The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC’s problem is they are catering to the wrong crowd, with all their metric and surveys and audience reactions.

They are trying to market to the FnF crowd, of average movie goers, instead of the rabid fan see the comic (and films) already have.

Say what you will about the Nolanverse but it was not just a success with fans, it was a HUGE financial success.

I think this next Batman will do the same….because it’s taking its audience seriously. Something the past films neglect …..people do not want a Iron man Batman…..they want their Batman real “ish”.

Now it’s a fine line between making it real and making it over dramatized.

Who cares about Batwoman? Call me when Battinson faces off against this:

9180-851103061.jpg

Man, with Autumn approaching I'm getting in a Bat-Mood again. Maybe I will end up cutting from somewhere else and build a proper Bat-Shelf with all the villains. It'd be the perfect Halloween/Gothic display if they're done properly. Add a Spawn somewhere and you're set. No need for Ghost Riders and whatnot... Eh, I'll have changed my mind until next week.

I am curious about seeing how Serkis looks as Alfred. I'm probably in for a Battinson as I like Pattinson, but nothing else has wowed me. If it does well and continues, I hope they lean more towards a gritty Gothic look over just "realism". I've grown to like the cowl as it reminds me of Nosferatu.

https://collider.com/dc-fandome-2021-date-trailers-whats-revealed-the-batman-the-flash-aquaman-2/
"While DC says fans can expect a lot of surprises in the next DC FanDome, we already have a lot of confirmed content that’s sure to grab the fans’ attention. Besides a new trailer for The Batman and a sneak peek at The Flash movie, Warner Bros. Pictures will also unveil the first look at Black Adam, new content from DC League of Super-Pets, and behind-the-scenes looks at Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and Shazam! Fury of the Gods."

DC’s problem is they are catering to the wrong crowd, with all their metric and surveys and audience reactions.

They are trying to market to the FnF crowd, of average movie goers, instead of the rabid fan see the comic (and films) already have.

Say what you will about the Nolanverse but it was not just a success with fans, it was a HUGE financial success.

I think this next Batman will do the same….because it’s taking its audience seriously. Something the past films neglect …..people do not want a Iron man Batman…..they want their Batman real “ish”.

Now it’s a fine line between making it real and making it over dramatized.
Very true. I don’t want my Batman to be done hulking brute who brands people like a psycho. I want my Batman to be down to earth.

Who cares about Batwoman? Call me when Battinson faces off against this:

9180-851103061.jpg

Man, with Autumn approaching I'm getting in a Bat-Mood again. Maybe I will end up cutting from somewhere else and build a proper Bat-Shelf with all the villains. It'd be the perfect Halloween/Gothic display if they're done properly. Add a Spawn somewhere and you're set. No need for Ghost Riders and whatnot... Eh, I'll have changed my mind until next week.

I am curious about seeing how Serkis looks as Alfred. I'm probably in for a Battinson as I like Pattinson, but nothing else has wowed me. If it does well and continues, I hope they lean more towards a gritty Gothic look over just "realism". I've grown to like the cowl as it reminds me of Nosferatu.
There is a pic of serkis as Alfred already out there but I don’t know where it is .

Also where are people reading spoilers from. Someone post them in the spoiler tags

I think the Tim Burton Alfred looked the most like a butler. My Cocaine, and Iron were good, but they didn't look like butlers. Maybe they were too famous.
Fair point. But a balding old guy in a tux would make for a boring figure. It's why I want to get an armoury set when I'm loaded enough to have 1.5K to sink. Having a 1/6th My Cocaine is enough incentive to get an Alfred. Irons is always cool, but I could never buy him as Alfred; I just saw Irons. He needs a bigger role, desu. Maybe something in the MCU. He'd be a great Old Man Doom. If Serkis has a unique and cool design I might be tempted too. Whenever the Fall and the Winter arrive I get in a Bat-Mood and I want more than my supposed strict list. I'm ideally trying to focus on the more Gothic-looking characters because that's the aspect of Batman I enjoy the most.

I like my Alfred more like Irons than Caine. Just something about Irons feels a bit more classy yet snide at the same time. Caine was inspiring, yet wanting that one-liner to land.

I never bought Caine as a butler.
Because it's Michael Caine. It'd be like Gene Hackman as Alfred, you'd be watching him give Bruce Wayne some s****** advice, but all you can think is, that's Gene ******** Hackman, in a Batman movie. It's like when he shows up in that Mexican movie with Brad Pitt. It was weird.

Gene Hackman as Alfred :lol

I love Gene Hackman. I'd love to see that Batman movie.

"Let me give you a little advice. Fella. We do it my way. Got it?" Batman simply nods.

Back