The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a lot of great stuff in begins, cillian Murphy was just an afterthought in the sequel. The end when Gordon shows him the playing card and batman says "I'll look into it" was very cool.

I also liked the fight with 'ras Al ghul': "Your parents' death was not your fault. It was your father's."

"Your parents' death was not your fault. It was your father's."
tenor.gif

Unfortunately, no one has fully committed to those worlds. They walk the line of fantasy and realism without going all the way in one way or the other.
Burton wanted a normal guy as Batman. And of course the suit started the all black rubber trend that made its way into the Nolan films. Nolan on the other hand kept some fantasy elements in all of his films, despite the grounded approach he took in his trilogy. Both versions also had technical limitations that made Batman more grounded, so he couldn't move like an actual super hero.

The only film to go all the way was Joker, but no Batman film so far has truly embrace that level of real world or fantasy.

The DCEU Batman tried, but unfortunately they chose the wrong comics to influence the movies and Batman never got his own film. Regardless, the Snyderverse looks ugly. The costumes got progressively uglier too.

A gothic city, with 1940s fashion, modern technology, some artdeco and crazy ass villains in their classic costumes , supernatural villains, and agile and athletic prime Batman in his classic dark blue and grey costume would be my ideal Batman. Robin too, without the green shorts and exposed legs. That's too much. 🤭

I agree with what you wrote.

Especially that only Joker 2019 has gone full reality-based.

I would like to see that world expanded on. But I also would love to see a more fantasy based Batman franchise.

I just don't think we've had a good Batman villain since Ledger's Joker. Bane was just a pawn and a meme machine, Talia didn't pan out as everyone seen that twist coming, Lex went full goofball, not much of KB Beast (Anatoli), Doomsday was just a punching bag and Steppenwolf/Darkseid wasn't explored much. I hope we get a good amount of Riddler in the next one, as there is so much to each villain to fully flesh out.

Long overdue for a good Batman villain.

Thought its surely too much to ask, I hope he becomes one of the great and memorable villains of all time... along with Hans Gruber (88), Agent Smith (99) and Ledger Joker (08).

The 2000s and 2010s had some all time great villains.

Hans Lada
Loki
Thanos
Anton Chigur
Sweeney Todd
Bill the Butcher
Daniel Plainview
Sauron
Golum
Patrick Bateman
Voldemort

Just to name a few.