this was the beginning of his Batman's journey, when his path is more about his enacting his own version of vengeance on Gotham's criminal element before he develops the deeper wisdom that experience provides. It also looks like this iteration of Ridder is also enacting his own twisted version of "justice" maybe its by finding not enough differences between himself and this monster he's hunting that Pattinson's Bruce Wayne will realize the path he's on needs to change.

Back