The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Begins is by far my favourite of the 3. It feels like a Batman movie. TDK feels like a very good cop show and the protagonist just dresses up as Batman.
Agree with this. People are always amazed that TDK isn't my favourite.

Last edited:
I never cared for Bale and still don't. One of the reasons I can't connect to BB like so many here. For me, the only re-watchable Nolan Batman is TDK, and that's solely because of the late, great Ledger.

Burton films are a mess in their narrative, but they are immensely rich in color, detail, art direction, etc. I also find them hard to re-watch but at least there's lots of pretty pictures.

I can't say I've seen a Batman movie yet that I was jumping up and down about with excitement and couldn't wait to see again. All have had some form of disappointment that was equal to my thrills. The first -- '89 for me -- has that going for it: it was the first... and TDK had me at Ledger. Those two will stay with me because of those reasons only.

I don't expect The Batman to blow me away. Already there's too much I don't like. But I'm still looking forward to the initial experience, disappointments and thrills alike.

I know it will be better then Indy 5. Which is sad for me.

I never cared for Bale and still don't. One of the reasons I can't connect to BB like so many here. For me, the only re-watchable Nolan Batman is TDK, and that's solely because of the late, great Ledger.

Burton films are a mess in their narrative, but they are immensely rich in color, detail, art direction, etc. I also find them hard to re-watch but at least there's lots of pretty pictures.

I can't say I've seen a Batman movie yet that I was jumping up and down about with excitement and couldn't wait to see again. All have had some form of disappointment that was equal to my thrills. The first -- '89 for me -- has that going for it: it was the first... and TDK had me at Ledger. Those two will stay with me because of those reasons only.

I don't expect The Batman to blow me away. Already there's too much I don't like. But I'm still looking forward to the initial experience, disappointments and thrills alike.

There is no hope for Indy 5, alas.

But I'm still looking forward to the initial experience
CvHW.gif

You like the idea of Batman.

The trailer did not inspire me to want to see this movie. When the lead of the movie inspires cringe in every scene in the trailer, that's not a good thing.
Kravitz looks like she walked in from a CW show. The parade of villains is too much for one movie, but at least they don't come across as campy.
The look is muddy and sloppy.

I'll catch this when it streams so I don't feel bad for just turning it off.

Cheers to those that are seeing something inspiring here, but so far, it's just further illustrating WB's inability to deal with the DC characters.

At first I was not thrilled with the TDK style combat being the foundation for his style but this trailer confirmed my wish that they would go TDK + 10 and ramp up the pace, violence and visuals which they did.

This movie might actually ruin TDK lol

At first I was not thrilled with the TDK style combat being the foundation for his style but this trailer confirmed my wish that they would go TDK + 10 and ramp up the pace, violence and visuals which they did.

This movie might actually ruin TDK lol
The look and atmosphere of this movie is where I like my Batman. TDK is a classy Batman.

Back