The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure a robot with Freeze's head is the best "serious" take.

A villain trapped in a life-support suit -- like bubble boy -- is realistic and could be very creepy. I think its the whole over-kill on "cold" that makes Freeze spill into "fantasy" territory.

The idea of some disease where his base temperature needs to be kept cold is very cool, and his fascination with all things cold is fine... its the living in an igloo, using an impractical freeze ray gun, etc. If they toned it down, where the idea of being cold was more about not being able to "touch" another person -- a symbolic cyborg -- which could be an interesting and foreboding tale of what is becoming of the new 'phone' generation. The loss of human contact. Man becoming Machine.

By serious, I meant the character's personality, unlike Arnold with his jokes and cold puns.

Mr Freeze would have to be a fantasy character with his freeze gun and spider head if they really want to get creepy.

I don't want a realistic take on fantasy characters like Man Bat, Clay Face, and Poison Ivy.

When I saw this, it freaked me out. I forgot about the robotic voice. Peter Weller would be a good Mr. Freeze. Or Dr Strange Actor. He's got that long weird looking face to play Freeze.

I don't want a realistic take on fantasy characters like Man Bat, Clay Face, and Poison Ivy.

Then you need a much more fantasy-driven world for Batman to have these kinds of characters exist in all their glory.

Poison Ivy just doesn't interest me. Nature, controlling plants, monster venus fly traps, etc. She's not a very compelling villain. Visually interesting. I think most "kids" like her because she's sexy.

In that sense I can understand why Harley has had such an impact -- she's more fun than stoic Catwoman and flowery Ivy. She can do and say crazy stuff, and still be sexy doing it. She's a more active enemy (then Catwoman) and more grounded in reality (then Ivy).

When I saw this, it freaked me out. I forgot about the robotic voice. Peter Weller would be a good Mr. Freeze. Or Dr Strange Actor. He's got that long weird looking face to play Freeze.

Its like what they did to Darth Maul. What is it with spider legs???

And is every female sidekick in TAS basically a "Harley" type vixen?

A realistic take on Poison Ivy would be like a real life woman that poisons people with tea using toxics found in plants. :LOL:

Would you like some pois..um...tea, Batman?

No, thank you.

Oh dear. A knife it is then.

Last edited:
I'm not sure a robot with Freeze's head is the best "serious" take.

A villain trapped in a life-support suit -- like bubble boy -- is realistic and could be very creepy. I think its the whole over-kill on "cold" that makes Freeze spill into "fantasy" territory.

The idea of some disease where his base temperature needs to be kept cold is very cool, and his fascination with all things cold is fine... its the living in an igloo, using an impractical freeze ray gun, etc. If they toned it down, where the idea of being cold was more about not being able to "touch" another person -- a symbolic cyborg -- which could be an interesting and foreboding tale of what is becoming of the new 'phone' generation. The loss of human contact. Man becoming Machine.
This is an epic post

Clown pwned lol

09JQaQpTPjNnPOCVApyBuo4MW8uqRqVzhzy52JKfK1HngrrCUMK7Zc8BERKP2RPssr-1WQ9tjEH_4a57G_8sWBHgbAhkSehWpl_7t1KGMmz2en00faZUveZFiDAaJABvftLe9eN3RXbqjApDXtIHZr1BhuXNAboh7KhJUQ

I remember playing the casting game back when Batman Returns was released, thinking what big actors would be cast for Batman villains... and I thought Arnold would make a great Mr. Freeze -- but in that cold, Terminator way with the Austrian accent. I never considered his terrible hammy side.

I remember playing the casting game back when Batman Returns was released, thinking what big actors would be cast for Batman villains... and I thought Arnold would make a great Mr. Freeze -- but in that cold, Terminator way with the Austrian accent. I never considered his terrible hammy side.
I still like to think Jim Carrey in a serious tone and direction could make a great Riddler. I seen some of that in The Number 23. Funny, that was directed by Schumacher too.

Basically, Lego Batman, but without the jokes and with humans. Also, a grey and blue batsuit would be cool.
Yeah lol

Tbh if I were a film director with a massive budget, the batman film I'd make would either be really good or really bad. I just feel that the trend of realism and making it seem believable in our world, takes it further away from the comics

I'd hoped the batman film that batfleck was going to direct and star in would have been more like it as it was going to focus on his detective skills

Why cling to Carrey? There's so many actors that could make a much better Riddler.
Not clinging, just stating. I have a number of actors that would do a great job as well. Actors just act on how the director and script sets them up to be.

Why does Batman need to be realistic? So stupid. Nothing about him is realistic anyway. People say the Nolan films were realistic but they weren’t they were just gritty and dark.

characters like clay face, mr freeze and poison ivy can work. The problem was they made them so goofy and light hearted. I hate how they try to make the villains realistic it just dumbs them down .
Two face in the dark knight would have never talked or functioned with a burn wound like that. He was literally half a zombie with bone showing

Back