The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a "real" Batman?
A guy in tights who runs around with boys like in the comics, of course 😉

Seriously though, a cool comic version like we saw back in the day in knightfall era, for example

Or even Hush. Either way, he needs a cool Batmobile and batwing and bat cave. I understand I'm describing burton's batman...

Maybe we can't have comic style + good movie?

I do think Burton's fantasy elements made Batman more believable... whereas Nolan's world made him unbelievable and unnecessary.

The whole Bat-thing needs to be placed in a world where that happens. Downtown Chicago is not that place.

Such a stylized outfit requires a stylized movie.

Personally, I think setting a Batman movie in the 40's -- film noir -- would go a long ways to making it seem more believable. It would also give it a great look, not only for Batman, but for the cars, the villains, everything.

I do think Burton's fantasy elements made Batman more believable... whereas Nolan's world made him unbelievable and unnecessary.

The whole Bat-thing needs to be placed in a world where that happens. Downtown Chicago is not that place.

Such a stylized outfit requires a stylized movie.

Personally, I think setting a Batman movie in the 40's -- film noir -- would go a long ways to making it seem more believable. It would also give it a great look, not only for Batman, but for the cars, the villains, everything.

Yes to all, and you nailed it -- Batman is Magical Realism meets Noir.

From Wikipedia (where everything is always right all the time):

"Noir fiction is a subgenre of crime fiction. In this subgenre, right and wrong are not clearly defined, while the protagonists are seriously and often tragically flawed."

It's just odd that the 'better' a film is, the further from the comic look and feel it has to get. Nolan's films were mostly great, but batman didn't even have a proper cave or Batmobile.

I'm a comics fan, and get a bit sick of these reboots that stay grounded in reality but don't give us the cool batman I read in the comics

Everything has to be gritty, realistic and grounded in the real world now. For the record, I loved Joker, I just want a real batman, not a human dressed like a bat

Basically, Lego Batman, but without the jokes and with humans. Also, a grey and blue batsuit would be cool.

I just want a Batman that is already established but not old like that overrated tdkr comic. Gosh that’s been done to death and so stale. Just gimme a Batman in his prime who fights crime and has white eyes.
No more old declining age rugged Batman

This is The Batman movie I would like to see one day. I don't mind realistic or grounded, but a film that captures this iconography would be cool, but unfortunately, Batman is stuck wearing black because any shade that's lighter than black or even villains in colorful costumes evokes Adam West jokes.

YCvlxqD.jpg

That doesn't look like original Robin, that's why I couldn't figure it out.

Its also weird that Burton's Batmobile is in there, no? No other influence from the films.

I really don't care for Harley either as a character, and yet there she is, more prominent than most Gotham Baddies now.

Batman has an interesting range of villains, from "grounded" to "fantasy"...

Clayface is a magical villain. Same with Poison Ivy. To me, villains like these never really fit into Gotham City.

The grounded villains: Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Scarecrow.. Two-Face is right on the edge of believability.

Then there's this odd middle ground: Mr. Freeze (he's almost believable), Bane, Killer Croc, Man-Bat

Personally, I prefer the more grounded villains, with an element of pizzazz.

Batman has an interesting range of villains, from "grounded" to "fantasy"...

Clayface is a magical villain. Same with Poison Ivy. To me, villains like these never really fit into Gotham City.

The grounded villains: Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Scarecrow.. Two-Face is right on the edge of believability.

Then there's this odd middle ground: Mr. Freeze (he's almost believable), Bane, Killer Croc, Man-Bat

Personally, I prefer the more grounded villains, with an element of pizzazz.

A serious take on MR. Freeze would be good. In his suit, he could be a Darth Vader like villain. The best take on the character I've seem is The New Batman Adventures series version. He was basically a full robot, except for his head. He was scary.

A serious take on MR. Freeze would be good. In his suit, he could be a Darth Vader like villain. The best take on the character I've seem is The New Batman Adventures series version. He was basically a full robot, except for his head. He was scary.

I'm not sure a robot with Freeze's head is the best "serious" take.

A villain trapped in a life-support suit -- like bubble boy -- is realistic and could be very creepy. I think its the whole over-kill on "cold" that makes Freeze spill into "fantasy" territory.

The idea of some disease where his base temperature needs to be kept cold is very cool, and his fascination with all things cold is fine... its the living in an igloo, using an impractical freeze ray gun, etc. If they toned it down, where the idea of being cold was more about not being able to "touch" another person -- a symbolic cyborg -- which could be an interesting and foreboding tale of what is becoming of the new 'phone' generation. The loss of human contact. Man becoming Machine.

Back