The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suits are the main reason I never feel compelled to rewatch the Nolan movies. Both suits are just plain ugly, and the TDK is worse than Begins.

It's a shame, too cause I think the "Begins" Batman is probably the closest live action adaptation of the actual character of Batman/Bruce Wayne we've ever got. If he LOOKED cooler and had a bit of color, it might have been the definitive Batman in my mind.

As much I have fondness and nostalgia for the Burton films, Keaton's Batman is probably the furthest from the comic book Batman. He's just a very broken weirdo, like all of Burton's characters. I can still watch and enjoy Batman and Batman Returns, but they're definitely their own "thing" and not really like seeing the comic book come to life.

Schumacher's Batman was just Adam West with a higher budget.

And Batfleck? I don't know. Some people really liked him, but all I see, no matter how many times I rewatch, is Ben Affleck. Not Bruce Wayne, not a Frank Miller-esque Batman.....just Ben Affleck. I thought the suit looked great in promo pics but looked absolutely ridiculous in motion.

So what would actually satisfy this grumpy, cranky, bitter old man?

Make Batman: The Animated Series in live action somehow, but do it completely without CGI, and make it look cool and not cheesy as hell, and not all "fakey" like Sin City. Yeah....not possible. But if some director figures out how to do it, I'll finally stop bitching and say "Yes, they've made the perfect Batman movie."

Make Batman: The Animated Series in live action somehow, but do it completely without CGI, and make it look cool and not cheesy as hell, and not all "fakey" like Sin City. Yeah....not possible. But if some director figures out how to do it, I'll finally stop bitching and say "Yes, they've made the perfect Batman movie."
Batman done like Mad Men.

Come to think of it I can picture John Hamm as Bruce Wayne, but less so as Batman. The sets and production values though ...

Man, just watched the trailer again since it dropped. So good haha. Admittedly I wasn’t that excited about this (because of the costume really - felt like a step back after BVS) but damn does it look incredible in action and Patt seems pretty badass.

Can’t wait for this one.

no I don’t think Batman can handle an ice scrapper . He’s in way over his head this time. Wonder how he’s gonna combat that
Apparently he has developed super armor that allows him to take machine gun blasts point blank without even being stunned. He can just continue a casual walk forward. But riddle me this. What defense does he have if you remove the armor clasps with a sharp ice scraper. . .?

It's also possible that his weapon is the end-part of a vacuum hose. But the chief weapons of the Riddler are fear. Well, fear and surprise. Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and a fanatical devotion to the pope.

Apparently he has developed super armor that allows him to take machine gun blasts point blank without even being stunned. He can just continue a casual walk forward. But riddle me this. What defense does he have if you remove the armor clasps with a sharp ice scraper. . .?

It's also possible that his weapon is the end-part of a vacuum hose. But the chief weapons of the Riddler are fear. Well, fear and surprise. Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and a fanatical devotion to the pope.
You forgot to mention the obsession with lattes; this Riddler leaves ALL of his clues in the form of messages in the foam. The letter he left Batman was a $5 Starbucks gift card. It’s true, I’ve read the leaks.

It’s crazy to think that Pattinson is older than Bale was in Batman Begins.
That's nuts.
fb06023d1ec1b9bc06aa4fbc58c476c4.jpg

The only other live action Batsuit I’ve liked apart from this one is the tactical suit from the end of JL.

Penguin is the character that I don't like here. He's become an ugly Mafioso... nothing about his new image congers up "The Penguin" to me.

The Crow meets Seven meets The Sopranos

I like the combo of the first two...

Penguin is the character that I don't like here. He's become an ugly Mafioso... nothing about his new image congers up "The Penguin" to me.

The Crow meets Seven meets The Sopranos

I like the combo of the first two...
Maybe not many small people can pull the role off. I don't see any really short people in the world with much power. I get it is still fantasy, but this Riddler makes a ton of sense in this Batman world and I'm sure this Penguin will too.

Plus Bob Hoskins would've been the perfect Penguin. Maybe Phil Collins can fill in.

Back